What's new

The Stick Thread

does anybody know of any custom stick makers who will build me a custom stick with a MK button layou

I already have a TE stick which is great for tekken but i hate the button layout for mk I would want a solid wood box a sanway or seimetsu stick honestly not sure which is best for mk. Sanwa has great control but the distance the stick has to move before it activates a direction is a little large. So yea if you guys can direst me to some good custom stick builders it would be appreciated.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Almost every post on this thread is from mods and admins so I'm gonna break the pattern. BTW guys I am a pad player and I am trying to learn how to play stick. I am using my friends qanba q4 and it is absolutely amazing but I can't get my BNB's to work. I've been practicing for like 5 days and I got down all the hardest corner combos with every character in the game (except those 70% check combos) but I can't do anything midscreen because I have a hard time dashing. When my character is on the left I can dash almost consistently so I can land some bnbs but I can't iafb with anyone. When I am on the right I can iafb with everybody but I can't dash at all. I can never do the cage f4 >> 2 >> 2>> 2 44 np that I could constantly do on pad because of the dashing. Any tips?

aj1701

Noob
Almost every post on this thread is from mods and admins so I'm gonna break the pattern. BTW guys I am a pad player and I am trying to learn how to play stick. I am using my friends qanba q4 and it is absolutely amazing but I can't get my BNB's to work. I've been practicing for like 5 days and I got down all the hardest corner combos with every character in the game (except those 70% check combos) but I can't do anything midscreen because I have a hard time dashing. When my character is on the left I can dash almost consistently so I can land some bnbs but I can't iafb with anyone. When I am on the right I can iafb with everybody but I can't dash at all. I can never do the cage f4 >> 2 >> 2>> 2 44 np that I could constantly do on pad because of the dashing. Any tips?
It can take up to a month to get used to a stick. It took me three weeks to know it, and I'm still perfecting it. Its worth it though, I feel I'm better overall and its hella fun. Do not ever use a pad while youre learning a stick it first makes it harder. I mean never! I made a thread called my transition from pad to stick in this forum, check it out it might be useful.

TimTim

Don't Hate
Wow lol I've been practicing stick for like an hour or 2 then playing on pad. After 5 days my cage is nearly as good, I really feel better on the stick but god is it tuff.

aj1701

Noob
Wow lol I've been practicing stick for like an hour or 2 then playing on pad. After 5 days my cage is nearly as good, I really feel better on the stick but god is it tuff.
You'll get better faster if you just put down the pad. Everyone's different, some people (I'm told) pick it up really quickly, others like me take a bit longer. :)

It can take up to a month to get used to a stick. It took me three weeks to know it, and I'm still perfecting it. Its worth it though, I feel I'm better overall and its hella fun. Do not ever use a pad while youre learning a stick it first makes it harder. I mean never! I made a thread called my transition from pad to stick in this forum, check it out it might be useful.
You're incredibly good with a stick last time I played you. My stick should ship tomorrow so the adventure begins =]

aj1701

Noob
You're incredibly good with a stick last time I played you. My stick should ship tomorrow so the adventure begins =]
Lol, thank you sir. I still make a fair number of execution errors though, mostly directional related now, but less than the pad (I tended to fat finger the dpad and attack buttons). But that will lessen with practice (and patience). So what did you finally end up ordering?

the Qanba q4, although I had some credit card problems, my bank prohibited me from buy from play-asia because it is known as a scamming website of some sort, but I didn't really care since I have seen that many people buy from there.

aj1701

Noob
the Qanba q4, although I had some credit card problems, my bank prohibited me from buy from play-asia because it is known as a scamming website of some sort, but I didn't really care since I have seen that many people buy from there.
I had a credit card that stopped a charge just because the company was foreign. Looks like a nice stick, I'm sure you'll have fun with out!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Need your opinion guys.

I designed this beauty this morning. What do yas think?

*Note I did not draw any of the images in this design. I merely took the images and created the background.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
It says "This Will be Easy"

I cannot see how it says "Could". It may be due to the fact that I wrote it, but still lol.

I already have a TE stick which is great for tekken but i hate the button layout for mk I would want a solid wood box a sanway or seimetsu stick honestly not sure which is best for mk. Sanwa has great control but the distance the stick has to move before it activates a direction is a little large. So yea if you guys can direst me to some good custom stick builders it would be appreciated.
Snarfulz and I build custom sticks, if you want a top notch stick. If you are worried about the distance on the sticks you can use a bigger ball top like I do. It makes a ton of difference. If you look at the picture of my reptile stick on page 19 (I think) of this thread you'll see what I mean.

Snarfulz

Noob
Snarfulz and I build custom sticks, if you want a top notch stick. If you are worried about the distance on the sticks you can use a bigger ball top like I do. It makes a ton of difference. If you look at the picture of my reptile stick on page 19 (I think) of this thread you'll see what I mean.
Yo, I also can get sticks with shorter throw, Hit me up. "Whaaat" hook ya up. If you got a theme or want a sick one of a kind. I got a pirate, woody, and aluminum coming soon. If you want anything hit me up. Any game style.

Yo, I also can get sticks with shorter throw, Hit me up. "Whaaat" hook ya up. If you got a theme or want a sick one of a kind. I got a pirate, woody, and aluminum coming soon. If you want anything hit me up. Any game style.
Diamondplate also... If you have any art work you like we can build a stick around it or create that too

Looks nice man. You should consider going with clear buttons so you can put the art in them and it wont cut out so much of Jade on the right side.

PM sent