What's new

The Skype Illuminati Presents: Bracket for 2014 NRS Cup

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
The best bet for making sure SonicFox doesn't win is making him fight Honeybee in round 1 and then Jupiter in round 2 if he gets through that. Jupiter gets a free pass to round 2 by having to face PerfectLegend :DOGE

IceNinja

Assassin
I'm sorry but i think this is a terrible idea. Don't copy the Capcom community, forge your own path. What if all the other fighting game developers did this too, it would just be stupid.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but w/e it's how i feel. I personally think it would end up being an embarrassment. It wouldn't get many views and the games don't function that well.

Last edited:

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I'm sorry but i think this is a terrible idea. Don't copy the Capcom community, forge your own path. What if all the other fighting game developers did this too, it would just be stupid.

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this but w/e it's how i feel. I personally think it would end up being an embarrassment. It wouldn't get many views and the games don't function that well.
Your entire argument is that it would be stupid because Capcom did it.

Why would that be stupid? Please give a real argument.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
There's no reason this can't actually happen. Why not do this as the side tournament at EVO like you guys did for MK9 this year?
All of these players will probably be at EVO, could talk NRS into providing some sort of cool prize.
Also, if Injustice isn't being held as an event at Evo this seems like a great way to reward those that did well in it's competitive life.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
The All Seeing Eye of the NRS Community were discussing a potential NRS Cup and what the bracket would look like. The qualifiers were inspired by the Capcom Cup system. We used 2014 results with 10 automatic qualifiers. They were KIT, Winter Brawl, Socal Regionals, Final Round, UFGT, MLG, CEO, Evolution, TFC, NEC. We tried to include the biggest majors with all regions represented. If someone won who had already qualified the highest placer after gets the spot.

KIT: Forever King
WB: KDZ
SCR: Theo
Final Round: Sonic Fox
UFGT: White
MLG: 16 Bit
CEO: Deg
EVO: Pig
TFC: Jupiter
NEC: Gross

The final 6 spots are points based. We used a complex algorithm based on top placings and Pig's online score reporting.

DJT
PPJ
Noobe
Carl
Honeybee
Saltface

Then we used SRK rankings to seed these 16 players. Here is the complete bracket.

http://challonge.com/nrscupinjustice

Wouldn't this be hype? Please discuss this bracket and give us your predictions about how the matches would go down and who would come out on top.
This is the most GODLIKE idea ever & I would gladly be a part of it if it ever goes down.

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Lol sonicfox vs. Deg first round. Hopefully not another batgirl Aquaman matchup... stay with the magical hat man.