What's new

The Stick Thread

Snarfulz

Noob
Well today is good, leveling up last, and just got a mk2 arcade shell, ready for customizing, "Whaaat!" on top of things....

Snarfulz

Noob
My Ware Wolf stick is now on ebay, price drop!!! Starting bid is $315, free shipping. Look up under Whaaat, fight stick, Mortal Kombat. And it comes with a cable so you can play wired or wireless.

Pictures of the new pirate case coming soon....

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Thought id share the stick art I've been working on for my local sparring partners.
I made the stupid mistake of sharing it on SRK before here thinking that maybe, just maybe...
someone would give me some feedback on something not sf/mvc

Feedback/Criticisms welcome

Have a Shang and a Kit coming up soon

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Thought id share the stick art I've been working on for my local sparring partners.
I made the stupid mistake of sharing it on SRK before here thinking that maybe, just maybe...

Feedback/Criticisms welcome

Have a Shang and a Kit coming up soon
REALLY dig the art man!
love the faded mk logo in the backround

just to say, unless ya using a clear dust washer it will cover barakas hand/armpit
imo the sliver bars and faded baraka make it look a bit "busy" ,not that it doesnt look good, i just think less is more sometimes

great work and thanks for sharing :cheers:

BookBurning

Voidwards
Since MK9 is my first fighting game I've tried to be good at, I've used the same stick over and over and now it feels a bit loose, the stick that is. It's a sanwa JLF. Is this normal?

aj1701

Noob
Looks really good man. That's some detailed artwork. Can't wait to see your next ones!

Since MK9 is my first fighting game I've tried to be good at, I've used the same stick over and over and now it feels a bit loose, the stick that is. It's a sanwa JLF. Is this normal?
Mine has too, but I think its normal. It's broken in now. Mine still seems to work fine its not like it bounces all of the place or anything. But this is my first stick too, so I'd like to hear someone more experienced chime in. :)

BookBurning

Voidwards
Looks really good man. That's some detailed artwork. Can't wait to see your next ones!

Mine has too, but I think its normal. It's broken in now. Mine still seems to work fine its not like it bounces all of the place or anything. But this is my first stick too, so I'd like to hear someone more experienced chime in. :)
Yeah it works great still man, it just feels looser like the spring has been broken in like you said; I'm starting to get used to it now but I feel a bit better knowing that it's not only me haha.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Yeah it works great still man, it just feels looser like the spring has been broken in like you said; I'm starting to get used to it now but I feel a bit better knowing that it's not only me haha.
It happens. If it gets to the point of being uncomfortable you can always get a spring from lizard lick and intertwine it with the old spring for more tension. Its easy to do and there are a few youtube vids out there that show how if youve never done any modding before

eks

Noob
I have a box that I've built out of some old scrap wood. It's 3/4" thick and I wanted to know if this would be right for the stick. I've got all of the holes drilled and the stick isn't mounted, but the stick feels kinda short.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I have a box that I've built out of some old scrap wood. It's 3/4" thick and I wanted to know if this would be right for the stick. I've got all of the holes drilled and the stick isn't mounted, but the stick feels kinda short.
Try this page on the Slagcoin website, as it all depends on the joystick itself...
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/mounting_layering.html

BTW, this website is THE BEST source of info on joysticks, so everyone interested in them should check this out!!