What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Couldn't batman just nj2 every time after slide? The risk reward is shit for lobo. If he nj2 then command throw is punished, if lobo does hook charge then batman eats 9%. I don't see any reason for batman to not nj2. This sounds like a pretty shitty 50/50. And on the off chance that batman does block hook charge, you're dead too.
I dont understand when is bats nj2ing? He can't do tht after he hits me with a slide cuz he is negative on hit he will get hit by a hook charge then I can insta toss and all he can do is wakeup again or take half damage

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I dont understand when is bats nj2ing? He can't do tht after he hits me with a slide cuz he is negative on hit he will get hit by a hook charge then I can insta toss and all he can do is wakeup again or take half damage
After the slide on hit if you do command throw and he does nj2 you eat a combo. Yes you can do hook charge and hit him but it's only 9%. The risk reward in that situation looks like it is more in batmans favor than lobos.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
After the slide on hit if you do command throw and he does nj2 you eat a combo. Yes you can do hook charge and hit him but it's only 9%. The risk reward in that situation looks like it is more in batmans favor than lobos.

I don't think anyone is saying this situation is what's juicy. The point is slide is not a good wakeup attack and that's all he can do to beat grab after a Hook Charge hits.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
If he gets hit by the hook charge, batman is in a really really shitty situation. I don't know how you could see it being in batman's favor. This is assuming he gets the slide to hit. Sure it'll happen if Lobo guesses wrong but all batman does is get out IF Lobo doesn't mb hook charge in that case. The real situation to pay attention to is if batman gets hit by hook charge.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
I never said to wake up toss after eating a slide its too slow. The reason wakeup charge IS in lobos favor at this point is becuase if he eats it then it is only nine percent...but you get the oki of tossing on his wake up inwhich the only way he gets out of is doing another slide. If I read he's going to slide in block the punish with toss for half life. If he does nothing or jumps or dashes and I read that he CAN NOT get out of my toss doing half life. If I'm wrong and he hits me with another wake up slide then we are back at square one and he must respect tht wake up chargeand if he does and blocks it its going to be meter burned unless I'm dumb.then there is the post mb charge meta and I gonna jump, standing 3 50/50, or naked toss. Its hard to comprhend with out seeing it and a lot of lobo mains don't even di the post charge meta but belive me its not good for bruce. I hope I'm not sounding like a dick I just want you to understand. Alsi orobs at NEC man

post mb charge meta

Can't the opponent just backdash all of your options after MB Charge? You're only +4 on block. Doing a jump-in should easily be anti-airable since Lobo has a very floaty jump and lobo's jump-ins aren't amazing like Deathstroke or Joker, there's a 7 frame gap for the opponent to back dash standing 3, and czar toss is 20+ frames of start-up which is easily beaten out by anything.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Can't the opponent just backdash all of your options after MB Charge?
if he wants to back dash then i can trait shot or do another charge. lobos game is about shutting down the opponents mobility and making them afraid to move, afraid to backdash, or just push any-buttons all together once that is achieved then thats when you throw out a toss. the most satisfying thing playing injustice is when i do a mb charge on block and then catch them with a naked toss cuz then i know they are charged of me. those previous options i mentioned are really what you should do when your opponent is conditioned to be scared of you such as jump in tick throw, toss, standing 3 50/50 into post charge game.

and even if they do back dash my three its not a game changing back dash they just get out

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Nothing says 'I'm a lobo player' quite like getting arrested for stalking a cast member of 'California dreams'

I noticed last night lobo's db1 anti air grabs deathstroke out of his f3. I thought that was pretty neat as I normally have trouble finding use for it with how precise it needs to be.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
So, I recently found out that F23 is an unclashable string and decided to use this for some sort of setup.

Also this causes a hard knock down which lets you go for a free toss if they dont wake up just like after a hook charge. They cant jump out or back dash.

Also a good thing is if you miss time it most of the time they wont be expecting a low and it will "american reset" them for unscaled damage and a toss setup.

also remeber only f23 makes hard knock down with shells.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
It really turns into a slobberknocker, man. We tend to go all out, with both sides trading off the momentum during the match. I'd love to do a FT15 with any of you. Too hype. Safe strings, frame advantage enders and a little oki thrown in for good measure.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
I had a fun set with an offline lobo a while ago, like a month after the patch came out.
If you can blow up lobo's wakeup with a properly timed neutral jump, you're pretty set.

...it's also fun seeing other peoples different 200% combos.

The mirror is really dumb lol. I personally hate having to play the mirror in any game, and the Lobo mirror isn't an exception to this. You're basically disrespecting the fuck out of each other the whole time, since Lobo's knockdowns don't let you attempt a crossup to stuff his wakeup charge. And the minute you get a life lead, you begin to zone with trait shots and it becomes a game of chicken; first to ever-so-slightly move a little gets shot in the dick for about 26%. I rarely ever get an opportunity to even attempt stuff with 21 or tick-throws.

It's really awkward and dumb to play out, but it's super hype to watch. I don't think there's one true way to play any mirror, just comes down to punishing your opponent's mistakes and straight up out-playing them.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
The mirror is really dumb lol. I personally hate having to play the mirror in any game, and the Lobo mirror isn't an exception to this. You're basically disrespecting the fuck out of each other the whole time, since Lobo's knockdowns don't let you attempt a crossup to stuff his wakeup charge. And the minute you get a life lead, you begin to zone with trait shots and it becomes a game of chicken; first to ever-so-slightly move a little gets shot in the dick for about 26%. I rarely ever get an opportunity to even attempt stuff with 21 or tick-throws.

It's really awkward and dumb to play out, but it's super hype to watch. I don't think there's one true way to play any mirror, just comes down to punishing your opponent's mistakes and straight up out-playing them.
Slobberknocker!