What's new

The Tier List According to CD Mani and Coach Steve

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
How can a character with no mid strings outside of b1d4u4 (which can be consistently low profiled despite its short range for it's slow startup) and unreliable wakeups be s tier those are huge holes in his game plan I'd believe kitana is S tier before Tremor.
Uh his f121 string the 2nd hit reaches so far it practically whiff punishes low profile pokes. He's also got great armor moves in footsies you can't just take whenever he has meter. db1 has sick range. Shockwave has air rocks plus if you sit there and try and low profile all day he just tosses rocks on you and you're in his 50/50.

You don't need an abusable mid to still be able to get in with tools like that.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
We're all there in terms of frustration but the game is so fun and competitive that we as gamers strive forward. Do I need to mention Mahvel? Perfect example of bad designs yet people still love it. Most are asking for valid points in this discussion as to why Kitana is S tier. Hell I main Mournful and I told Mani at AB: Naw bruh she's good just not that good. She's the answer to momentum based characters. She forces you toplay footies andnot just throw out random d4's. Most think of her so highly cause she pointsout your flaws greatly. Jump-happy. Fan. Zone Happy. Fan/Reflect. Block Happy. Grab. Grab Happy. Tech. Salty. Capitalize.
I can see Kitana and Raven has a lot of things in common: zoning/counter zoning, fullscreen frustration, no good overhead..... But Kitana has better wakeups and much safer

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
It's the same because ex up fist is universal, but in Crystalline he has ex low rock.
Then isn't it a guessing game between trying to low profile or blocking his OH punch and punishing? There's probably some characters who can OS it with a fast low profiling poke but I think his wakeups are pretty good universally.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Uh his f121 string the 2nd hit reaches so far it practically whiff punishes low profile pokes. He's also got great armor moves in footsies you can't just take whenever he has meter. db1 has sick range. Shockwave has air rocks plus if you sit there and try and low profile all day he just tosses rocks on you and you're in his 50/50.

You don't need an abusable mid to still be able to get in with tools like that.
I disagree, with no mid the only thing you have to respect him for is a rock. The air groundpound is sort of a thing I suppose, but its nothing thats a real threat just something to cause a bit of annoyance.

I believe Tremor in this game will ultimately have similar issues MK9 Jax had. On paper they both have good normals, but in practice you can kill them for trying to use them.

Last edited:

XxDark_

Noob
please. if you don't like the game and constantly bitch about your character, other characters, pressure, or another aspect of the game; Don't Fucking play it..Simple right. tier list doesn't mean anything. lets talk MU knowledge. that would do more justice.

i think the tier list should go by variations. lol one of the reasons why NRS even put dumb variations in this game was so they could beat certain matchups. So i think this list should be more specific. also.... is it me or is kenshi not even on the list? like damn i know hes not that bad

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lmao, I don't ask for respect on a forum dedicated to Mortal Kombat. The fuck outta here. Dude, I'm just here having fun on the forum. If you want a medal for leaving your country to practice MK, good for you. Personally, that means nothing to me. I mean sure, I respect it, but it doesn't put you on any pedestal so shut the fuck up about it already. Please stop acting like traveling to tournaments makes you immune to being called out for having the emotional intelligence of a 14 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert. The moment I call out your skills at the game, then you can give me lectures about travelling and investing in the game. The moment someone like Ra Helios claims to be the best with a character while sitting in his mother's basement, then you can claim it's an insult to those who travel and actually prove it, because it is.

But if I sit here and read shitty idiotic posts, and respond accordingly, keep your "I travel to tournaments, invest, do X and Y for the game/community" which is pretty much your de facto answer for everything. You take this way too seriously. You're just paying money to play a video game. Get off your high horse.

Seeing you lose your shit over some inconsequential posts will never cease to be hilarious. As long as this continues, I have a reason to be on the forums.
I like how I type one thing, and you read something completely different. What does me leaving the country have to do with you being a dick to strangers on the internet for having an opinion about literally anything (and most of the time, a more valid opinion than yours)? Yeah, I blow up people when they say dumb things related to gameplay too! But hey at least I play the game. Also I like how I'm losing my shit while I can literally picture with tears over your eyes every single time you type "shut the fuck up" and go off on random things that happened like a year ago. It's hilarious.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I like how I type one thing, and you read something completely different. What does me leaving the country have to do with you being a dick to strangers on the internet for having an opinion about literally anything (and most of the time, a more valid opinion than yours)? Yeah, I blow up people when they say dumb things related to gameplay too! But hey at least I play the game. Also I like how I'm losing my shit while I can literally picture with tears over your eyes every single time you type "shut the fuck up" and go off on random things that happened like a year ago. It's hilarious.
What if I told you, both of your opinions suck :DOGE

coolwhip

Noob
Hey now, I can accept being called an asshole because there is merit to that, even if it's slightly ironic coming from you. I will not accept being accused of dramatic crying by someone whose reputation in the community revolves around just that... But hey, "bridge over water," or something...

Death

Noob
Coolwhip is still here? Just ignore him. The ignore feature actually is an incredible feature.