What's new

Tech THE OFFICIAL DEATHSTROKE HATEMAIL THREAD!

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
I most likely will not play randoms in lobbies, but since I will be playing Deathstroke on EU PSN I must find out if the famous poets BMW_Cabrio, DannyBoeing777, AvatarBurnsy or ICED_TAZ have picked up Injustice.

"moterfuking piss cunt slave i piss on u mom i piss on u vagine"
- BMW_Cabrio

<3

deathstrokes guns shouldn't be -23! they should be -9 or something
R u talking about his quick fire (pistols) or his machine gun? and -9 regardless is a huge nerf.....would basically leave him open to all other zoning....and unable to contend....even worse it would make it so that particular special move would only be used in combos....his normals r not as fast as a lot of characters....hence the zoning is strong.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
R u talking about his quick fire (pistols) or his machine gun? and -9 regardless is a huge nerf.....would basically leave him open to all other zoning....and unable to contend....even worse it would make it so that particular special move would only be used in combos....his normals r not as fast as a lot of characters....hence the zoning is strong.
i was sayin his guns should be less disadvantage on block

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
As a character, I like slade. The way 90% of his playerbase plays him is trash.
The zoning is too strong in this game, not just Slade.
I hope something does change so people actually use their normals and you know, fight.
So many games are spent in each corner, its sad.

But how can we get people to actually fight without resorting to neutering like they did Kano?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
The zoning is too strong in this game, not just Slade.
I hope something does change so people actually use their normals and you know, fight.
So many games are spent in each corner, its sad.

But how can we get people to actually fight without resorting to neutering like they did Kano?
Remove fast traveling projectiles from fighting games.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
- Maybe an arbitrarily high ammo count? That way if someones being braindead you can just wait out till they run out of bullets and whomp them?
or
- Reload animation recovery after x shots fired?? Harley, I'm looking at you.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Moves should be spammable, but brainless spamming should be disadvantage. Like you can jump over and full combo punish stuff.

Ok Axel_Redd. I knock you down and as your getting up. im either going to Hit low and launch you in the air in to a combo. Or Hit over head and start a combo. Either way there is no way to block both or know which one i am going to do.

You have a 50percent change to know. hence a 50/50

archon

Noob
Either way there is no way to block both or know which one i am going to do.
Fuzzy guard from crouching to standing. b1 starts in 15 frames, f3 in 26 I believe. You can anticipate the Low hit first and begin blocking Low, then transition to stand block once you visually confirm Deathstroke performed f3 instead*. It is also possible to challenge f3 with the fastest Lows like 7 frame d1 attacks because Deathstroke's f3 does not immediately leave the ground. Because both b1 and f3 start slower than most standing or crouching pokes, both will be interrupted by an attack-happy opponent if you do not position Deathstroke outside the range of their standing 1 or d1. This mixup is absolutely valid, but it is unsafe much like his simpler 12~Low Guns or 123 mixup.

*Of course, blocking f3 leaves Deathstroke at +10 and plays right into his hand. I will acknowledge his f3 is Godlike :)

deathstrokes guns shouldn't be -23! they should be -9 or something
Deathstroke's guns starting slower than the average standing attack and being heavily disadvantaged on block are the keys to keeping him balanced. I feel his guns already deal minimal damage on block and I am okay with this since having his shots blocked builds meter, which from afar is more important than damage. Discouraging Deathstroke from using guns inside sweep range and forcing him to utilize his variety of strong and interesting normal attacks is much more satisfying.

Regarding knockdowns, his 231 sends opponent's fullscreen, his 123 sends opponent's nearly halfscreen, and he has plenty of ways to end combos in Sword Flip or Sword Spin. It's all about choosing your initial attack based on distance from the opponent, then converting into your combo of choice. I like to pressure opponents up close only after I've built a large life lead. At the beginning of matches or when our life is even, I tend to send them fullscreen and zone mostly to build meter. Having meter is more reassuring to me than having a life lead especially with the threat of the opponent regaining health via a Clash.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I got hit with hate mail last night for using Aquaman and Deathstroke.

Guy sent me a message I was garbage for spamming Aquas trident spike. I just replied "Down Back Y".

He then sent me a voicemail telling me how people like me ruin the game and that I should go play GOW (no idea what this had to do with anything). I sent him a party invite and as soon as he joined he blew his lid.

It was glorious. I just told him basically, "If you wouldn't run like a coward and come in, I wouldn't use the spike."

He left then.

I love salty tears.
Eww he sent you a voicemail? That's like the creepiest thing I can think of.

Amadeous

Noob

Actually the way 99.9% of the player base plays every character is trash. The game is brand new so nobody is really "good" at it yet.

Also I think most people mix up zoning for spamming, no one should be limited to playing a character one way. If something is working, do it.

I do agree with the walk speed buff it seems like people are going too slow in this game. For a superhero fighter it should be much more fast paced, Iknow the team is coming from an MK (which I like) background but still....

Any one play against Hate is my fuel? he's second on the xbox live leaderboards. Think he's rage quit against me like 4 times in a row now because he can't beat me. Always sends funny salty messages too.

yeah i have noticed that alot in some of the top ranked people. They all rage quit.
Its very disappointing but strive in the fact that your better than him