What's new

The Tier List According to CD Mani and Coach Steve

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord

I'm not sure if everybody knows about this, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the site so don't blow me up too much if this has already been discussed.

Recently, Cd Mani (Formerly known as Cd Jr) and Coach Steve discussed the tier list after the lastest patch, and I must say, I have to agree with them. Check out the video and keep the discussion cordial and respectful. Below is the list of characters they discussed. I'm not going to place the other characters as they did not discuss them.

S Tier
Quan Chi
Predator
Tanya
Shinnok
Kitana
Kung Lao
Cassie Cage

A+
Lui Kang
D'vorah
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Erron Black
Sub Zero
Jax
Reptile

A
Kotal Khan
Kano
Tremor

A-
Goro
Scorpion

B+
Ferra Torr
Jacqui

B
Jason

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
I mean, considering even I was once regularly featured on a podcast, I guess I'm in no position to say the following but fuck I'll say it anyway...I couldn't force myself to listen to CD Jr. (sorry, CD "Mani") talk about MKX or the scene. Lasted 10 minutes before peacing out.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I don't think Mani means anything personal by it. I know he's cool with Yomi as far I know. He was really entertaining especially when he laughed about Kitana's placement.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
CDJr, another pompous prick who is salty that he's relevant no more in the NRS community. I understand the opinions, but bashing on the community and its most accomplished players is foolish. Also he makes foolish points almost all the time. I enjoyed Coach Steve, though. Smart guy, but needs another cohost. Also the tier list is very good.
Also...

Tier list be damned. I like seeing podcasts like this for discussion of the game and seeing other players' different ideas. It reminds me of when I first got into MK9 and Silent1 did his with Brady. CDjr and Coach Steve may not be in MKX top 8s, but they still have knowledge from being strong players in other games.

I'll have to keep this cast in mind for the future.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Why has D'vorah dropped out of everyone's top 5? Just because she hasn't been placing as much recently? I think that's essentially just due to Honeybee and Blind Ducky not happening to be at recent majors - not a reflection of the character. The character hasn't received any nerfs, has she? And her current tools were enough for people to think she was top five even when broken characters like pre-pre-patch Raiden existed.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
For those that watch the video, if you notice any other mistakes with the tier list, please let me know as I want to be as accurate as possible.