What's new

The Stick Thread

Almost every post on this thread is from mods and admins so I'm gonna break the pattern. BTW guys I am a pad player and I am trying to learn how to play stick. I am using my friends qanba q4 and it is absolutely amazing but I can't get my BNB's to work. I've been practicing for like 5 days and I got down all the hardest corner combos with every character in the game (except those 70% check combos) but I can't do anything midscreen because I have a hard time dashing. When my character is on the left I can dash almost consistently so I can land some bnbs but I can't iafb with anyone. When I am on the right I can iafb with everybody but I can't dash at all. I can never do the cage f4 >> 2 >> 2>> 2 44 np that I could constantly do on pad because of the dashing. Any tips?
Try a hitbox...

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Little Samsung action, better late than never.
Wish the background shang would have turned out cleaner and his gamertag better but can't win em all

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Finally got it done. Remapped the buttons while I was at it to a SF layout (was a blazblue te stick so the buttons were moved around)

I love it so much...

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yea the bezel was something I completely forgot about until I started putting everything together. I may look into getting a green one. The ball top I was going to go solid green, but I decided to see what the white looked like. I like the white, but I may end up switching it out to go more swag.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
How do you guys get constant EX specials with a stick? I can do it with a pad, but it seems a bit random with my diy hitbox. Could it be the wiring?

aj1701

Noob
How do you guys get constant EX specials with a stick? I can do it with a pad, but it seems a bit random with my diy hitbox. Could it be the wiring?
I've found MK really likes you to do things in order. Don't hit block and the attack button at the same time. Hit block, then hit the attack button. So Kitana's exfan would be down, then forward, then block, then 1... nothing hit at the same time, slight pause between each one.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
After months of works on my free time my project is finished and I thought I would share the results with the Skarlet fans.

Its a 10"x18" hitbox, the same size as the PDP stick. It is different then the pdp stick in that its about two inches less tall. I found the PDP stick to be awkwardly tall and the pillow underneath to be weird and uncomfortable.

I cannibalized some parts from the pdp stick like the awesome latch, hinges, and of course the pcb...

...but of course I had to go all Sanwa buttons. I went with a more conventional button layout so I can play other games if I feel like it. I also felt like the PDP buttons were too far apart so this works much better for me.

I used the Skarlet desktop as a starting point for the artwork, then made the rest on my own in Photoshop,

Including the original Dagger XX logo that I made.

This was the original PDP experiment that I had done to see if I even wanted to play a hitbox.

And these I just made to help me break bad habits in case anyone was curious:

Well, I've been chipping away at this project since the game came out. I hope you enjoy :)

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
...And one more thing. A massive photo wall showing the project from inspiration to completion. It has everything from the truck tour (anyone remember the truck tour?), to getting my umk3 machine from my parents garage, to taking apart and fiddling with every stick I could find.

I've found MK really likes you to do things in order. Don't hit block and the attack button at the same time. Hit block, then hit the attack button. So Kitana's exfan would be down, then forward, then block, then 1... nothing hit at the same time, slight pause between each one.
I do down, forward, dash+block.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Have a KungLao template this time.
I wanted to do more with it, like a silver dragon on the leather dividers to be more like Lao's outfit, but didn't have much luck recreating what I envisioned.
However, the owner likes the template as is, and that's what matters

Tim Static

Adminerator
Have a KungLao template this time.
I wanted to do more with it, like a silver dragon on the leather dividers to be more like Lao's outfit, but didn't have much luck recreating what I envisioned.
However, the owner likes the template as is, and that's what matters

Thats absolutely beautiful!

PS- incoming PM :)

nwo

Noob
I finally just about finished my UMK3 stick. I tried to copy the arcade machine the best I could. Making it mobile and single player.

IL eurostick, with black IL dust washer, IL concave buttons, cherry switches, plexiglass on top. I put one button on each side for coin and reset. Nylon locking nuts for the joystick bolts. Textured rubber underneath for grip. The entire inside and front are covered in Happ "Black Pica Vinyl."

I custom Photoshopped the CPO to single player, and even did some minor Photoshopping on the side art. It's not finished, I still need to wire it up and install the hardware for the lock (yeah it will function).

Creepy00

Noob
^ Nice
Maybe you guys can help me, i m planning to get arcade stick( First ever) in order to level up my execution in game and be more consitant. But i m having trouble in deciding which arcade stick i should get, no budge limit but would prefer to be under $200. And if helps, i will be playing games like skullgirls (interested), kof (probably) and stxt (Vatr favorite) So, what arcade stick would you guys recommend to a beginner with sticks? or will be best suit for the games i mention? Also where should i get them? And if i need to some modding or changes? Thanks in advance.

aj1701

Noob
^ Nice
Maybe you guys can help me, i m planning to get arcade stick( First ever) in order to level up my execution in game and be more consitant. But i m having trouble in deciding which arcade stick i should get, no budge limit but would prefer to be under $200. And if helps, i will be playing games like skullgirls (interested), kof (probably) and stxt (Vatr favorite) So, what arcade stick would you guys recommend to a beginner with sticks? or will be best suit for the games i mention? Also where should i get them? And if i need to some modding or changes? Thanks in advance.
http://www.aiabstore.com/ Well worth the money.