What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airborne

The Mad Scientist
Good news: More than likely going to UFGT9.

Bad news: More than likely not entering Injustice. =\

My booty Hawkgirl wouldn't make it far anyways; I really haven't adjusted to how this game plays. I'll cheer and help out any other winged comrades attending though!

Boodendorf

Bird woman!

My booty Hawkgirl wouldn't make it far anyways; I really haven't adjusted to how this game plays. I'll cheer and help out any other winged comrades attending though!
How about sending me a ticket so I can take the first plane to wherever UFGT9? :joker:

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?

You playing Marvel at UFGT9?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Winners finals (vs BA) and grand finals (vs Cyborg), the other matches weren't that great.
I was surprisingly relaxed during the grand finals, that's the moment where I played the best.
hmm, maybe coz its an online tourney and you're in the comfort of your house?

Either way, Looking forward to seeing the vids coz Cyborg is a pain in the ass for me atm.

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
So I'm normally a Wonder Woman player but I was having a shitty day (like -10) with WW today so I decided to do some ranked with my second

lets just say that things are going well.

Question though:
what are Hawkgirls combo starters cause I play her as pure zoning

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo am I the only one that think that HawkGirl is slept on ? ? I am a WW player BTW lol. I also need match up practice.

Droogy

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo am I the only one that think that HawkGirl is slept on ? ? I am a WW player BTW lol. I also need match up practice.
we are as one mind, WW players that are enthralled by Nth Metal

which now needs to be our new power metal band Nth Metal

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Any stage preferences so far? Is the goal to have fewer or more intractable? Are we looking for ones in the air, ones on the ground, etc?

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Any stage preferences so far? Is the goal to have fewer or more intractable? Are we looking for ones in the air, ones on the ground, etc?
Against characters that outzone you (except deathstroke cause he a gadget char), take stages with mostly ground interactables.
Against characters you can zone, take watchtower/metropolis rooftop lol.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
At ect went 3-1 and got DQEd from winners bracket --> with hawk girl. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I could have won my last match but didnt clash, I like had a super brain dart and just let myself be comboed to death. :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
At ect went 3-1 and got DQEd from winners bracket --> with hawk girl. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. I could have won my last match but didnt clash, I like had a super brain dart and just let myself be comboed to death. :(

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Why'd you get DQ'd? :/

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I always pick Themyscira (sp?) or Wayne Manor. Mainly coz I'm comfortable with the stages as opposed to feeling an "advantage".

One stage i hate though, fuckin Atlantis. My win ratio in that stage is like 30% lol.

Droogy

I always pick Themyscira (sp?) or Wayne Manor. Mainly coz I'm comfortable with the stages as opposed to feeling an "advantage".

One stage i hate though, fuckin Atlantis. My win ratio in that stage is like 30% lol.
really, why do you think so? I always look at atlantis is the most balanced stage in the game

(with Themyscira being a second and Batcave being third)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
really, why do you think so? I always look at atlantis is the most balanced stage in the game

(with Themyscira being a second and Batcave being third)
I dont like the corner interactables against Hawky, especially if its against a character that I have to get in on or if they have the health lead.

Airborne

The Mad Scientist
Massive post to reply to most things I missed since I was last here:

How about sending me a ticket so I can take the first plane to wherever UFGT9? :joker:
Lol, bro, I wish. The reason I more than likely won't be entering Injustice is because I'm trying to reduce my costs for this event as much as possible.
You playing Marvel at UFGT9?
Of course! That's my BnB! Don't let other Spideys know because I don't want to feel pressured like I did at Season's. @__@ The ones I talk to on a regular basis are aware though.

I prefer Arkham Asylum in general and Themyscira against acrobatic and gadget characters; obviously, we have more versatility with air interactables than 90%+ of the cast and jumping for those interactables is a huge commitment for most other characters. My reasoning for Themyscira is because gadget and acrobatic characters aren't able to throw the lion heads and are reduced to pulling the chain. Also, the tree is basically a Wayne Manor/Metropolis Streets car, and the fire pit is like a one-time dumpster for power characters.

On another note, I never bothered to check, but I heard a rumor that the stages are different lengths. Anyone able to verify this? It would no doubt be advantageous for us to be aware of the order if true.

:\ Shit happens, sir. Just try to focus on what you did wrong in each match and how you can improve on it. Don't stew over the DQ or the failure to clash at the end. Always strive to play better than you did before!

I dont like the corner interactables against Hawky, especially if its against a character that I have to get in on or if they have the health lead.
Armored B3 and F3's are your friend! Use them as an FADC to punish any infantile attempts of trying to use the corner interactables against your corner pressure. I LOVE when power characters try to hang 10 on me at Atlantis; take 15% to deal 50% and keep them in the corner? Why not!

Status
Not open for further replies.