What's new

Things From IGAU That You Hope WON'T Make It In Injustice 2

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I liked Clashes. It slowed down the game and gave you a minute to think, especially in tournament. I doubt they will take them out tbh. Or they will add another gimmicky breaker system that might be even worse lol.

Please increase walk speed. Certain characters (especially ones I played) really got hurt by the bad walkspeeds. Green Lantern would probably have been top tier if he didn't have terrible walkspeed, and lex would have been around top 10 too imo.

Unblockable interactable unscaled OTGs GOT TO GO. It nearly defined the tier list towards the end of the game. I do think they should be more useful than MKX's though, I still don't even know all of MKX's interactables, barely use them. Mainly I use the ones I can jump out of the corner with. Maybe make them unblockable and able to OTG but make them scale like Tremor's OTG (I'm worried they'd fuck it up like Tremor's OTG though tbh, it can still be unscaled if you do it properly)

Better Backdashes pls. MKX backdashes were pretty good, maybe some needed a littel work but overall a big improvement compared to inj 1.

Make it so some characters are not one string wonders. This is what killed injustice for me. Some characters used 1 string an entire match pretty much. Aquaman, Lantern, Superman, etc. really only had 1 great string. I'm sure they will work on this since MKX didn't suffer from this.

I wonder if they will bring back the "hold down to block both ways" mechanic.
gl had one of the better walkspeeds in the game from what I remember his problem was that his dashes sucked. Also backdashes in mkx are ass for most characters compared to injustice. Alot of characters had great backdashes like zod, Martian, superman, blackadam, bane ect. Most of the cast had great backdashes with a few exceptions like Nightwing.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Nah. Fuck that video. It's shows like...the worst possible scenario. maybe revolver wasn't familiar with the matchup at that point or something.

Here is playing Pig, and at the end of the videos the score is like 18 to 39 or something. That's almost 5-5, which is how I feel the MU is, at least online. 9-1 is bullshit.
Did you bother looking at the dates of the video?

Also, tournament is much more strenuous than online, not that you would know

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Awful facial modeling on the characters... Raven and Wonderwoman especially (shudders)
Unblockable interactibles
Different unblockable interaction based on class... ie strong characters could throw an unblickable while lithe characers could only dodge
Clash system was supremely stupid... I don't want to play a dumb wager minigame that detracts from the actual fight.
Launching normals like B3/F3 ---- bouncing off the edges of screen... I never liked this it looks awkward and everyone's conversions start to feel the same.
Godawful UI/HUD... MKX minimalist style is the way to go.
comboing off of pokes
tiny character models juxtaposed against massive screen real estate.
lifeless music

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
1. Slow walk speed
2. Unblockable interactables
3. Safe 50/50's
4. Large maps(I hated how it would zoom out)
That was one of the worst things to be sure. My God the stuff with the Fortress of Solitude and Watchtower were atrocious. And remember the friggin CAR at the Wayne Manor? How bout the dumpster? Oh man and the stuff at the Airfield everywhere? Yeah that was ridiculously bleh. Over the top is the name of the game but seriously let a man block.

Look at this vid and make a list.
Remember if Batman jumps off it, power dudes could outright throw it at you.

shaowebb

Oh man I can't believe I forgot this thing.

I HOPE THE MOVIE SCORE SOUNDTRACK NEVER RETURNS IN THE GAME OUTSIDE OF STORY MODE.

That was so unhype and it killed the excitement sooooooooooooo much during setplay or arcade mode or online modes. During story if they want to set a tone like a movie sure fine its a thing that story mode is like a movie, but my god give us something catchy to fight to! I dont care if its Killer Instinct style hard ass pulse pounding metal/dubstep or metal like Guilty Gear, or varied tracks like Marvel or even smooth Jazz like Skullgirls so long as its catchy. Just not ambient 'waaaa wawawa WAHHH waaa bumbumbum" ever again.

JDM

Noob
Nah. Fuck that video. It's shows like...the worst possible scenario. maybe revolver wasn't familiar with the matchup at that point or something.

Here is playing Pig, and at the end of the videos the score is like 18 to 39 or something. That's almost 5-5, which is how I feel the MU is, at least online. 9-1 is bullshit.

Lex's walkspeed is just fine, at least in my opinion. And cyborg? You gotta be kidding me. He isn't remotely a threat.
Dude. There is no "worst case scenario". He failed to get in once and lost. That's how the matchup works. Yeah it takes execution but matchup-wise Zod and cyborg have the tools to completely shut down Lex at any time they get away from him. Cyborg IS a threat, in that matchup. He's bottom tier but still shit stomps lex. There was only maybe one good Cyborg ever, which was RelaxedState. I'm sure you think Cyborg isn't a threat if you haven't played him before but matchup-wise Lex gets destroyed.

gl had one of the better walkspeeds in the game from what I remember his problem was that his dashes sucked. Also backdashes in mkx are ass for most characters compared to injustice. Alot of characters had great backdashes like zod, Martian, superman, blackadam, bane ect. Most of the cast had great backdashes with a few exceptions like Nightwing.
No matter if he had one of the best walkspeeds in Injustice, the walkspeeds were all so terrible it didn't matter if he had the best or one of the best. You couldn't walk people down in the game. Huge stages, fast projectiles, slow walkspeed all combined hurt Lantern.

They didn't have good invincibility from what I remember. It was really hard to backdash interactables on reaction.

Idk, I remember Injustice backdashes being worse overall. Could just be me though

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Where is that gif of Lex eating infinite IAFBs? Can someone post that? I don't want that shit in Injustice II!

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Dude. There is no "worst case scenario". He failed to get in once and lost. That's how the matchup works. Yeah it takes execution but matchup-wise Zod and cyborg have the tools to completely shut down Lex at any time they get away from him. Cyborg IS a threat, in that matchup. He's bottom tier but still shit stomps lex. There was only maybe one good Cyborg ever, which was RelaxedState. I'm sure you think Cyborg isn't a threat if you haven't played him before but matchup-wise Lex gets destroyed.

No matter if he had one of the best walkspeeds in Injustice, the walkspeeds were all so terrible it didn't matter if he had the best or one of the best. You couldn't walk people down in the game. Huge stages, fast projectiles, slow walkspeed all combined hurt Lantern.

They didn't have good invincibility from what I remember. It was really hard to backdash interactables on reaction.

Idk, I remember Injustice backdashes being worse overall. Could just be me though
backdashing interactibles was hard but that's just because the interactibles were active for awhile and had a huge hurtbox but backdashes were still great in that game for the most part. in fact I consider what they did to backdashes in mkx to be a nerf compared to injustice

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Oh man I can't believe I forgot this thing.

I HOPE THE MOVIE SCORE SOUNDTRACK NEVER RETURNS IN THE GAME OUTSIDE OF STORY MODE.

That was so unhype and it killed the excitement sooooooooooooo much during setplay or arcade mode or online modes. During story if they want to set a tone like a movie sure fine its a thing that story mode is like a movie, but my god give us something catchy to fight to! I dont care if its Killer Instinct style hard ass pulse pounding metal/dubstep or metal like Guilty Gear, or varied tracks like Marvel or even smooth Jazz like Skullgirls so long as its catchy. Just not ambient 'waaaa wawawa WAHHH waaa bumbumbum" ever again.
Gotham and Atlantis were great but I think I'm the only one that like those :(.

shaowebb

Ever play Injustice with other game soundtracks on. WAY MORE INTENSE.
I rocked Bane vs Superman in the Fortress of Solitude to Glacius theme from the KI soundtrack. All that stuff being destroyed and stuff was incredible to that track.

Check this out. Its a Superman vs Bane match dubbed to that track.

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=iey7HfsHBAs&video_start=0&audio=IIkoSjrVSP4&audio_start=0

THIS is what we need to bring the hype. More intense music to fight to. That was hype and the players aren't even that good.

shaowebb

Geez, I never should've hung up my guns...

EDIT: Ahhhhhhhhh...at last my arm is whole again.

Last edited:

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I hope wonder womans other stance doesn't make it into the game. Rather her feel like a complete character than a poorly done stance character.