What's new

The Real MK9 Top 10 Characters

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Tommy and I debated and came to an agreement on a list. We're both well known for rational, realistic, non-biased MU and tier discussion devoid of any downplaying so consider this fairly definitive.

1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Cyrax
4. Sonya
5. Cage
6. Freddy
7. Kung Lao
8. Reptile
9. Shang Tsung
10. Jax

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Tommy and I debated and came to an agreement on a list. We're both well known for rational, realistic, non-biased MU and tier discussion devoid of any downplaying so consider this fairly definitive.

1. Kabal
2. Kenshi
3. Cyrax
4. Sonya
5. Cage
6. Freddy
7. Kung Lao
8. Reptile
9. Shang Tsung
10. Jax

Wafflez and Bit made this list.

No smoke or kitana.

Lol :REO

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Denzell yes Raiden's teleport is unsafe but imagine it being safe that would be dumb. If you are a Raiden player and you are getting punished for teleports then you are doing it wrong. You are meant to use it on reaction to things and that will then make the player hesitant to get any offense going and it allows Raiden himself to get his own offense started.

Also Raiden is better than Sektor. Sektor's pretty much my co-main. He's good but he has some holes and he loses to Kabal, Kenshi, Sonya, Freddy, Smoke and Cage in the top 10 while not really dominating many MU's except low tiers like Noob and Sheeva.

Cobra to not have Freddy in the top 10 is asinine. Best full screen zoner in the game with full screen frame traps and excellent recovery on his projectiles. He has a strong oki game especially in the corner because of sweet dreams set-ups which grant +20 frame advantage on block or so. Not to mention his 50/50 is SAFE with meter and he can effectively vortex you to death because EX ground spikes keep you standing. Nightmare stance has so many uses. Good for projectile evasion, good for whiff punishing in the neutral game and also has nice mix-ups coming out of it.

The only weaknesses this character has are fairly poor pokes especially in terms of speed, and his high hit-box. That's it.
nah raoden sucks. Sektor is better imo. Teleport is ass. Raiden is not tournament material anymore. Hopefully he doesnt het nerfed to the blttom in mk10

zaf

professor
Ii forgot about shang he is 13. Mac is 16. Mac is way better than scorp imo. More tourny viable
i feel like he could be top 10-15 with better representation. but being in the middle of the cast makes sense too.
he has a lot of 5-5s, some 6-4s in his favor and his bad mus are no worse then 4-6. So i think he can win all his mus. they just have to be played perfectly.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
i feel like he could be top 10-15 with better representation. but being in the middle of the cast makes sense too.
he has a lot of 5-5s, some 6-4s in his favor and his bad mus are no worse then 4-6. So i think he can win all his mus. they just have to be played perfectly.
Yeah ermac is a very "SOLID" mid tier character that can compete with all top 10.

zaf

professor
Yeah ermac is a very "SOLID" mid tier character that can compete with all top 10.
use ermac at your next local/regional lol
with your level of patience, i want to see you use him haha
i thought i had patience but you are on another level of that shit.
and i thought i was in love with timing people out >_>

NKZero

Noob
nah raoden sucks. Sektor is better imo. Teleport is ass. Raiden is not tournament material anymore. Hopefully he doesnt het nerfed to the blttom in mk10
:eek: I guess we can agree to disagree lol.

What is your opinion on Sektor anyways? Also please co-main him since you play one robot you might as well play the other haha.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
use ermac at your next local/regional lol
with your level of patience, i want to see you use him haha
i thought i had patience but you are on another level of that shit.
and i thought i was in love with timing people out >_>
Yeah if they ever have another mk9 tourny Ill use him my mac isnt that bad.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
:eek: I guess we can agree to disagree lol.

What is your opinion on Sektor anyways? Also please co-main him since you play one robot you might as well play the other haha.
Ive tried raiden he's just too unsafe amd is not going to cut it. He is like 20 now smh. Just my opinion. Sektor is another solid around 10-15 char. That stance is really good. He is solid in the footsie game. Solid damage. Very tourny viable. Thats funny because I use to maon sektor b4 I played sub or rax so my sektor is pretty "solid" aha. Actually I like all the lin kuei pretty good with rax sub sektor and smoke

NKZero

Noob
Ive tried raiden he's just too unsafe amd is not going to cut it. He is like 20 now smh. Just my opinion. Sektor is another solid around 10-15 char. That stance is really good. He is solid in the footsie game. Solid damage. Very tourny viable. Thats funny because I use to maon sektor b4 I played sub or rax so my sektor is pretty "solid" aha. Actually I like all the lin kuei pretty good with rax sub sektor and smoke
Lin Kuei 4 lyfe!!!

Yeah I agree he's very solid. I think he could do with an improvement or two but he's very tourney viable for sure.

Some of the best footsie tools offensively and defensively, great damage overall, can convert off a normal jump kick (doesn't need to be deep so he is hard to AA sometimes), great oki game with up missiles, u+3 stance gives him a legit 50/50 which can be made safe with EX teleport (since you can't hit confirm the overhead), good anti-air and air-to-air game, fast punisher (6f jab), strong anti-zoning with instant air teleport and on top of that sexiest voice in the universe :).

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Lin Kuei 4 lyfe!!!

Yeah I agree he's very solid. I think he could do with an improvement or two but he's very tourney viable for sure.

Some of the best footsie tools offensively and defensively, great damage overall, can convert off a normal jump kick (doesn't need to be deep so he is hard to AA sometimes), great oki game with up missiles, u+3 stance gives him a legit 50/50 which can be made safe with EX teleport (since you can't hit confirm the overhead), good anti-air and air-to-air game, fast punisher (6f jab), strong anti-zoning with instant air teleport and on top of that sexiest voice in the universe :).
bro his intro tho. I will show no mercy!! I want that voice! Aha. Yeah a few minor changes like his 121 string hiyting all the time. Kabal shouldnt be able to buzzsaw sektor doesnt make sense. What if hos b3 got huffed and it was 8f like jax? Omg that would be tight.

NKZero

Noob
bro his intro tho. I will show no mercy!! I want that voice! Aha. Yeah a few minor changes like his 121 string hiyting all the time. Kabal shouldnt be able to buzzsaw sektor doesnt make sense. What if hos b3 got huffed and it was 8f like jax? Omg that would be tight.
I think an 8f b+3 would be too good man! Honestly I want them to adjust the hit-boxes on 1, 2 b+1 and b+3, 4 so that they always connect and don't whiff. That's it really. Maybe give him armour on EX flame burner to give him a good GTFO option because he has no armours and his wake-ups are ass.

Lol his intro is amazing. Also in story mode when he says "We are the Lin Kuei. As stealthful as the night, AS DEADLY AS THE DAWN!"

Also agreed the buzz saw really makes that MU harder than it is. I think it makes the difference between a 4-6 MU and 3-7 MU although if Sektor loses 3-7 it's not a hard 3-7.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I think an 8f b+3 would be too good man! Honestly I want them to adjust the hit-boxes on 1, 2 b+1 and b+3, 4 so that they always connect and don't whiff. That's it really. Maybe give him armour on EX flame burner to give him a good GTFO option because he has no armours and his wake-ups are ass.

Lol his intro is amazing. Also in story mode when he says "We are the Lin Kuei. As stealthful as the night, AS DEADLY AS THE DAWN!"

Also agreed the buzz saw really makes that MU harder than it is. I think it makes the difference between a 4-6 MU and 3-7 MU although if Sektor loses 3-7 it's not a hard 3-7.
B2,1 punishes buzzsaw point blank. It's tight but at least it's safe if you botch it.

That said, I think it's 4-6, imo Sektor players currently give him way too much leeway to use EX dash when he has it easier than most at exploiting the lack of armored frames. The problem really is that there's no humane way to fully punish buzzsaw.

NKZero

Noob
B2,1 punishes buzzsaw point blank. It's tight but at least it's safe if you botch it.

That said, I think it's 4-6, imo Sektor players currently give him way too much leeway to use EX dash when he has it easier than most at exploiting the lack of armored frames. The problem really is that there's no humane way to fully punish buzzsaw.
Oh wow I didn't know that I thought buzz saw was -10 or something.

But the buzz saw problem is more an issue in the neutral game because you can't iaTU and also causes problems on wake-up since you'll whiff a TU while his hit-box moves forwards. He may be able to punish I don't know but he gets NDC pressure at the very least.

I've always claimed it was 4-6 but I'm leaning towards 3-7 or somewhere in between.