What's new

Tom Brady's and REO's Early Injustice: GAU Tier List

Opps double post - sorry about that.

And Idk I don't think NRS will nerf the game to shit. I say that because I think Tom spoke up about how he brought up Cyborg's infinite to NRS months ago - and they didn't do anything about it in the months since. I don't want to play he said he said - but if that's the case I think NRS is going to be slightly less heavy handed - probably focusing more on mechanic and game polishing rather than character alteration.

Back to this tier list -

I agree, I think Ares is a little low. I personally feel that it'll take a more eperienced character than I to bring out his best. But from what I've seen his zoning is suffocating (especially with meter & trait). I also think its interesting that the few mobility options that he has are geared to getting him in - which is counter intuitive- the results make for an interesting zoner who is more adept at bullying than zoning.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
The only thing Deathstroke needs is less shots from his guns when he fires without meter :p
Outside of that I agree with everything you just said dude. KF's slide needs to be -14 on block instead of -4. And (forgive me hawkgirl players but she's my secondary) hawkgirl's mace charge needs to ACTUALLY be -55.
Mace charge MB is -55, regular mace charge shouldn't be punishable on block simply because there are ways to deal with it (armored move/backjump 2).

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!

And Idk I don't think NRS will nerf the game to shit. I say that because I think Tom spoke up about how he brought up Cyborg's infinite to NRS months ago - and they didn't do anything about it in the months since. I don't want to play he said he said - but if that's the case I think NRS is going to be slightly less heavy handed - probably focusing more on mechanic and game polishing rather than character alteration.

Back to this tier list -

I agree, I think Ares is a little low. I personally feel that it'll take a more eperienced character than I to bring out his best. But from what I've seen his zoning is suffocating (especially with meter & trait). I also think its interesting that the few mobility options that he has are geared to getting him in - which is counter intuitive- the results make for an interesting zoner who is more adept at bullying than zoning.
If that is true... and they didn't remove a block infinite.... I guess I am not too worried about the balancing of characters. That seems like something I would fix as a developer... if what you said is true of course. :16Bit

Back to this tier list -

chance your a wise man, but ares's strong point if you ask me are mixups (due to his ex invis)... his zoning is duckable and limited (less he burns meter) his movement his ass, his teleport is slow at 40 frames and his anti-air is not strong... he has some decent strings but i think hes placed wonderfully... godsmack is a scary move though.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
If that is true... and they didn't remove a block infinite.... I guess I am not too worried about the balancing of characters. That seems like something I would fix as a developer... if what you said is true of course. :16Bit
Fixing forward dash recovery universally would be fix tons of problems... And adding foward teching..

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
ceemurda

Nowhere did I advocate an infinite should be left in the game. As a matter of fact, any actual glitch, like that, should be removed. And people usually want patches to make their own lives easier and want them for the wrong reasons, not for "the good of the community" like people claim. Chars like Shazam do have chances to win, the game has been out a month, just because he hasn't won a major yet doesn't mean people are not in the lab still perfecting how to use him. And no, Gief could not avoid spam by lariat, he could still easily get zoned out by Sim's limbs alone so no idea what you're talking about there
Guess you never played sf2

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Guess you never played sf2
I was one of the kids on the lines waiting to play SF2 for hours so yes I played it, what does that 1 sentence have to do w/the entire paragraph I wrote? Infinites should always be removed from games, period

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
I was one of the kids on the lines waiting to play SF2 for hours so yes I played it, what does that 1 sentence have to do w/the entire paragraph I wrote? Infinites should always be removed from games, period
Because lariat has and always will be zangief invincible move.. Not to mention that lariat beats sims limbs on reaction but whatever... But in,your original you was talking about kids complaining about stuff being unfair and whining for patches that people find strategies.. My arguement was there are many flaws in this game that need to be patched or for like of a better word "fixed" like dashing forward and forward teching.. Those 2 things alone would put a better balance to the game as far as character viability goes..

Then you replied to me saying that shazam has a hard time dealing with keep away with people are developing tech for against zoners... Trust when I say this but if a zoning character wants to keep shazam out, shazam has no chance but to take chip or get lucky if they fukk up some how if they are not playing solid..

You realize that once you play shazam vs raven how bad he has it lol

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Because lariat has and always will be zangief invincible move.. Not to mention that lariat beats sims limbs on reaction but whatever... But in,your original you was talking about kids complaining about stuff being unfair and whining for patches that people find strategies.. My arguement was there are many flaws in this game that need to be patched or for like of a better word "fixed" like dashing forward and forward teching.. Those 2 things alone would put a better balance to the game as far as character viability goes..

Then you replied to me saying that shazam has a hard time dealing with keep away with people are developing tech for against zoners... Trust when I say this but if a zoning character wants to keep shazam out, shazam has no chance but to take chip or get lucky if they fukk up some how if they are not playing solid..

You realize that once you play shazam vs raven how bad he has it lol

You're not really suggesting Gief can just spam that over and over right? Like the move CAN'T be beaten? And in SF2, Gief's lariat didn't move. So you lost me honestly. Gief died by many chars in SF2 but people still found ways to win. People complained less back then and today, people want patches immediately w/out actually learning the game. This game is like no other, so when you keep comparing this to other games, you'll get disappointed. No, this game does not NEED patches or fixes minus Cyborg's infinite

trufenix

bye felicia
My arguement was there are many flaws in this game that need to be patched or for like of a better word "fixed" like dashing forward and forward teching.. Those 2 things alone would put a better balance to the game as far as character viability goes..
All that would do is flip those bad match ups around. You'd just be fixing your characters and wrecking someone elses.

Amadeous

Noob
Why do so many people think the lack of a block button is what benefits zoners so much.

Any 2D fighter I can think of besides MK has no block button. Those games are not dominated by zoners (even though the strategy is still effective, was in MK9 too with Kabal and Kenshi).

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Why do so many people think the lack of a block button is what benefits zoners so much.

Any 2D fighter I can think of besides MK has no block button. Those games are not dominated by zoners (even though the strategy is still effective, was in MK9 too with Kabal and Kenshi).
I think it's the SF style movement coupled with MK's zoning that makes them really good.

If movement still had dash cancels and shit I don't think some characters would do as well.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?

Exactly. People miss their block dashing to get in but this is not MK9, UMvC3 or any other game it keeps getting compared to. There are ways to get in on zoners, it's just annoying. People make these silly mistakes all the time

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP

You're not really suggesting Gief can just spam that over and over right? Like the move CAN'T be beaten? And in SF2, Gief's lariat didn't move. So you lost me honestly. Gief died by many chars in SF2 but people still found ways to win. People complained less back then and today, people want patches immediately w/out actually learning the game. This game is like no other, so when you keep comparing this to other games, you'll get disappointed. No, this game does not NEED patches or fixes minus Cyborg's infinite
Lol what? People complained alot then too about fighting game thus why there are x amount of versions of sf2... Back in korea in 91 dude were complaining about vega (bison in the usa).. On topic though guess we will have to see after evo what people think about this game in a nut shell because the overall complaint about the game is how strong zoning can be vs x character... Me personally dont guess a crap because I play hawkgirl which is on a different of annoying by herself.. But the thing is, the majority of players are not going to evo or dont care about the competitive scene so I would aim to please them first.. Just saying

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP

Almost all 2d fighters dont have projectiles that hit low or overhead from full screen either or push back on block

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Almost all 2d fighters dont have projectiles that hit low or overhead from full screen either or push back on block

Most 2D fighters also don't have projectiles that you can safely get a full dash in between volleys.

Back to block has NOTHING to do with the good zoning.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
All that would do is flip those bad match ups around. You'd just be fixing your characters and wrecking someone elses.
That makes no sense... How would not having a stiff forward dash universal make a zoning character less effective... Thats the dumbest shit ive heard all weekend besides that jackass with the tranny avatar picture of himself

Stop talking out of your ass. Seriously.

Reaction? Are you Superman or something lol?
Do you hear me? No because your reading... So its not possible for me to talk out my ass dipshit....

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
The only thing Deathstroke needs is less shots from his guns when he fires without meter :p
Outside of that I agree with everything you just said dude. KF's slide needs to be -14 on block instead of -4. And (forgive me hawkgirl players but she's my secondary) hawkgirl's mace charge needs to ACTUALLY be -55.
Against aquaman, hawkgirl can literaly spam mace charge and he can't do anything about it except maybe trade. it's dumb

ValeDJ

Noob
chance your a wise man, but ares's strong point if you ask me are mixups (due to his ex invis)... his zoning is duckable and limited (less he burns meter) his movement his ass, his teleport is slow at 40 frames and his anti-air is not strong... he has some decent strings but i think hes placed wonderfully... godsmack is a scary move though.
I'd agree with this. Albeit, I have seen some deadly Ares players rocking about, the main mix-up game they tend to do is tele, d1 trait, with the occasional meter burn f3 thrown in for good measure after his TP.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Against aquaman, hawkgirl can literaly spam mace charge and he can't do anything about it except maybe trade. it's dumb
you mean besides MB b3 for 45%? trust me i played brady a lot the last two days with the flash and hawkgirl, its a 8 - 2 MU vs the flash and 6 - 4 vs hawkgirl, and his j2 has good range to hit her out of the air, you can MB b3 her mace charge for big damage, and divekick is full combo punishable as well, the only thing that saves her is keep away in the air if your smart at doing it and her corner game because f13 hits him in the air too fast to use trait or a bunch of other combo starters that launch like MC into f13 combo for 40% meterless and instant air mace MB into f13 as well.