What's new

TYM's 100 Must-See Movies

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
The Life Aquatic is awesome, props to @fr stack for picking it.

Reservoir Dogs is on the list, 25. I think it's the only Tarantino film on there yet.
Yeah any Wes Anderson movie is top tier. I literally am not able to pick a favorite except I think that Fantastic Mr. Fox is the worst out of all even though it is still really good.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
@AeroGrunt have you seen Sorcerer before? I have been watching some older flicks from the 70's lately that I have always wanted to see and that one was so f'n good. Check it out if you haven't yet. Most ridiculous tension ever...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076740/?ref_=nv_sr_4
Been meaning to watch it for a while.

Some older films I've watched lately:
The Holy Mountain - Great, smart film, really makes you think
The Cannibal Holocaust - I really liked it, my friend didn't. Acting and soundtrack is terrible but it was really ahead of its time and had way more depth than I expected.
Saló, or the 120 Days of Sodom - Not a fan, I wouldn't recommend it. I watched it for shocks but it didn't really deliver on anything.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Yeah any Wes Anderson movie is top tier. I literally am not able to pick a favorite except I think that Fantastic Mr. Fox is the worst out of all even though it is still really good.
Well my hopes are high for this one.
It looks great!

What surprises me the most is that Pulp Fiction isn't on the list yet.
Does Pulp Fiction really need to be suggested for it to get a spot? It's basically like the "bewbs" of the "list of best things evar". No one needs to suggest it. It's assumed to be there by default.

Sinister-2012
"Jump scares are the fart-jokes of horror movies, just because people react to it, doesn't make it smart and it doesn't mean they respect you for it" -Cinema Sins

In other words, Sinister is the equivalent to a Kevin James PG kids-comedy movie that he wrote with Adam Sandler in 20 minutes.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Does Pulp Fiction really need to be suggested for it to get a spot? It's basically like the "bewbs" of the "list of best things evar". No one needs to suggest it. It's assumed to be there by default..
I have 100 films that I think should be on there by default though haha.

Kim0z

Noob
"Jump scares are the fart-jokes of horror movies, just because people react to it, doesn't make it smart and it doesn't mean they respect you for it" -Cinema Sins

In other words, Sinister is the equivalent to a Kevin James PG kids-comedy movie that he wrote with Adam Sandler in 20 minutes.
That is your opinion and not a fact, Sinister contains jump scares, so what? it is a part of the whole horror genre.

besides this movie puts you in an unsettling atmosphere, which is hard to find in the new horror movies.

Sinister doesn't only offer jump scares but also it offers a really good horror psychological experience.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Yeah personally I thought it should have won best film that year...look at the 2010 nominee list...

“Avatar”
“The Blind Side”
“District 9″
“An Education”
“The Hurt Locker”
“Inglourious Basterds”
“Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire”
“A Serious Man”
“Up”
“Up in the Air”

I am not sure how the hell Moon did not make it into that 10 nominee list....

A Serious Man was pretty f'n depressing though...

District 9 was pretty decent...but nominating it over Moon....are you f'n serious people. I couldn't take the Oscars serious that year.
Up was super sad at the beginning :( Fuck you Disney, you're supposed to bring joy!