Votes: 16 4.1%
  • Tanya

Votes: 263 67.4%
  • Tremor

Votes: 126 32.3%

• Total voters

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yes. Her pressure is armourable but she also has ridiculous armour to counter. The meta is always in her favour. She can easily bait the armour. You're always playing her game
You said that nobody has asked you how to beat Quan and that people tend to just complain without fully exploring how to exploit holes.

I feel the same way about Tanya.

Half the roster is not even top 15. Why do you hate half the roster NRS? Why?
The point is that if about 7 top tiers got the Raiden treatment the game would be extremely balanced. It's clear NRS wants them to stay the best though since they've been the best since launch

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
You said that nobody has asked you how to beat Quan and that people tend to just complain without fully exploring how to exploit holes.

I feel the same way about Tanya.
That's why I picked up Tanya to learn how she works after getting destroyed by MIT at evo. I now understand how she works. She decides where the holes are. She can play as risk/reward as she wants

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
She's the perfect character. Ridiculous pressure, meter building 3 armoured moves, including a safe launcher. Great mixups best footsie tools in the game and competitive zoning. She's far and away #1 right now
how is her pressure rediculous when she's pretty much negative on all of it now? o-0 you lost me

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
its only negative on block, and 90% of it is safe. and with all her armoured options you have to guess correctly when to poke or counter or you'll get full combo'd.

she's only got 2 armored options doesnt she? her tonfa's and her spiral kick or whatever its called right? or is her flipkick armored too?

thats what im saying though, she's negative on block, so once you block it her pressure ends. so she has to rely on meter now to make you respect her at all.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
b1 is overhead and -5. Safe
b1 2+4 is -4. Safe
b1 d2 is overhead,low and -9. Mostly safe.
df2 is -7. safe
321 is a a launcher and +2.

none of these require meter.

I will let my avatar do the talking
The only thing separating Quan and Tanya is combo damage, pressure, armor and zoning. Quan wins combo damage, pressure and zoning. Tanya has armor.

Let's talk about pressure. Tanya has ZERO 50/50s that are safe and that lead to combo besides ex spiral kick (-1000) . Quan has safe 50/50 launchers for days. Her pressure is no where near as deadly as quans.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I know for sure that Jax, Kotal, and Quan Chi are in the top 10 for sure. Cutthroat Kano would have been top 10 easily if NRS didn't butcher his EX Buff.

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
The only thing separating Quan and Tanya is combo damage, pressure, armor and zoning. Quan wins combo damage, pressure and zoning. Tanya has armor.

Let's talk about pressure. Tanya has ZERO 50/50s that are safe and that lead to combo besides ex spiral kick (-1000) . Quan has safe 50/50 launchers for days. Her pressure is no where near as deadly as quans.
she doesnt need combos and her pressure isnt meter reliant. quan has great pressure but only with bat and ex rune out. Both of which are requirements. Tanya has no requirements for her pressure. and she can hit confirm into a 39% off of a successful hit.

JDM

Noob
Lol shinnok overrated. He's basically the same. The absolute only difference is you can armor out of the reset
No there's a good amount of differences. Shinnok is still good, for sure. But he's more linear now (he was already pretty linear before) and his beam is slower, his resets are never guaranteed, and you can backdash a lot of his stuff now.

JDM

Noob
Don't be a product of your character. Quan struggles vs Tanya. She may be top ten but as to who is top 5 depends on a MU chart. She has so many holes in her offense that once you know the MU it's hard to open people up.

No 50/50 and solid tools equals top 10 but idk about number 1.

I know it's alucard. I ask because j never see anyone play anything but War. I was curious if he did play the others and if he did, how it goes.

I am a new Kotal main and I'm dying to see some high level play of blood God and sun god besides myself
I think War God is still better but Sun God is abusive. He just started using it so his isn't nearly as good as his War God (yet) but Sun God is very good lol

Also I need to get on that Tanya Matchup. Holes in her offensive you say?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
she doesnt need combos and her pressure isnt meter reliant. quan has great pressure but only with bat and ex rune out. Both of which are requirements. Tanya has no requirements for her pressure. and she can hit confirm into a 39% off of a successful hit.
I think War God is still better but Sun God is abusive. He just started using it so his isn't nearly as good as his War God (yet) but Sun God is very good lol

Also I need to get on that Tanya Matchup. Holes in her offensive you say?
Tanya

All tele cancel strings are less plus than they were. Poking out is much easier. Ex tonfa toss is best pressure tool and that requires meter. If your scared of armor, that also requires meter. Saying her pressure isn't meter reliant is silly.

Ex tonfa toss against most of the cast can be armored or poked after it comes back. Quan struggles here since his armor is bad but a 6 frame d1 will help.

She doesn't hit confirm all strings into 39%. That only happens if I hit you with the first hit of a string and if I haven't spent all my meter trying to open you up since I don't have 50/50s.

Staring quans pressure is super easy and it's like a train going down hill. Momentum, kinetic energy, Gravity, 9.8 mps^2, all that physics shit that represents speed.

Tanya is no different than any other character. After a string she is negative unless she spends meter. After that it's your turn. Tanya is good because of rekka but that has a multitude of holes too. You don't know if I'll use rekka or not and the fear of the next hit causes people to freeze. If people practice pnishing rekka in various stages of delay it will go a long way towards the MU. Also test your character vs ex tonfa toss into b1, f2 and 112. Look for holes to armor and poke. Some characters can duck the second ex tonfa completely and punish.