What's new

They Don't Call Me The Main Man For Nothing! - The Lobo General Discussion Thread.

That smooth music lol. Does Lobo have other unclashable strings that you know of?
Nope, as far as I know, F23 is the only unclashable string Lobo has, which is funny since it kinda had no real use before this tech. Now Lobo can do unclashable and make you guess between an array of options like crossup/non-crossup facedive, meaty toss/block or whiff punish the wake-up, meaty anything to stuff shite wakeups/etc as opposed to doing b3 f3, sending the opponent hella far away but allowing you to load shells and dash up. B3 F3 is still the easier way to go about unclashable and it has good options after nailing it, but I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally like the mix-ups from b3 f23, even if it's a bitch to connect the f23.

I've been thinking of BnBs and situations in my head so bear with me. Is it possible to quick stand your opponent, then have czar toss basically guaranteed? Like a reset.

I don't have time right now to test this, or figure out if it works.

This is most suitable in the corner. And I'm thinking along the lines like this.

113/21~low pump shot/low pump shot, D2, 113~czar toss MB, dash, D2. They quick stand, then basically you launch them again for free with another Czar toss. My only fear is that second D2 would make your grab out of reach.

You seem to get like a 25-30%+35-39% reset for 2 bars (not really 2. Maybe like 1 and a half) in the corner if this works.

@Lord Hollow @GGA Fill Pops @Cage Redfield @FGC-Oni @Chaosphere @Captain Oxygen

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Random question: What is Lobo's most damaging string off of a F3?
This is the one I had archived, but I'm sure there are others that can break 50% easy. Fully traited, its 55%. God forbid we meter burn the F+3.
(Untraited) f+3, b+2,u+1, 1,1,3, Czar Toss (burn), b+2,u+1, Pump Shot (burn)

Sledge

Hero of Earth
This is the one I had archived, but I'm sure there are others that can break 50% easy. Fully traited, its 55%. God forbid we meter burn the F+3.
(Untraited) f+3, b+2,u+1, 1,1,3, Czar Toss (burn), b+2,u+1, Pump Shot (burn)
Is that in the corner or mid screen?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
Lord Hollow wrote it if I remember.
Correct.
Is that in the corner or mid screen?
Yea, its anywhere. The reason I like the b+2,u+1 follow up is: it automatically adjusts the opponent to the attack. It only has to touch them and they go through the set animation of getting slammed, then scooped up. It pulls them closer, which is idea for the unpredictable nature of his f+3 and b+3.

random tech

as explained in the video, if you attempt to clash by holding forward + meter burn, you get wrecked since Lobo times the standing 2 to hit on the other side of the body. This would be useful for wanting unclashable (although its not 100% unclashable) damage and be able to set up your trait safely.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
random tech

as explained in the video, if you attempt to clash by holding forward + meter burn, you get wrecked since Lobo times the standing 2 to hit on the other side of the body. This would be useful for wanting unclashable (although its not 100% unclashable) damage and be able to set up your trait safely.
Its posts like this that make me want a dislike button.

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
A lot of people circumvent the whole "which direction to clash" thing by just wiggling the joystick instead of holding the direction.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich

LOOOBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

From the new 52 he's gonna be in Red Hood and the Outlaws #31
yes i saw this yesterday you know im gonna be reading the hell out of it when it drops in may. really hope he bangs starfire! :p
FRAG FRAG FRAG!

random tech

So it crosses up? Can't you hold backwards? Or you have to go ham on the directional pad?

so this is a thing, I guess. If timing the backdash/forward dash in the corner is too awkward for you, you can also hold forward and tap forward again once you see lobo turn around. You don't have to dash to do this, just walk or move your character model when he turns.

on an unrelated note, I feel like we should find out what F21 xx spin cycle is on hit. If it's +1 on block, it has to be pretty damn good on hit. The cancel advantage is stupid enough to let you combo off F21 xx mbb3 dash cancel ffs.

Yoaks

A spaceman

so this is a thing, I guess. If timing the backdash/forward dash in the corner is too awkward for you, you can also hold forward and tap forward again once you see lobo turn around. You don't have to dash to do this, just walk or move your character model when he turns.

on an unrelated note, I feel like we should find out what F21 xx spin cycle is on hit. If it's +1 on block, it has to be pretty damn good on hit. The cancel advantage is stupid enough to let you combo off F21 xx mbb3 dash cancel ffs.
Lobo is almost a better Doomsday now without DD's trait. 33/33/33 after MB HC. Now this?....I'm loving this character more and more.