6. Skarlet
  7. Smoke
  8. Kitana
  9. Kung Lao
  10. Jax
  11. Jhonny Cage
  12. Reptile
Please don't hurt me.
Jax is too high, Smoke is too high, Reptile and Kung Lao are waay too low. Kitana is slightly too high. Jax and Smoke just have too many flaws in order to make the top ten imo, and Reptile is the most well rounded character in the game that isn't top tier next to shang imo.

AssassiN

Noob
You were probably joking but Shang Tsung must surely be in contention for top 10. Think about it. Soul steal grants you your opponent's move set + a damage boost so you essentially become a better version of that character. Not to mention that Shang alone has great tools up close and zoning and boasts very strong footsie tools in the mid-range game to boot.

He has some difficult MU's such as Reptile and Cyrax and struggles against Kung Lao and Kabal. So maybe his MU chart doesn't look to impressive against the top tier. Tool wise however he has some pretty good stuff going for him.

Can't forget about the fact that Shang can't block when he is morphing back, basically gives the opponent a free combo.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's a fun 5-5. Might even be in quans favor mind you Jax does have the corner reset but haven't seen anyone hit it in forever
That's fair. I guess more people have just leveled up their footsies against Jax in general to avoid the resey but F0xy acts as if low hitbox vs Jax = auto 10-0 lol

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Smoke is a great niche pick for Freddy because he slaps that fool (@m2dave reference yes). As an added bonus he does fine against Cyrax and Kenshi, imo both being a 5-5 match up. Considering he goes even or beats 3/5 top 5 that surely has its uses.

He doesn't do well against Lao, Sonya, Kabal, Jax and possibly even Cage. Kitana and Skarlet are probably about even as well. He doesn't really win vs. any of the top tiers except Freddy. He's lower end of the top 10, he always can at least compete due to reset even in what should be horrendous match ups, but its unquestionable that he is a great counterpick for certain players / characters.

Imo his worst match ups are Sonya, Kabal and Lao. Jax and Cage just stick really well once they're in but you have a better shot at keeping them out than you do against the former three; and Sonya sticks well and gets in easily anyways :\ .

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You have been misguided by F0xy's low hitbox propaganda machine sir. He probably thinks Quan is bad for Jax. :p
I'll join Dink in saying it's 5 5 or even Quan's advantage. Quan's zoning is better than normal against Jax. Ground pound cancels can be tranced because he can't block. And if Jax ever tries to use his F4 string, quan can duck it and interrupt the string with 112 into full rune trap.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Her only 8-2 is Kenshi IMO. It's a HUGE stretch to suggest Kabal-Kitana is 8-2 (assuming that's the match-up you're referencing). Opinion is really divided on Kabal-Kitana, with some saying it's 6-4, and others going as high as 8-2. Call it in the middle, 7-3.

No I meant Kitana has MUs that are 8-2 and 7-3 in her favor.

Kabal vs kitana is no where near 8-2 BTW. 6-4 imo

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
1.Kabal
2.Kenshi
3.Cyrax
4.Sonya
5.Freddy Krueger
6.Kung Lao
7.Smoke
8.Skarlet
9.Reptile
10.Kitana

Honorable mentions to:
Cage for F3 and a 2-8 matchup
Jax for corner resets.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Cage is very good indeed, but doesn't he have at least 4 bad MUs?

Kabal, kenshi, Freddy, Sonya, sub, and MAYBE kitana. That's too many bad MUs to be top 10

You think Kitana wins? But Curbo and Dizzy beat every single Kitana they play lol. Curbo actually uses Cage to counter-pick Kitana. I would have thought that matchup was in Cage's favor

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You think Kitana wins? But Curbo and Dizzy beat every single Kitana they play lol. Curbo actually uses Cage to counter-pick Kitana. I would have thought that matchup was in Cage's favor
I didnt say i think it lol. Some people still say its in her favor. I have it as 5-5

And if we went by that logic, then kitana would beat Kabal because bit and I beat every Kabal we play lol

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Can't forget about the fact that Shang can't block when he is morphing back, basically gives the opponent a free combo.
This.

It's ironic that Soul steal Shang is designed to get more damage than you but anyone with a standing reset practically gets a Cyrax BNB on him lol.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
WoundCowboy the premise of your thread "deciding a final top 10 tier list for mk9" doesn't make sense because you're bringing it to the community as if the community can decide or agree on anything.

Find a comprehensive list of tournament players who know a damn about the highest level play, confirm with them, then present the tier list as "This is the top 10 tier list as far as all of the top players in the game are concerned" (then of course list the players).

This thread is going to go on for another 200 pages and deliver nothing. Have fun.
As usual, thanks for the positive post!
You were probably joking but Shang Tsung must surely be in contention for top 10. Think about it. Soul steal grants you your opponent's move set + a damage boost so you essentially become a better version of that character. Not to mention that Shang alone has great tools up close and zoning and boasts very strong footsie tools in the mid-range game to boot.

He has some difficult MU's such as Reptile and Cyrax and struggles against Kung Lao and Kabal. So maybe his MU chart doesn't look to impressive against the top tier. Tool wise however he has some pretty good stuff going for him.
Shang can't be top 10. He has too many hard MUs, gets exploited for using the SS, and has a really hard time against anyone that has a fast projectile. I actually think he beats Reptile and does as well as you can against Kabal, but he does lose to Lao and Cyrax.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Dizzy beats me because he's a better player. He is more solid, where I'm more of a chaotic, gimmicky, player. That's my strength as a tournament player but it doesn't work on him because he knows my tendencies and the intricacies of the Kitana MU like no one else. However I also think it might be a bad MU as well. IMO even though she runs away, out ranges him big time and does so much damage the guessing game against her once he's in is whack.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Dizzy beats me because he's a better player. He is more solid, where I'm more of a chaotic, gimmicky, player. That's my strength as a tournament player but it doesn't work on him because he knows my tendencies and the intricacies of the Kitana MU like no one else. However I also think it might be a bad MU as well. IMO even though she runs away, out ranges him big time and does so much damage the guessing game against her once he's in is whack.
Do you think that Cage is top 10?

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
People still don't know the SF tier list. Akuma changes with Fei every day.. Every type of tier list is a person's opinion. For all we know, the community could grind out the game for more years and Jade could be on everyone's #1.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Lol what?! No..just no.

Kitana DOES NOT lose to Liu Kang, Mileena or Reptile. AT ALL
She's in slight disadvantage in each of these MU's. You might be able to argue a 5-5 but that's pushing it.

Mileena keeps her out with d4 and shuts down kit's zoning. Liu's rushdown is much better than kit's and he out-zones her, has amazing counter-poke game. Idk what specifically Rep does to kit besides annoy her with force balls and D4 acid-hand, but it's been said countless times this is tough for her.

There's no aspect of Kit's game that these characters have problems with, whereas Kitana has a few obstacles to overcome. And even so... she has 4 bad mu's without these. (I'm not even gonna mention Smoke)

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
People still don't know the SF tier list. Akuma changes with Fei every day.. Every type of tier list is a person's opinion. For all we know, the community could grind out the game for more years and Jade could be on everyone's #1.
I agree that everyone's opinion is different, but almost everyone here agrees with the top 5. This also isn't really an attempt at a tier list, it's just the top 10.

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
I agree that everyone's opinion is different, but almost everyone here agrees with the top 5. This also isn't really an attempt at a tier list, it's just the top 10.
Everyone's top 5 is different :p It's just that Kabal, Kenshi, Cyrax, Sonya, and Freddy is the most popular top 5 atm. My top 5 changes Lao and Freddy constantly. but for top 10, your list is pretty much what mine would be. I may have to say Cage or Jax over Skarlet, though. An 8 frame low is huge in footsies and MK in general.