What's new

Tom Brady's MK9 Matchup Chart (2/17)

Truth

Noob
Also, there hasn't been one good Skarlet main-ing player exposed offline yet. Maybe one or two guys that dabbled with her, but no good representatives. Her placement has to be on theory as it couldn't possibly be on experience.
I think those Skarlet numbers might be from Detroit and M2Dave since I do know that Tom mentioned that he asked other top players about his tier list. It's just a guess on my half though, so don't take it as fact lol

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
That is one of the problematic things about fighting games, how do you measure "skill"? Is it through majors, knowledge, experience,etc. I think it's best if we let Tom Brady and CD jr explain the matchup unless MITDJT brother tells us otherwise.
Right, but the Kano matchup needs to be addressed, at any rate because 4-6 seems so far removed from reality. I canlive with matchups that Sub loses being seen as worse by some than others but Kano... Kano lol.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Ok. So a perfect MU chart is supposed to be based on the characters being played PERFECTLY, and this comes down to the TOOLS the chars have. Sooo, it has nothing to do with the player's ability. Sooo, chill, once you get the ability to play YOUR char at his best, you are going to win everytime, unless someone plays Raiden at his best TRoloLOloI

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I think those Skarlet numbers might be from Detroit and M2Dave since I do know that Tom mentioned that he asked other top players about his tier list. It's just a guess on my half though, so don't take it as fact lol
But again, I highly doubt that Detriot and M2Dave knew the character (Skarlet) inside and out the same way Tom knows Sub Zero or 16Bit knows Kitana. Again, I mean this with the most respect, but it's personal opinions set in stone from people who were not renowned for using the character.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
M2Dave doesn't even know Freddy inside and out, not a shocker he probably doesn't know Skarlett.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Against the best Jax I know, I can't win with anyone other than Sub-Zero. Jax crushes Noob, Smoke, Cyber Sub, but my Sub can win a fair share because even though he can armour to reverse the corner situation, so can I, albeit mine is a riskier way out, that is granted. Jax cannot have meter all game against Sub-Zero if you know how to control your spacing against Jax.

Jax's favour, but not 3-7. 4-6 at the very worst. If it's based on CDjr, you may as well say 9-1 because CDjr is so far ahead of everybody else in the States, from what I see, with the exception of possibly Perfect Legend, but thatremains to be seen.
How does Jax crush CSZ? Can't CSZ just space Jax out and dive any attempt for Jax to start his zoning game? This leaves Jax only able to rush Cyber down.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I knew the sub players were gonna attack this thread they do in every tier list thread

P.S. I like ermacs placement but i disagree with him beng 4 agaisnt kenshi and kitana

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
How does Jax crush CSZ? Can't CSZ just space Jax out and dive any attempt for Jax to start his zoning game? This leaves Jax only able to rush Cyber down.
Absolutely not, Jax can grab Cyber Sub out of the air for even attempting to continually divekick him out of gp cancels.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Sektor's placement in the tier list is accurate but.....
THE MATCHUPS ARE ALL MESSED UP!!!!!!

I would love to go into detail but again..this is Tom Brady's matchup chart, not mine.
Overall, I applaud him for this much effort and thought.

I doubt ANY other user on this forum will make their own matchup chart for EVERY character. Be glad you have something(a general idea).

For the most part i agree with kano's matchups. But seriously, Kenshi's matchup against kano should be 10/0 in kenshi's favor. It's literally damn near impossible to get in on a kenshi with kano and he just reflects knives along with his own clones. Stryker wins against kano, LOL. Seriously, kano outzones stryker to the max. Non-ex barrel roll=set up for an kanownage ass wooping. Skarlet also gets trashed by my kano everytime i fight one online, yet her matchups against kano is in her advantage? ughhhh......tom brady.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
For the most part i agree with kano's matchups. But seriously, Kenshi's matchup against kano should be 10/0 in kenshi's favor. It's literally damn near impossible to get in on a kenshi with kano and he just reflects knives along with his own clones. Stryker wins against kano, LOL. Seriously, kano outzones stryker to the max. Non-ex barrel roll=set up for an kanownage ass wooping. Skarlet also gets trashed by my kano everytime i fight one online, yet her matchups against kano is in her advantage? ughhhh......tom brady.
Stop using shitty online players to determine you MU chart. Damn!

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I disagree with a lot of the Kano match ups, it seems like Tom doesn't know that Kano isn't just knives and that he can rushdown and punish with some good combos. I mean, yeah he ain't Jax but he can get the job done, because seriously 4-6 against Sindel? Yeah sure....and my mom's the king and queen of cheese....

Stop using shitty online players to determine you MU chart. Damn!
It's not just shitty players, wtf? lol, calm down. I have fought friends and some really good players that used both scarlet and stryker and they could damn near do nothing against kano. Stryker loses in zoning against kano without meter, i've seen this countless times. Scarlet can't escape pressure from kano whatsoever, not just that, but scarlet in all honestly has no answers to kano. If you can give me one, throw it out there. And for kenshi players, shitty or not, for kano, it is excessively hard to get in on that dude due to lack of quick get-in specials or a teleport. How bout this, pick kano up and try him against a good kenshi and see what i mean, he gets trashed.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Inagree with kenshi...but doesn't Stryker get a free roll under when you throw knives? And isn't roll safe on block? Just because you beat a skarlet doesn't mean she loses that MU. And besides, are your friends all online or do yu have any offline exp against tourney players...it's not you I'm mad at so sorry if I sound annoyed...it's the combination of you, and everyone else basing tiers off online games, off assuming they play their character the best, and that there friends can't win vs me so apparently my character wins the MU...it's stupid.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It's not just shitty players, wtf? lol, calm down. I have fought friends and some really good players that used both scarlet and stryker and they could damn near do nothing against kano. Stryker loses in zoning against kano without meter, i've seen this countless times. Scarlet can't escape pressure from kano whatsoever, not just that, but scarlet in all honestly has no answers to kano. If you can give me one, throw it out there. And for kenshi players, shitty or not, for kano, it is excessively hard to get in on that dude due to lack of quick get-in specials or a teleport. How bout this, pick kano up and try him against a good kenshi and see what i mean, he gets trashed.
Online.

amazing how just one word overthrows a wall of text.

i find the MU chart incomplete like others.

Damn my main and sub are low.

But i have boulders so i play sub

and shang can have my soul anytime.

I disagree with a lot of the Kano match ups, it seems like Tom doesn't know that Kano isn't just knives and that he can rushdown and punish with some good combos. I mean, yeah he ain't Jax but he can get the job done, because seriously 4-6 against Sindel? Yeah sure....and my mom's the king and queen of cheese....
Actually, alot of the matchups are accurate, (except for the above said). You're kinda overestimating him (not saying he's not a good character, he's fast as shit), kano lacks in quick mixups like most characters have and his rushdown can usually be stuffed, uppercutted, or purely outsped and beaten by specials (aka reptile's dash or nightwolf's shoulder). And i guess you must be the Son of mozzerella because sindel can keep kano out for days along with the ability to outzone him completely. She also has quick specials (one being a medium mixup) along with her new low mixup. Like i said, if you wanna talk knowledge on a character you don't play, go try them and see for yourself.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Osu 16 Bit
rev0lver
Mr. Mileena

Based on the below information, I think Kitana will move down a bit.

"The one thing that sticks out at me is how does Kitana beat Sindel 6.5-3.5? I rarely hear this by Sindel and Kitana players as worse than 5-5. Especially considering it's Sindel's worst MU in this chart, worse than more obvious choices like Raiden."

"I still can't buy Kitana vs Liu in her favor. Even at best."

Ermac looks even to me, not 5.5 Kitana. Kabal I think is 4-6 in favor of Kabal.. I think Kitana should move down a little bit.

On an unrelated note, Tom mentioned on the podcast that Cyrax's placement is based on their current playstyle, and didn't mention Cyblax at all. I think Cyblax safe teleport will move him up past Kitana. Having said that, this is a damn good tier list and matchup chart.

Inagree with kenshi...but doesn't Stryker get a free roll under when you throw knives? And isn't roll safe on block? Just because you beat a skarlet doesn't mean she loses that MU. And besides, are your friends all online or do yu have any offline exp against tourney players...it's not you I'm mad at so sorry if I sound annoyed...it's the combination of you, and everyone else basing tiers off online games, off assuming they play their character the best, and that there friends can't win vs me so apparently my character wins the MU...it's stupid.
lol, it's ok dude. i see where you are coming from. No, my kano is far from the best, but i am pretty good with him. I've been playing him every since this game came out (took a break to start playing with rain, but went back to kano after a month, lol). But yeah, i have played friends offline and online, most of them are on my level and some are way more experienced. Stryker's normal barrel roll (without ex) goes under knifes, but doesn't go fullscreen landing him in front of kano for pressure. Stryker can't really even build meter with kano either as he would be either getting zoned at fullscreen or being rushed down and stryker has no answers for kano's rushdown except for uppercut which is stuffed by d1.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Based on the below information, I think Kitana will move down a bit.
Some of that could be potentially balanced in other matchups, though. For example, 16bit (and many other Kitana players including myself) puts the Smoke MU at 5-5. I also believe she could have a .5 adv added to the Lao and CSZ MUs. Also I don't see a big problem with Kabal-Kitana being only .5 disadvantage.

I wouldn't give a harsh criticism to this chart overall though. It's looking much better than older iterations.

That is by far the funniest thing I have read in this thread. :)
i seen your videos, lol. Trust me, those kano's didn't know what they were doing. Kano at fullscreen or up close is terror for stryker. The kano's in your vids did neither. I will say this much, a kano should never let stryker get anywhere between those two ranges or he's out of control.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Me overestimating Kano? No way dude, I firmly believe he's bottom ten. I just hate how there seems to be a consensus that Kano is just some one-dimensional guy who just throws knives and attacks people out of the air with his balls.

Me overestimating Kano? No way dude, I firmly believe he's bottom ten. I just hate how there seems to be a consensus that Kano is just some one-dimensional guy who just throws knives and attacks people out of the air with his balls.
I don't know if you main him or not, but like i said - kano is good, he's just nowhere near the best. Kano has way too many bad matchups to be top 10. Lol, and no matter what you do, people will see kano as that as long as this game exists. Kano doesn't have alot of specials and honestly not too many strategies so when people try to play with him, they automatically think thats all he's good for.........which is of course wrong. By the way, lol at "attacks people out of the air with his balls", i laughed.