What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Boo is still da bes Hawkgirl right now. He's my fave HG to watch coz I always learn stuff from his footage, especially that his style is very similar to mine.
No offense to Runaway and the others obviously lol. just that I dont see anything different from what I do there and/or they play in a different style (eg: Runaway plays alot more zoney than me).
Ugh...it's spelled Runway...

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Just a headsup fellow Hawky players, I won't be playing or uploading anything related to this game for like 3 weeks now (unless I have some free time), as I'm currently working hard to pass some exams. So don't be surprised if my activity is low on both youtube and here for a bit of time!

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Just a headsup fellow Hawky players, I won't be playing or uploading anything related to this game for like 3 weeks now (unless I have some free time), as I'm currently working hard to pass some exams. So don't be surprised if my activity is low on both youtube and here for a bit of time!
Ugh...can you just hurry up with these bothersome exams! I'll continue posting in your beautiful honor and hurry your ass back!

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
I seen the patch notes for tomorrow and sadly Shayera is not on the list for and buffs. It seems like Bane was buffed due to fan outcry. Should we outcry for buffs to Hawkgirl too or should we just keep everything on the "Hush Hush" and slowly show everybody gdlk the Hawk of the Skies can be?

Honestly i would love for d1 to be cancel into WE(pre official launch), WE2 extended forward a bit, and the hit box or angle on her MB Mace Toss Up was changed so it be easier to hit opponents(and change the properties on hit to where the opponent falls slower ignoring hit stun off the air juggle).

No. She's fine. Returning d1,WE2 to a combo would be too easy and with how good her d1 is, it would make people cry.

What we need to worry about is sinestro. :(

Edit* the only selfish thing I would like is for WE1 to change its angle or become an auto throw or a pop up or something. Does anybody here use that move? On purpose? There's no incentive. So selfishly I'd like it changed/improved/buffed.

But really, she's fine.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
As a Bane player, let me say that the Bane buffs weren't due to outcry. They were due to common sense. The buffs weren't anything close to what we were asking for. That being said, Venom was the underlying problem, and they addressed it. The next issue was zoning. The Dash buff is an attempt to address that. Finally, there's backdash and runaway, and the charge speed is to address that.

Hawkgirl isn't anywhere near the level of garbage Bane was. And after the patch, she's still a better character.

I said this in the other thread, but all the balance changes were easy fixes. No hard changes were made. This means that Hawkgirl won't get touched, as the changes she does need, such as WE1 being drastically changed and strings into Mace toss landing consistently (which involve hitbox and angle issues) won't be in this patch. They may save the BIG ONE for after Evo or when they get more budgeting, probably when they announce more DLC.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Hawkgirl is one of the more balanced character of the game, there are NO NEED for any changes whatsoever, EXCEPT MAYBE her we1.

Just change the angle of it to be a slightly better anti air, though that really isn't needed.

Transform her we1 into a low, unsafe depending of the distance, slide that causes a hard knockdown on hit. Imagine the swag of it during combos, HG would be SO TOP TIER <3.

Something that needs to be fixed though is about Hawkgirl's air mb mace toss. Sometimes she just float above the air after it, sometimes she lands normally. It's inconsistant and very VERY annoying.

A nerf to batman's trait would definitely have been nice for us, because this matchup is annoying as fuck.

Speh

Noob
While we're talking about changes to her...my one dream change would be that her horizontal mb mace toss has the same launching properties as her up mb. A man can dream :(

Droogy

Lets Fight Like Gentlemen
Tested everything with hawkgirl, nothing has been changed from what I see. Damages, setups, range, blockstun, anti pushblock tech, everything is the same.
Oh this is all kinds of wonderful since shes just about how I want her to be, I noticed nothing on the patch notes but was still worried

plus I think she has benefited from alot of the changes to the other characters, I have issues with DS with hawkgirl and his nerfs make him take more chances which is what HG capitalizes on most.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I posted a gigantic post in the KF forum anti-character thread on general anti-HG tactics since I don't really like winning off ignorance and most people still don't know shit about the character. That latter part wouldn't bother me normally but there aren't a lot of HG players in general and imho it's difficult to figure out how her neutral works through record feature, which is a major part of beating the character. Anyways, if anybody who cares could chime in with their EXP + knowledge and correct me where I'm mistaken that'd be wonderful. The faster everybody levels up then then the better the game looks on stream and the more we understand the game as a whole, which leads to higher level play being more common. With this, NRS can get a better idea of what's working out properly and what isn't.

That's why they haven't touched HG imho. It's waaaaaaay too early to say she really needs anything and if they aren't careful buffing her she could be an incredibly fucked up character.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
It's pretty complete, some stuff that's wrong/you forgot:
-We3 is +1 on block actually
-air mace toss mb isn't + on block and is sometimes punishable (if you see her float above the ground right after the move slide punish it)
-You forgot to talk about how good her corner pressure is.
-Mace charge/we3 might beat wakeup slide like it sometimes beats BA's electric cage

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
My bad on air mace EX especially, fucking NRS frame data is more along the lines of fraud data. I'll figure out the punishes on that later today/tomorrow. Corner shit is "Yeah now her overhead/low and damage output is way more threatening except that the damaging mixup comes from a kinda slow mid starter, the overhead isn't good on block otherwise GL." Still good call oin that, it's def worth mentioning. Even when I've been using that move more and more I still forget about it lol.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
My bad on air mace EX especially, fucking NRS frame data is more along the lines of fraud data. I'll figure out the punishes on that later today/tomorrow. Corner shit is "Yeah now her overhead/low and damage output is way more threatening except that the damaging mixup comes from a kinda slow mid starter, the overhead isn't good on block otherwise GL." Still good call oin that, it's def worth mentioning. Even when I've been using that move more and more I still forget about it lol.
Her best overhead, we2, is like +5 on block lol. And her b22 (low) can be canceled into we2. I can do b22 we2(mid low oh) b2we2(mid oh) b22b3(mid low low) or raw oh/sweep.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Hawkgirl's jump is terrible its really high and floaty it needs to be lower and faster.
No, no no and no. You're completely wrong. Yes it is high and floaty, but that's a good thing, it lets you easily where and when you want to start flying in the air. It also lets you do instant j1 and still be able to use flight at the end if your jump if j1 whiffed.
She doesn't even NEED to jump given her mobility (mace charge, mace toss mb, flight, we3) anyway, don't ask for useless buffs that'd make her broken.

No, no no and no. You're completely wrong. Yes it is high and floaty, but that's a good thing, it lets you easily where and when you want to start flying in the air. It also lets you do instant j1 and still be able to use flight at the end if your jump if j1 whiffed.
She doesn't even NEED to jump given her mobility (mace charge, mace toss mb, flight, we3) anyway, don't ask for useless buffs that'd make her broken.
Wasn't asking for buffs just saying my personal opinion on her jump claim down.

Espio

Kokomo
It's good to see that HG mains seem to generally agree she doesn't need buffs/nerfs and only slight adjustments to some move properties, I completely agree with that sentiment.

She's the fair kind of solid, which is all I can ask for in a character.

Is it odd that I've been working more on my on ground spacing/footsies with Hawkgirl and have been relying less on flight? I guess I've been doing this in all of her match ups, even ones that don't require her to be grounded more just to be more well rounded and work on whiff punishing. Probably seems silly overall, but just some thoughts I've been having.

I usually don't post much, but the Hawkgirl community is awesome :).

ChemSui

Like a retard, u never realize the danger
There will come a day when everyone will realize how powerful HG's tool set is in relation to whiff punishing, space control, playing the life lead, and general footsies/ keep away. And how they can obliterate certain match ups within the mechanics of this game. Don't really know when that day will be; but when it does I'm sure you guys will know. ;)

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
There will come a day when everyone will realize how powerful HG's tool set is in relation to whiff punishing, space control, playing the life lead, and general footsies/ keep away. And how they can obliterate certain match ups within the mechanics of this game. Don't really know when that day will be; but when it does I'm sure you guys will know. ;)
Who is Nightwing carrying in your picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.