What's new

Things From IGAU That You Hope WON'T Make It In Injustice 2

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
gl had one of the better walkspeeds in the game from what I remember his problem was that his dashes sucked. Also backdashes in mkx are ass for most characters compared to injustice. Alot of characters had great backdashes like zod, Martian, superman, blackadam, bane ect. Most of the cast had great backdashes with a few exceptions like Nightwing.
GL may have had one of the better walkspeeds overall, but factor in the time it gets to max speed, it's a bill, being outclassed by Raven's and Flash's.

I disagree, but whatever. Question: was Zod - Lex always considered a 9 - 1 matchup, or was that later in the game? Cause it doesn't seem to be 9 - 1 in the earlier video I posted.
Always 9:1, people just didn't know it till later. No one brought out the consistent IAZBs against a good Lex until Rev0lver vs RelaxedState.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
GL may have had one of the better walkspeeds overall, but factor in the time it gets to max speed, it's a bill, being outclassed by Raven's and Flash's.
Too bad about his air mobility though. So many times I saw the guy try to get in on a Superman with solid zoning and he'd resort to jumping turbine stuff and get bodied for it. It hurt watching DJT trying to get in for sooooooo long on KDZ and then trying to resort to Doomsday switching. I understand why he tried to do that. He thought he could shoulder rush in and possibly armor in, but Superman was specifically built to cancel out Doomsday's tools. If Superman blocks the rushdown he dies and if he doesn't fall for earth shakers he dies. I saw him at a loss at a couple of tournaments resorting to the Doomsday swap from GL and it never worked. He just ran out of energy to GL turbine rush in.

Hopefully this time around GL gets a better air mobile set of options or at least an option to deal with horizontal zoning as strong as what Superman had. Dude lost all forward momentum in those sets.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I was biased because I played mmh but overhead teleports that hit airborne opponents, launch and are safe on block is one some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen

Edit: hitcomfirmable into 40% and doesn't require meter to do (30% meter less)

ConquaY

I play a bug lady, Bruce Lee and a cowboy.
Netcode.
Zod.
Opponent rage quits = you get the loss.
Also unblockable interactables.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
The one thing I didn't like about Injustice was the jump-in/jump-arc for most characters. It didn't feel natural to me at all, therefore I chose to focus on UMVC3 instead. Nonetheless the game was very fun to follow and watch competitively!

MK FIGHTER

Knife Fight
1. Back to block = Horrible.
2. Slow Walkspeeds.
3. Small character scaling.
4. Do Not make the game any faster than MKXL or else you'll end up nearing Hyper Kombat which is the worst modifier ever.
5. Less female characters. Just keep Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Raven, and Killer Frost. That's it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
This thread is 172 replies long... so I guess there would be repeats in my list, I am not reading the entire thread.

Things I do not want to see / want to see.
  • Stage Transitions, just make is a normal stage like in MKx (but way longer from end to end!)
  • Remove the Clash System, This system was horrible I hope it is completely removed, I am sure it will be and some other "super" system in its place.
  • Normal Rounds, with round reset positions. The NRS habit of fooling with the way rounds reset is never better than simply having each round with new full health bars and the players positions being reset to the middle of the environment.
  • Intractables need to be blockable, MKx style intractables are fine, so something like that
  • I disliked the variable camera positing. In I1 if you both were walking backward, once you got to the sides you could keep walking back and the camera would pan backwards creating large amounts of space between the players. I think MKx is a great example of good fighting game distances and it should be kept like that. (but longer stages!)
That is all I can think of right now, but I will probably think of something else latter.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
They're saying just make the cursor invisible to the opponent by default. There are several pros and zero cons.
How's that supposed to work offline though? That's a con lol.
Simple. Just get rid of the mechanic completely and as I said make it so that you don't see who your opponent picked until the match about to begin like the Capcom FG do. This way you also won't have to worry about the other person trying to counterpick. Some people will actually just sit and wait until you pick first so they can counterpick. Hell I remember one time I was trying Deathstroke out and as soon as I picked him, the other person(having already picked his character) would go back and pick Scorpion.
Getting rid of the mechanic doesn't make it better, that's just getting rid of it. So what if they wait to counterpick you? If you're a good enough player it won't matter most of the time. These really just sound like casual problems tbh.
Huh? I don't mean any disrespect, but did you really read my previous reply?

The NRS design allows mistakes. Most other character select screens don't.

A character select screen design that allows for mistakes is inferior to a character select screen that does not allow mistakes.

I really don't see how you could argue with that.

No, I'm claiming it is flawed, because it is flawed. This is why they fixed it in MKX.

Because it should only hide your cursor from the opponent. Hiding the cursor from the player trying to choose a character is (soap bar in my mouth).

By displaying it to the player yet hiding it from the opponent.

Yeah, they absolutely did.

In IGAU, you can force people to choose a different character if they are moving around the map select screen and back out close to when the timer finishes. I know, I used to do it. You can't do this in MKX. You know...I haven't played MKX in long enough to remember, but it absolute does not work and something changed in the design to prevent it. I'll have to check on Saturday when I'm home, but if I recall correctly, backing out of the map select screen in MKX doesn't unselect the opponents character like it does in Injustice.

That same map trick in IGAU can also be used to stop people from using a custom skin, which also isn't possible in the MKX design..

If you're on PS4, I'd be glad to hop on and demonstrate it to you. I guarantee it works, and is a problem.

edit: Lol, since when is the "r word" considered a swearword or slur? And how is it replaced with [soap bar n my mouth] when swearing is rampant on this site? Just seems like an odd choice out of all the potentially offensive words to censor.

edit2: I see my little stalker troll is still around, obsessively liking everyone who disagrees with me. How sad. Poor little Muzy.
Because we're not talking about character select screen designs, we're talking about the hidden cursor mechanic whic is designed to literally only hide your cursor which it does.

LOL "it is flawed because it is flawed", dude you literally have no argument here. That isn't an argument. If you can't back up your points with legit logic stop trying to make them.

Hiding the opponent from both players is the only way it's going to work offline so again you're talking about a specific situation being the only reason it's "flawed" in your opinion.

"map trick" Sorry but these 'problems' you're describing are you getting mad because some casual did some thing online to you. You're really not providing anything significant to back up the idea behind it being flawed other than your one situation. It works how it's supposed to, they're not going to implement it two different ways for online and offline just because you chose to do hidden cursor and moved away from the character you selected. Just don't hide your cursor, simple. They can wait until the last minute and go back or whatever but you can also pick your character at the last minute to avoid this so who cares? Plus as you're claiming they fixed it in MKX so what's your point?

Swear words are in no way comparable to the r word which is a slur and offensive to those with mental health problems.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Slow walk speed, unblockable interactables, unbalanced interactable classes, crappy background music, safe launching teleport attacks that hit overhead and have insane priority that somehow get buffed. Also, I hope 8 rounds of buffs for characters don't come back (Bane).