What's new

The Stick Thread

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Can the stick users here let me know which finger (and which button) you use for block in MKX? I just ordered a mad catz TE2 which is on its way in the mail. Some people have said they use their middle finger/ring finger, and others have said they use LK (the button on the lower left) for block. What works for you guys? I would think that using your ring finger, which is the default R2 button on most stick layouts it seems, would get really uncomfortable after awhile, but would like to hear what your experience has been.
2::BLK::4:::::INT
1:::3:::THR::STANCE

This is my set-up, I use my middle finger for practically everything block related, my ring finger presses 4, my index and middle dance around the 1-2-3-BLK buttons. I really really swear by it.

Last edited:

shura30

Shura
wow, pinky to block? I would think that would get that finger sore AF after awhile, no? i mean given that you have to use block button also to ex everything, it is such a heavily used button
Well, no, it never gets sore, I use the pinky for typing with a keyboard too, I'm quite fast and used to use it.
I've also played kabal in mk9 with pinky mashing that block button to cancel the dash, sore not even once

I was thinking the other day to switch to include the thumb, something like:

1 2 3 4
bl th int sta

kicks and punches to index to pinky and thumb for block
but after all these years it would prove more difficult than effective but if someone is starting to use a stick now I'd suggest starting to something like this.
Once the muscle memory is trained, I believe this would be the most effective finger placement

spliti

Noob
1::BLK::4:::::INT
2:::3:::THR::STANCE

This is my set-up, I use my middle finger for practically everything block related, my ring finger presses 4, my index and middle dance around the 1-2-3-BLK buttons. I really really swear by it.
Wow that is bad. Don't know how you do it.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I got some
MKX/MK9
1 2 Block Interactable
3 4 Throw Stance Switch

BlazBlue:
A B C D
AB, BC, ABC, ABCD

KI & SF:
LP, MP, HP, 3P
LK, MK, HK, 3K

I GOT HANDS

your name comes full circle now... i understand and applaud cause holy shit this seems magical...
hahaha. In a good or a bad way?!

BTW i mistyped, swap the 1 with the 2. so my scheme is

2-BLK-4-INT
1-3-Throw-Stance

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
hahaha. In a good or a bad way?!

BTW i mistyped, swap the 1 with the 2. so my scheme is

2-BLK-4-INT
1-3-Throw-Stance
in a good but holy crapnthat still insane way.
but I mean I guess hey if it wins you matches right , lol .

how did you come about setting it up that way ? it actually reminds me off the neo geo fight game set ups.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
also so question - anybody in here know about stick lag ?

I just dual modded my stick with a hfc4 and a pad hacked xb1 pcb. it really seems like the xb1 is dropping commands or button inputs. like is there a way for me to check this

when this stick wasn't dual modded before it was a regular hori rap Kai stick and I never had these problems . now I'm really curious as if I need to just put the hrap back to factory.

I GOT HANDS

in a good but holy crapnthat still insane way.
but I mean I guess hey if it wins you matches right , lol .

how did you come about setting it up that way ? it actually reminds me off the neo geo fight game set ups.
To be honest I'm used to using my pinky as a key button presser in gaming from playing the equally (or more so) fast paced Starcraft and also having a crazy set-up there which used my entire hand (it was awkward at first but in the long run made everything so much more responsive and less straining and comfortable), so playing fighters and switching across to a stick, so with that in mind I wanted a similarly comfortable and efficient set-up for MK and although it looks awkward (and was awkward to learn at first) it has REALLY payed off in the long run I have so much more control with this set-up and its so much more natural

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Anybody know a way to use a MCZ TE2 on Win10?
It used to work with mkx, it doesn't since mkxl came out on pc. likewtf.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Hello,

In the future I plan to buy a hitbox (this one with only buttons). Can you guys suggest me the best of them?

Thanks

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Easy and cheap mod to tighten the throw/return on your Sanwa (prob works on about any) joystick, whether it's aging or you just want a more responsive feel.

Go to Home Depo, I'm sure Lowe's has the same thing. And find the aisle with all the door springs in it, for screen doors and gates and that kind of thing. If your Home Depo is laid out like mine this aisle will be next to thr hardware aisle that had the nuts and bolts in it. There will be a display with smaller springs towards the front and at the bottom of that display will a small box that just says like Assorted Springs. Buy it..Inside are a ton of springs and most are useless for you but there should be two or three very thin wired, easy to compress springs that are slightly wider than the rest. Set TWO of these aside.

Now take your stick apart and get your spring out. There are a bunch of tutorials for.this on YouTube. It's painfully simple.

Once you have your joystick spring in hand it.shoukd be obvious which springs of the assortment are the ones you want as they are the only.ones that even closely resemble your stock spring.

Take the TWO new springs and slide them together. They should just slide right together and look like a single spring. Now just install them in PLACE of your.stock spring, setting that spring aside somewhere safe. Reassemble.

Poof. Done.

You can adjust the stiffness by only using one of the two new springs or one mixed with your stock, or all three together, etc, lots of.options to really tailor.or crisp you want thtle throw and it costs about 4$.. you can order a spring from Sanwa but why wait and go through the trouble?

I noticed a crisper feel and easier charge inputs right away, way fewer accidental jumps or over-throws.. all in all, couldn't be happier and counting the drive to Home Depot and the wandering around looking for these things, it took me an hour and cost less than 5$.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I was just never able to adjust to a stick for MKX for some reason. I dont know why.. I play SF on a stick and TRIED to swap to pad for that game, just to kind of centralize my controller useage and failed miserably.

The control scheme you have listed is what I settled on what i was trying to play MKX on a stick.