What's new

The Stick Thread

Tremloc

Noob
Could you explain what you mean by your post? I've seen lenticular printing before and it just looks like a oddly lined image, which you then place under a lenticular panel. I'm not sure if the madcatz image is laminated or not, which is what I think you're saying in your post?

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Posted pics of my stick a while back but added new stuff to it so lol..

My sff4 te arcade stick. Modified with seimetsu transparent 30mm buttons. Artwork is of Bad Girl from No More Heroes (2nd favorite game ever!) Red Seimetsu 35 mm bubble top, and red transparent 24mm buttons for start and select to match stick. Bottom of arcade stick has stencil art, made by me, of the No More Heroes crash star/infinity star. This sick soon to be cross modded

I love those buttons! How can I do that? Possible with these: http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/sanwa-obsc-30-c.htm ?

You mean the mounting plate? I think I just left that in, took apart my new stick and reassembled it onto the stock plate
Thanks!

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Also, is the size of the plexi on top of the regular TE is of the same size as on the TE S?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Bwaaaahahahaha! The prototype is finished! Now its just time to order the MUCH,more expensive black acrylic and do it fo realz!
/happydance!

-b_s- :headbang:

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
looks great beef!
Thx man! The final revision will have a layout change (closer together) and be all black, buttons and all. And made with a cuthulu(sp?) We Made this with a wireless Raven PCB and much trial and error, but that bitch works!

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll try to make it around Christmas time, because I'm too broke (I'm 15, after all) to afford it. Also, it's a damn shame that making a 360 stick from scratch is hard. I was planning on making my bro a brand new stick, since he got me my PDP stick. Looks like I'm going to be spending all my Christmas money on parts and another stick.

Beef: Not gonna lie, I'm jelly. That thing looks so good. I'm thinking that I'm going to make my own Hitbox too. Only thing that worries me is that the buttons are so close together.

Snarfulz: How do you make your buttons glow? I know you said with LEDs, but I can't find any glowing buttons on Lizardlick. Also, would I be able to make a bat-top glow?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Thanks for all the help guys. I'll try to make it around Christmas time, because I'm too broke (I'm 15, after all) to afford it. Also, it's a damn shame that making a 360 stick from scratch is hard. I was planning on making my bro a brand new stick, since he got me my PDP stick. Looks like I'm going to be spending all my Christmas money on parts and another stick.

Beef: Not gonna lie, I'm jelly. That thing looks so good. I'm thinking that I'm going to make my own Hitbox too. Only thing that worries me is that the buttons are so close together.

Snarfulz: How do you make your buttons glow? I know you said with LEDs, but I can't find any glowing buttons on Lizardlick. Also, would I be able to make a bat-top glow?
Thx man! But The close layout is god like, its like typing.. The prototype is a bit too spaced for my liking. So I'm gonna go a little closer to the actual HB layout. I actually have the EXACT layout due to the mad PhotoShop and autocad skillz of my brother, who helped me build it.

Tremloc

Noob
it's a damn shame that making a 360 stick from scratch is hard.
The hard part is soldering up the PCB from an xbox controller, the rest is the same. You buy an xbox controller, rip the PCB out of it, then solder up the wires from your stick to the pcb. Soldering isn't that hard, but it can be intimidating for a first-timer. You'd want to practice soldering a bit before trying it on that 50 dollar xbox pcb you just purchased.

also here are some led buttons

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
The hard part is soldering up the PCB from an xbox controller, the rest is the same. You buy an xbox controller, rip the PCB out of it, then solder up the wires from your stick to the pcb. Soldering isn't that hard, but it can be intimidating for a first-timer. You'd want to practice soldering a bit before trying it on that 50 dollar xbox pcb you just purchased.

also here are some led buttons
Or he could get a Ctulhu PCB for the PS3, and avoid the soldering for a cheaper price.

...if he plays on the PS3*

Snarfulz

Noob
Could you explain what you mean by your post? I've seen lenticular printing before and it just looks like a oddly lined image, which you then place under a lenticular panel. I'm not sure if the madcatz image is laminated or not, which is what I think you're saying in your post?
There is a new free plug in for photoshop cs4, that does the effect for you. Look it up and it pretty much will take your layered image and do the magic for you. But you have to have it layered with the main focus in the middle layer. Thats the easy part , the hard part is finding a print shop that does this, and is affordable. They like to charge a arm and a leg for it.

Tremloc

Noob
snarfulz: thanks for the info about the filter in photoshop.

now moving on, I still don't understand a few things from your post.

Have a sign shop reverse print it on clear
Clear what? Also, what does reverse printing do and why is it necessary for me?

then put white vinyl on back or spray paint white.
So you just vinyl the back and leave the front alone? Is this so it can press up to the lenticular panel?

I apologize for being so ignorant.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I got a few questions ob sticks actually.

1) guys know the ssf4 chun li stick. How it has a transparent blue arcade stick. DO hey have cases like tht for sale but in red?

2) what type of paint can hold and stay on an arcade stick case?

3) do they have ps3 to ps2 converters? usb>ps2 input

4) whats better in ur guys opinion. Transparent seimetsu push buttons or transparent sanwa push butons? Reason I ask is b/c i wanna play on ps2 but i dnt wanna carry to sticks and I wanna play guilty gear again and idk if seimetsu buttons are good for guilty gear due it being not as sensitive as sanwa.

Snarfulz

Noob
snarfulz: thanks for the info about the filter in photoshop.

now moving on, I still don't understand a few things from your post.

Clear what? Also, what does reverse printing do and why is it necessary for me?

So you just vinyl the back and leave the front alone? Is this so it can press up to the lenticular panel?

I apologize for being so ignorant.
you can have them print on clear vinyl, so the image can be laminated to the back of the lenticular panel, so it wont move around on you and mess the viewing image up like a piece of paper would do, eventually moving around and getting off the perfect placement for the panel to work right. The painting or white vinyl is just to make the background solid, because the print on clear is transparent

I got a few questions ob sticks actually.

1) guys know the ssf4 chun li stick. How it has a transparent blue arcade stick. DO hey have cases like tht for sale but in red?

2) what type of paint can hold and stay on an arcade stick case?

3) do they have ps3 to ps2 converters? usb>ps2 input

4) whats better in ur guys opinion. Transparent seimetsu push buttons or transparent sanwa push butons? Reason I ask is b/c i wanna play on ps2 but i dnt wanna carry to sticks and I wanna play guilty gear again and idk if seimetsu buttons are good for guilty gear due it being not as sensitive as sanwa.
1. Don't think so, but I could be wrong.
2. What kind of case are you talking about?
3. Unless someone knows different there isn't a converter that goes backwards. However, you can easily pick up a mc Ctulhu which supports ps3,ps2 and a shit ton of other systems. The software is also update-able so as more support is released for it you'll be able to play even more consoles. All you have to do after that is either make your own cables or purchase them (which are pretty cheap). So now you'll have a stick that can play on different consoles and all you have to do is switch out the cable you plug into the system.
4. The buttons don't really matter, its your preference. If you already have the seimetsu buttons and play well I don't see a point of going to sanwa buttons or vice versa. If you haven't played on either then I would give them both a try as you obviously already know the difference between them, which isn't life changing or anything.

My reptile stick, PC/PS3/360, Seimitsu stick, light up buttons custom made (by Paradise Arcade Shop), custom paint by Snarfulz. Any artwork can be put under the glass, just used black for pic.

Snarfulz

Noob
Here is my newest stick, and the first stick of my new company "Whaaat!" . Curly maple and cherry box. sanwa stick. semitsu buttons. wireless ps3. Going up for sale soon!!!