What's new

General/Other - Leatherface The Saw Is Family - The Leatherface PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Yeah I liked it as a film. Great horror movie. The only character I didn't like was wheelchair kid. He was so dumb lol. Felt for Sally real bad. She was scarred for life lol.
Oh yeah, she was put through so much. I think the dinner table thing would scare just about anybody lol you would probably feel like your dreaming at first or something.

If you liked the first one you should check out 2 and 3. They are both way different than the original but are ok as their own films. I actually really like 2, it's got some comedy elements to it (Black comedy) but for some reason really likable for me, it has some really good 80's cheese lol

Leatherface is a great addition to the game imo, really suits the brutal world of MK and is a great homage to Ed's friend.

Although I do wish that they had brought back freddy, just for the freddy v Jason matchups :)

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Guys, the chainsaw footsies... I need that in my life.

He should have a pressure variation with serious chip damage, even if you have to e.g. dd1 to rev the chainsaw first for a buff, like Flamefist.

Also,

I hope The Chainsaw Dance is his armored launcher.
This dude fucking called it. He totally does the chainsaw dance, or something very similar to it as a launcher in the trailer.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
This type of brutal goofball shit is what I love about MK.

Best believe once this fat fucker drops i'ma be all over him like human skin on a murderously deranged inbred hillbilly's face

I really want to see that X-Ray in full, that's some whacky shenanigans going on right there.
I can't lie. I've been getting progressively more and more hyped for Leatherface. I'll never fully abandon Jason, but if NRS doesn't deliver some serious buffs, I'm going to have a really hard time not cheating.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I mean, you can always try using other characters AND Jason.

It's quite common to have a main and subs.
Oh, I will. But, I'm conflicted, because, coming into this game, I made myself pledge that I would commit all of my time and energy into one character and one character only. The main reason being that I am a graduate student with limited time on my hands and I thought the best way to optimize my performance would be to pour all of my time, energy, heart, and soul into one character. I have always had issues with playing too many characters in fighting games. In MK 9, I played Raiden, Cage, Sub, and Scorpion. In Injustice, I played Bane, Joker, and KF. (Better) And, in MKX, I play Jason and Kotal (but, have essentially dropped Kotal since Jason came out). And Jason is so much fun. He really is. But, he's just bad. And Unstoppable, by far my favorite variation in the entire game, is shockingly bad.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
So, we know he will have a chainsaw-based variation. Duh.

It also looks like he'll have a variation based on his hammer. Faster, shorter ranges attacks, maybe.

But what if he had a grappler variation? Something along the lines of him using grapple attacks to bite and rip off flesh from his opponents, potentially giving him health or buffs?

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain

It also looks like he'll have a variation based on his hammer. Faster, shorter ranges attacks, maybe.

But what if he had a grappler variation? Something along the lines of him using grapple attacks to bite and rip off flesh from his opponents, potentially giving him health or buffs?
I'm really hoping he has a grappler variation.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Oh, I will. But, I'm conflicted, because, coming into this game, I made myself pledge that I would commit all of my time and energy into one character and one character only. The main reason being that I am a graduate student with limited time on my hands and I thought the best way to optimize my performance would be to pour all of my time, energy, heart, and soul into one character. I have always had issues with playing too many characters in fighting games. In MK 9, I played Raiden, Cage, Sub, and Scorpion. In Injustice, I played Bane, Joker, and KF. (Better) And, in MKX, I play Jason and Kotal (but, have essentially dropped Kotal since Jason came out). And Jason is so much fun. He really is. But, he's just bad. And Unstoppable, by far my favorite variation in the entire game, is shockingly bad.
See where you're coming from as a person who always has a stable of mains in Most fighting games (in MKX I have Jacqui, Goro, Kotal, D'Vorab, Tremor, Kenshi, and undoubtedly KP2 except for Bo, though I know a lot of other characters too including Jason)....

But I think Jason is simple enough for you to have a second main without it being too mentally taxing. He an inch wide and a mile deep in a way in which you won't ever really forget his tech and bnbs unlike most characters.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
\

But I think Jason is simple enough for you to have a second main without it being too mentally taxing. He an inch wide and a mile deep in a way in which you won't ever really forget his tech and bnbs unlike most characters.
Good point. I think I am almost definitely going to end up co-maining either Leatherface or Alien.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual

I'm not even sure about a chainsaw focused variation. Looks to me like all 3 variations use the chainsaw, but you are probably right, one likely enhances it somehow.

It's almost certain he has just one variation with the hammer because it only appears on his hip in one variation--the one with the darker mask, but if you watch carefully near the end when they show a bunch of clips very quicly, you see a clip of him doing a FAR advancing move--presumably a special--with that hammer, like an overhead motion. Looks like rather than just close range bruising, he can close a big gap with the hammer.

Guys, what are we going to name the hammer? Smashstink? Noggin Licker? Jimmy?

I've also been hoping for a grappler variation since the reveal. Grapplers are underrepresented and he's a perfect candidate for a command grab or two. If it's Christmas, he'll even get a true tick throw ender like Jason--connects on either block or hit.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
So i watched both kombat pack and Mortal Kombat XL trailiers, and it looks like each variation of leather face offers a different costume, all from the different texas chainsaw movies.
How i noticed this? Well after watching the trailer many times i noticed something.
All the masks and outfits look different. At first when i saw leatherface with the red outfit im like wow looks like the alternate skin is like chainsaw 3d with the red sweater, but then i looked at the mask and it looked basically just like it and looked different from the 1st leather face intro, but then when i saw the Xl trailer leatherface was again wearing a different costume during a little snippet of his fatality wearing the pretty woman mask and outfit. So it looks like either each variation is a different outfit.

You probably noticed something like this in the trailer , the pretty woman outfit

This is the red outfit you most likely noticed from texas chainsaw 3d

This is the original mask you saw in the intro.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I want him to have a zoning variation where he throws sparks at people like the ones in that image.

Make it happen, NRS.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I didn't even really pay attention to that attack but now that you mention it...

It looks like it might be a stun(that reel back reminds me of how character react when stunned by Jacqui's db2) and that's actually super fucking good to have.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
New trailers getting me even more hype for Leather. That pretty woman mask tho. What really shocked me is that it looks like all 3 variations will be chainsaw based, I was thinking he would only have one (much like Jason). But I am fine with all 3 being chainsaw variations. It looks like one will utilize the hammer a lot.

macro

Eezeepeezee
All I need to say is, I want my horror fighting game by NRS for their next game. Btw I'm maining Ghost Face!

Status
Not open for further replies.