Votes: 16 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 263 67.4%
  • Tremor

Votes: 126 32.3%

• Total voters

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm pretty good at blocking, but against Sonya - even the best just gotta guess. Plus, she converts almost everything she lands into 33+% damage.
You're wrong. She can't convert anything if the opponent is a jumping scrub. B14 whiffs most of the time when hit people out of the air, and F2B1 leads to small damage. She has really big trouble against jumping back and projectile spammers. You don't need to guess against Sonya you need a good air mobility to win her. That's why I never consider her top 10

Last edited:

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I've yet to see a post-patch Buzzsaw.
Basically, the anti air change buffed buzzsaw, cause now he can pretty much constantly have a low hat on the floor, and STILL anti air you with a jab for 28% meterless. With the low hat being one of the best projectiles in the game, its pretty sweet.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Basically, the anti air change buffed buzzsaw, cause now he can pretty much constantly have a low hat on the floor, and STILL anti air you with a jab for 28% meterless. With the low hat being one of the best projectiles in the game, its pretty sweet.
Only a few characters can jump for free anyway since that change, most characters have a solid anti air option. Kung Lao J2 will forever be a bitch though, hats too big!
Also Buzzsaw is my least favourite Lao to fight but not really for matchup reasons, I just prefer dealing with tempests playstyle. When he gets a knockdown and puts grinder out I have no way to stop him from going in, its hatspin>run but if i dont gamble a meter I take 11 stagger/lowhat pressure back into the grinder.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Only a few characters can jump for free anyway since that change, most characters have a solid anti air option. Kung Lao J2 will forever be a bitch though, hats too big!
Also Buzzsaw is my least favourite Lao to fight but not really for matchup reasons, I just prefer dealing with tempests playstyle. When he gets a knockdown and puts grinder out I have no way to stop him from going in, its hatspin>run but if i dont gamble a meter I take 11 stagger/lowhat pressure back into the grinder.
Buzzsaw kinda wrecks Cage in all variations though tbf.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
The guys I play follow guys like yourself. So, once it rears face on-stream - expect the casuals to follow suit. Thanks for the heads up.

You think its over-taken Tempest?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
The guys I play follow guys like yourself. So, once it rears face on-stream - expect the casuals to follow suit. Thanks for the heads up.

You think its over-taken Tempest?
Not quite so sure if its better than tempest, but it's still pretty sweet.

Reactions: GAV

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Buzzsaw kinda wrecks Cage in all variations though tbf.
I dont think its all that bad, i have it as fairly even as d4 and forceballs are better than what half the cast has against lao. Just prefer fighting tempest as it involves less chasing. Is there something that Buzzsaw can do over Tempest that shuts cage down that im not seeing?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont think its all that bad, i have it as fairly even as d4 and forceballs are better than what half the cast has against lao. Just prefer fighting tempest as it involves less chasing. Is there something that Buzzsaw can do over Tempest that shuts cage down that im not seeing?
Cage has to run towards KL to get in, Buzzsaw allows Lao to just throw as many hats as fast as he can until Cage jumps.
He cant dash between hats or he gets hit, so by the time he's in he has no stamina.
Then on top of that, Cage walks into Laos overhead range before he walks into his own F3 range.
He cant jump because Laos 1 will AA him relatively easily.
You can't trade forceballs because the hat recovers fast enough for Lao to block.

1 throw resets the entire obstacle course, and he has a million and 1 opportunities for throws.
It seems quite similar to Kabal vs Cage in MK9.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Cage has to run towards KL to get in, Buzzsaw allows Lao to just throw as many hats as fast as he can until Cage jumps.
He cant dash between hats or he gets hit, so by the time he's in he has no stamina.
Then on top of that, Cage walks into Laos overhead range before he walks into his own F3 range.
He cant jump because Laos 1 will AA him relatively easily.
You can't trade forceballs because the hat recovers fast enough for Lao to block.

1 throw resets the entire obstacle course, and he has a million and 1 opportunities for throws.
It seems quite similar to Kabal vs Cage in MK9.
I dont tend to get kept out that bad, you take a bit of chip and lao gets some meter but its no worse than any other character zoning you. AA still isnt perfect and you can still jump from outside midscreen just to make up distance, half the stages have an interactable that you can use to cover your air approach too. When cage is up close its just staggering and reading each others counterpokes from cage and lao until either you die in the corner or i get sent full screen, lao still has lower meterless damage, 8f startup poke and no safe reversals. If lao can kill cage without him ever getting in then i gotta see that to believe it.... you saying its like Kabal Cage in MK9 makes it sound pretty fucking hard!

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I dont tend to get kept out that bad, you take a bit of chip and lao gets some meter but its no worse than any other character zoning you. AA still isnt perfect and you can still jump from outside midscreen just to make up distance, half the stages have an interactable that you can use to cover your air approach too. When cage is up close its just staggering and reading each others counterpokes from cage and lao until either you die in the corner or i get sent full screen, lao still has lower meterless damage, 8f startup poke and no safe reversals. If lao can kill cage without him ever getting in then i gotta see that to believe it.... you saying its like Kabal Cage in MK9 makes it sound pretty fucking hard!
Lao can throw his low hat, and run in after it remember, so if you jump even fullscreen you're getting AA'd.
Also, Cages staggers arent really that big a deal to Lao. He never has to spin, if you're staggering he's pretty much allowed to interupt with standing 1, assuming you're doing the typical Cage player stuff of trying to sneak an overhead in there, and then obviously on the cancels theres a flowchart way to block him, so in theory (and over time) with my strategy Cage shouldnt be able to open me up other than using throws.

There is no space on the stage that Cage has an advantage.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Lao can throw his low hat, and run in after it remember, so if you jump even fullscreen you're getting AA'd.
Also, Cages staggers arent really that big a deal to Lao. He never has to spin, if you're staggering he's pretty much allowed to interupt with standing 1, assuming you're doing the typical Cage player stuff of trying to sneak an overhead in there, and then obviously on the cancels theres a flowchart way to block him, so in theory (and over time) with my strategy Cage shouldnt be able to open me up other than using throws.

There is no space on the stage that Cage has an advantage.
Well IMO the only way cage really has to open up people who know how to block is tick throws, of which he has about 8 which you cant react to without letting go of block at -7 to -18. On wakeup you either spin or risk being put back into the same mixups again, so you can only stay safe for so long. If cage NEVER gets in against buzzsaw on his own terms, kabal vs cage style, then i can see where you are coming from but its a whole different match when ive got you blocking. I havent been zoned out by any character in the game to the point where i cant just catch up/get a lead from getting in once.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Well IMO the only way cage really has to open up people who know how to block is tick throws, of which he has about 8 which you cant react to without letting go of block at -7 to -18. On wakeup you either spin or risk being put back into the same mixups again, so you can only stay safe for so long. If cage NEVER gets in against buzzsaw on his own terms, kabal vs cage style, then i can see where you are coming from but its a whole different match when ive got you blocking. I havent been zoned out by any character in the game to the point where i cant just catch up/get a lead from getting in once.
Like I said, by the time you get in, you will have no stamina so you'll not be getting the constant tick throw set ups, and getting in is a mixup in itself because KL has a low, an overhead, a quick run up grab, d4, jump 2 etc etc

WITNESS

Worlds Famous
Honest question: Why are people saying Liu Kang is top 10 but not Johnny Cage? Johnny is way more + on a lot of his cancels after the patch. I'm not arguing. I'm genuinely confused.
Because this is tym that's why, I don't think liu kang is top 10 but I am wrong according to some people

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Like I said, by the time you get in, you will have no stamina so you'll not be getting the constant tick throw set ups, and getting in is a mixup in itself because KL has a low, an overhead, a quick run up grab, d4, jump 2 etc etc
I get what you are saying but my experience vs lao is that eventually cage will get in and then do his thing, so if theres no way at all im getting in it would be a whole different story and yeah cage is fucked!
I havent even fought a buzzsaw in this version of the game so if that AA buff has got you hyping I'll just wait and see, ive not been playing A list this patch either. If theres a chance to stop and sit down at RFD would love to run some cage vs lao with you anyway, dont think weve had a match since MK9.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I like how most people somehow still think invisible reptile is very good, yet since the dawn of invisibility there has yet to be someone to prove it. You cannot block what you cannot see? Really? It's still a 50-50 and then you poke back and the invisibility is gone.

Let me set the record straight, to be clear: you will N-E-V-E-R see deceptive reptile mopping the floor with anything or anyone, during the entire lifespan of this game, in any decent tourney whatsoever. There. Now we can all relax and move on.
You're ignoring what actually got good with Deceptive. Reptile has really good normals as is. Now he is capable of leaving himself very safe or plus if he doesn't hit you for a combo with those normals. F21 ex invis is such a bullshit option now. This is on top of invisibility. Which, if you played classic MK games vs good people, you'd know is straight fucked up. Invisibility works better with Reptile now than it did in MK9 simply due to his toolset. Also, Reptile's 50/50 leaves him + and too far away to poke back on one of his options, and safer than before on the other option, and he can put himself at an unpokeable distance without you knowing.

It's way more bullshit than you think.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I like how most people somehow still think invisible reptile is very good, yet since the dawn of invisibility there has yet to be someone to prove it. You cannot block what you cannot see? Really? It's still a 50-50 and then you poke back and the invisibility is gone.

Let me set the record straight, to be clear: you will N-E-V-E-R see deceptive reptile mopping the floor with anything or anyone, during the entire lifespan of this game, in any decent tourney whatsoever. There. Now we can all relax and move on.
You're ignoring what actually got good with Deceptive. Reptile has really good normals as is. Now he is capable of leaving himself very safe or plus if he doesn't hit you for a combo with those normals. F21 ex invis is such a bullshit option now. This is on top of invisibility. Which, if you played classic MK games vs good people, you'd know is straight fucked up. Invisibility works better with Reptile now than it did in MK9 simply due to his toolset. Also, Reptile's 50/50 leaves him + and too far away to poke back on one of his options, and safer than before on the other option, and he can put himself at an unpokeable distance without you knowing.

It's way more bullshit than you think.