What's new

The TYM Ultra-Mega Hitbox Thread

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I'll most likely be playing only Injustice and MK9 untill MKX comes out but it's a shame, I wanted to get into Tekken and SSF4 ae. Should I not play them for a little while?
What @iloveTSA pretty much hit the nail on the head, when I was practicing with SF because the nature of the movements being not only timing based but very fast button combinations and strict movement trying to do all the complex technical stuff like this whilst you're not used to the Hitbox will most likely get you frustrated. Given you have played Injustice and MK9 and the string based system is more forgiving and the technical aspects of the game less strict you can focus more towards conditioning your mind to create the mental pathways to each button then when you jump into something like SF you have one less thing to worry about.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Yes lol I've totally girl-ed out my box :$
You can see my stickers of choice are butterflies :D
Still need to custom art mine however the guys at Hitbox want £45 worth of PnP to send me another plexi. Fathers offered to help me out on that part though some day or another given he likes his DIY.

Mind showing a top down picture of it also? love seeing what people come up with.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
What @iloveTSA pretty much hit the nail on the head, when I was practicing with SF because the nature of the movements being not only timing based but very fast button combinations and strict movement trying to do all the complex technical stuff like this whilst you're not used to the Hitbox will most likely get you frustrated. Given you have played Injustice and MK9 and the string based system is more forgiving and the technical aspects of the game less strict you can focus more towards conditioning your mind to create the mental pathways to each button then when you jump into something like SF you have one less thing to worry about.
Alrighty then, no streetfighter for me! Thanks! :)

E

Eldriken

Why don't you return or sell it then since you don't use it? I'm getting a hitbox now because I can use my knowledge of MK9/INJ to use as a reference of my progress with the Hitbox so I'm in good shape for when MKX comes out. When MKX is release I should be using a Hitbox perfectly and so my execution for MKX should be on point.

Basically - I'm using the remaining injustice time to get used to the Hitbox so I can be ready for MKX.
I've had the stick for over 3 years now, I can't return it. I also can't sell the damn thing, either. I've tried several times and have had no luck, even trying to sell it for half of what I paid for it.

Scott The Scot

I've had the stick for over 3 years now, I can't return it. I also can't sell the damn thing, either. I've tried several times and have had no luck, even trying to sell it for half of what I paid for it.
Have you tried advertising in the appropriate forums? Maybe SRK? Ah well, I'm sure if you keep trying someone will take it off your hands.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I love my hitbox. I had the box made for me by a friend and I put the rest of it together for a little over 100 dollars. I call it the Shitbox. It's literally pieces of wood, with cracked and broken plexiglass on top, which is held on by 4 loose screws and scotch tape.

@Goldy I remember when your hitbox was messing up at some tournament either last year or the year before, and I offered to let you use mine and you were like "Ew, no." I have never been as proud as I was that day of my lovely Shitbox.

ExoticAbuse

★Two Hands★
I love my hitbox. I had the box made for me by a friend and I put the rest of it together for a little over 100 dollars. I call it the Shitbox. It's literally pieces of wood, with cracked and broken plexiglass on top, which is held on by 4 loose screws and scotch tape.

@Goldy I remember when your hitbox was messing up at some tournament either last year or the year before, and I offered to let you use mine and you were like "Ew, no." I have never been as proud as I was that day of my lovely Shitbox.
That would be entertaining to see.

Scott The Scot

I was going to do that, but I couldn't find anywhere that sold the PS360+ PCB that I wanted. Then Hitbox had them in stock. I should salvage the pieces from my Hitbox when it arrives to create a Shitbox (v 2.0) :p

axeman87

Noob
Here is some info/help for any Hitbox players who are playing on Next Gen consoles.

I play on Hitbox and with MKX right around the corner it was time get a Hitbox going for Xbox One.

Currently, there are only two options for this. Either Pad hacking (using a PCB from an X1 controller) into my X360 Hitbox or modding a X1 Fight Stick.

I’ve built Fight Sticks from the ground up and modded more than a few, but I decided to take the easy route this time and simply modify a pre-made Fight Stick instead of Pad Hacking which is much more time consuming and overall pretty sloppy.

Right now, there are only two X1 Fight Sticks. The Madcatz TE2 (Killer Instinct) and the Razer Atrox. The main issue with Hitboxing a pre-made Fight Stick is having the room for the additional buttons. A Stick takes up less room than the Up, Down, Left, Right buttons. Overall, the buttons are both wider and taller than a Stick harness.

After looking at several photos of both Sticks I decided that the Razer Axtrox would not have the room for the additional buttons needed for a Hitbox. The TE2 was also pretty tight but I was fairly sure it would fit and (luckily) I was right.

If anyone is interested, I will post a link to the photo album on Photbucket soon that has step by step pics that I took as I was going incase anyone needed help to do the same. If anyone has questions about it just PM me.

UPDATE - Here's a link to all the photos taken during the process. Also, for those that have no idea what they're looking at, the additional buttons are Seitmitsu Screw-in (model number varies depending on colour). The 3x smaller buttons are 24mm, the single larger button (Up Button) is a 30mm.

The JLF Harness (Joystick wire connect thingy) has to be cut and split into 4x Commands (Up, Down, Left, Right) AND you have to split the single Earth Wire into 4; this can be done with a simple 'Daisy Chain'.

There is extended info easily available on the web on how to do this, you just need to do some searching and get yourself educated on the process unless you want to pay someone to do it for you. Good luck.

http://s672.photobucket.com/user/theaxeman87/library/Killer Instinct Hitbox

Last edited:

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
So i recently moved to a new apartment and my beautiful pitbull one day became bored. she went through one of my open boxed that had my hitbox in it and decided to chew the USB end of a RJ45 to USB male to male cord that my hitbox was outfitted with. now i'm not sure those come standard in the hitbox because i actually paid gummo at ECT5 to change my USB at the time because it was acting up. i've been procrastinating on replacing it but WB is less than a month away and i'd rather rub my scrotum on a cheese grater than use a crappy xbox 360 pad in tournament. i have two options in mind. i have a spare USB type B male to male cord seen here.

i could use a hot air gun to remove the glue thats around the usb port and just cut the RJ45 cord that was chewed by my dog and use this cord above while both are still plugged into the PCB. my question is CAN I DO THIS? lol will this work? if i do this will it mess with my PCB? i can get glue to glue that cord above in as well. if i can't do this above does anyone know where i can find the other cord i'm looking for? i'll update with pictures later tonight to give visual representation of what i'm talking about.

@Icy Black Deep
@astronout
@RapZiLLa54
@any from hitbox??

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Did your board not have the standard USB-B slot? Mine came with the USB-B connector, which stopped working, so I ended up getting a RJ45-USB cord that worked. So it sound like we had the exact opposite issues.

It looks like you really did a flawless job on this!

I literally just discovered what a Hitbox (and its setup) is, so I'm interested in doing the same. For sure, please post that album and any additional information/tips if you don't mind for someone like myself that wants to do this.

axeman87

Noob
Bump. Thanks guys.

Have updated with the link of all the photos (there's 37 on total). I have also made some quick and general notes on modding.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
Very good that one dude!! Well done!

I had this one from a few years ago. It's fucked now and I've now retired from fighting games, but this was one back in the day ;)

Hello.

I have a HITBOX arriving today. I was just curious if HITBOX users have a preferred button layout that works better in NRS games. I'm looking for ideas to try out.

Thanks.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
R1: Block
R2: Throw
L1: Stance
L2: Interactable

This allows you to X-Ray by just pushing the upper-right buttons, and you use your ring finger for block, making meter-burning specials and run-canceling easy.