Votes: 35 9.0%
  • Goro

Votes: 16 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 263 67.4%
  • Tremor

Votes: 126 32.3%

• Total voters
Tempest is not that strong anymore. People know not to jump on him, how to escape his nerfed orbiting hat pressure, and how to space his jump 2. His teleport is garbage. Only low starter is d4. I'd put him top 15 but not 10 for sure

edit: Also, be prepared to start seeing Jupiter it more top 8s. Wrestler Jax got huge stealth buffs, including a new tick throw, and bnbs off new starters.

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Kotal's new buffs are fucking STUPID. He's top 10 to me now, he's completely ridiculous. I'm probably biased since I play the best one every day... but still.

Shinnok is overrated now, he *may* be top ten still, but he's not better than Kitana who barely has any votes. And Jax is really underrated right now. He's amazing.

My top ten is

Predator
Lao
Kitana
Erron
Kotal
Jax
Cassie
Tanya
Dvorah
Quan

no order

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Shinnok still top10? aw cmon! is it the character or the salt that is so strong? Kappa
Shinnok BS still has great kit.... i think a few of them flew under the radar, and people still hold first month stigma on bottom tier kombatants, like goro may be viable, ferra/torr ruthless is beastly now, reptile has fast frames and serious advance in movelist.

kung lao is still strong, but i feel he did lose alot from 112124 block string pushback.... but gained some right back with universal engine change to crossover characters auto turn, so his mk9 spin is kinda back.

jacqui FA has definitely climbed the ranks, dont know if she is top 10, but is definitely going to show later down the road...

Takeda has got the best patches 27 out of the bunch, but honestly did not make him S-tier but is definitely close to kits deserving it, with frame changes.

we can only wait and see, some may need more convincing due to past beliefs

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Tempest is not that strong anymore. People know not to jump on him, how to escape his nerfed orbiting hat pressure, and how to space his jump 2. His teleport is garbage. Only low starter is d4. I'd put him top 15 but not 10 for sure

edit: Also, be prepared to start seeing Jupiter it more top 8s. Wrestler Jax got huge stealth buffs, including a new tick throw, and bnbs off new starters.
New tick? Off of what string plz

SylverRye

Official Loop Kang Main
Lol at people not putting jax in top 10. That character is insanely good and has been messing all nrs nerfs. Id put him in top 5 or 6 lowest

MadeOfMetal

even though i knew all that, im glad you posted it,

nice footage:) reptile has always been one of my fav's its nice to see NRS support him in MKX

OFF TOPIC: is anyone else having XB1 DVR one drive download problems, like the vids being glitchy on phone and on Xbox One
Drive?

MadeOfMetal

30 votes for sub, lol

it's definitely not crazy to think but I'm still almost positive theres 10 chars that are higher on the tiers than him. He's probably around the 12-13 range atm.
yep but will say SZ Cryo extra HAmmer at end of combos is sweet but not top 10 worthy, his combo starters are great but Ditto, so many do what he does but have better OS than him and True 50/50's and better Blockstring's/Vortex/Corner game/Pressure.

hell i think Jason can be used better than sub.. he isnt as easy but in the right hands he is scary as hell now. also, kotal, new ferra torr, jacqui FA, jax, sonya, new goro comes to mind for possible better all around characters, depending on MU

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

There is no one way to escape the orbit hat pressure, its just a guess now, so instead of his pressure being guaranteed and forcing people to block, it makes the opponent less likely to block and get hit by various other options. And he still has at least 1 blockstring.

MadeOfMetal

There is no one way to escape the orbit hat pressure, its just a guess now, so instead of his pressure being guaranteed and forcing people to block, it makes the opponent less likely to block and get hit by various other options. And he still has at least 1 blockstring.
lol yep

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Shinnok BS still has great kit.... i think a few of them flew under the radar, and people still hold first month stigma on bottom tier kombatants, like goro may be viable, ferra/torr ruthless is beastly now, reptile has fast frames and serious advance in movelist.

kung lao is still strong, but i feel he did lose alot from 112124 block string pushback.... but gained some right back with universal engine change to crossover characters auto turn, so his mk9 spin is kinda back.

jacqui FA has definitely climbed the ranks, dont know if she is top 10, but is definitely going to show later down the road...

Takeda has got the best patches 27 out of the bunch, but honestly did not make him S-tier but is definitely close to kits deserving it, with frame changes.

we can only wait and see, some may need more convincing due to past beliefs
yo man BS shinnok is good, that's sure, but after theis last patch we also have a lot more competition and his nerfs were pretty heavy. top15? perhaps. top10? na-ah.