What's new

The Newest Mortal Kombat (9) Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly where is [MENTION=4672]ZeroEffect[/MENTION]? Usually he has a lot to say about Mileena's match ups.
I tried to avoid this thread entirely, but my name was brought up so here I am.

Honestly, while I love discussing familiar matchups, I hate discussing tiers... At least with matchups you have facts to go with. Tier lists are all theory and thus, endless debates. There'll probably be three or four more threads like this made by different people for there own personal tier lists before Thanksgiving if we're lucky.

So I see Mileena is listed as S-tier now... wow. I would never put her there, but that's just me. At this point, I really don't care who's in what tier. It's easy enough to tell which characters have the best tools and which have to work harder, so that's what I'm going by.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Yea I think I'm done w this thread

The ratio of great players to not so great players posting has gotten to my nerves

It's like JaMarcus Russell giving Peyton manning, Tom brady and Aaron Rogers advice On how to play football

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Well I at least see that none of the Mileena players agree she should be in that tier.
I think since it's match up based (which IMHO was a great way to order the tier list) she's clearly not in the A+ or S tier. She's most likely B tier right now, of course Reo can rape with her. He's Reo. He could probably rape with CSZ if he wanted...oh, he already has. o:

Pig Of The Hut

Well I at least see that none of the Mileena players agree she should be in that tier.
I think since it's match up based (which IMHO was a great way to order the tier list) she's clearly not in the A+ or S tier. She's most likely B tier right now, of course Reo can rape with her. He's Reo. He could probably rape with CSZ if he wanted...oh, he already has. o:
Im a mileena player and i disagree with your saying she's below A+ and id like a chance to prove it to you.

Also I rape w csz and you implied he's very low tier, id like to play u w csz as well

Death

Noob
I'm also a Mileena player and i believed her to be top 5 for a long time now. She only has 1 or 2 bad matchups but shes 5-5 and better against everyone.

Yea I think I'm done w this thread

The ratio of great players to not so great players posting has gotten to my nerves

It's like JaMarcus Russell giving Peyton manning, Tom brady and Aaron Rogers advice On how to play football

sorry pig, maybe you 'great players' should start a website that only allows the elite mortal kombat players to register & post

i mean, obviously you have the ability and inside knowledge of the game and the mileena character that no one else could possibly have, its stupid for any of us to speak up about anything...

wait though , aren't you the guy that lost to sonya with csz & mileena because you didn't know the matchup?
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THE SONYA MATCHUP ?!?! people have been playing sonya like that for months now

i shouldn't even be posting this though i should wait until the 'great players' show up to guide us

CoolStoryBro

Reppin' The Royalty!
Apart from Mileena and skarlet, i agree with this thread. I think Mileena is probably A+ and i think that skarlet is so underrated.

Pig Of The Hut

sorry pig, maybe you 'great players' should start a website that only allows the elite mortal kombat players to register & post

i mean, obviously you have the ability and inside knowledge of the game and the mileena character that no one else could possibly have, its stupid for any of us to speak up about anything...

wait though , aren't you the guy that lost to sonya with csz & mileena because you didn't know the matchup?
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THE SONYA MATCHUP ?!?! people have been playing sonya like that for months now

i shouldn't even be posting this though i should wait until the 'great players' show up to guide us
I got bodied by Sonya because i had not yet played one. I actually lost 3-2, then reset bracket in grand finals then lost 3-0 after resetting which wasnt that bad considering i had no prior experience w a skilled one.

Thats changed, and even leading up to that tourney I knew in my mind if i ever played a skilled sonya id be sorry i didnt study her before hand..........lol and so it happened. :( and that was MY FAULT. I was first made aware of how deadly sonya can be watching RIU 48, Morty and detroit use her on streams.

You learn way more in life and in competition when you lose than when you win and for losing that night im far better off.

That loss made me go back through the whole cast including her so i can limit that from happening again.

Troll me all you want but it's true, id never post a damn thing giving my .2 cents unless i knew my voice was credible through play. There are some people posting whose gameplay is atrocious vs many many people posting who are extremely credible because they compete in tourneys, online, offline, and are just all around very knowledgeable and skilled.

Theres a reason man a lot of the top players dont post at all

My Jamarcus russell comparison remains strong.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Im a mileena player and i disagree with your saying she's below A+ and id like a chance to prove it to you.

Also I rape w csz and you implied he's very low tier, id like to play u w csz as well
CSZ is A tier and I agree with that placement...I never said he's crap, but he's no S tier, that's for sure.
Just like Mileena is no S tier either. But yeah, we can probably normalize our estimations to A tier for Mileena.

I certainly don't mean to imply A tier or B tier sucks or anything...they're both very capable tiers.
Kano and Liu Kang are in A tier...they rape. Ermac is in B tier, he owns. So...

Pig Of The Hut

CSZ is A tier and I agree with that placement...I never said he's crap, but he's no S tier, that's for sure.
Just like Mileena is no S tier either. But yeah, we can probably normalize our estimations to A tier for Mileena.

I certainly don't mean to imply A tier or B tier sucks or anything...they're both very capable tiers.
Kano and Liu Kang are in A tier...they rape. Ermac is in B tier, he owns. So...
Yea see i agree with you because im one of the few that think despite any freaking tier list that ANY FREAKING CHARACTER CAN WIN A MAJOR

..........except sindel and jade :)

I respect the player first then the character

Yim one of the few that think despite any freaking tier list that ANY FREAKING CHARACTER CAN WIN A MAJOR

can you get over yourself? you aren't 'one of the few'... i'd say the majority of people feel this way when it comes down to it... do you even know what a tier list IS? idk why you keep bringing this up, 'the player the player' thats not what a tier list is

Pig Of The Hut

can you get over yourself? you aren't 'one of the few'... i'd say the majority of people feel this way when it comes down to it... do you even know what a tier list IS? idk why you keep bringing this up, 'the player the player' thats not what a tier list is
Whats a Tier List?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
REO, Tom, and I got together again, and we tried to address the controversial aspects of the tier list.

- REO and I would move Smoke down a tier because we think he loses to rush down characters. Tom thinks Smoke is S tier because of resets.

- At the moment, all of us believe Mileena, Ermac, and Nightwolf are ranked appropriately.

- There was some discussion about placing Kabal in S+ tier because he is the only character in the game who has no bad match ups. Tom and Perfect Legend say that Kabal loses to Kung Lao and Raiden, though.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
m2dave said:
- REO and I would move Smoke down a tier because we think he loses to rush down characters. Tom thinks Smoke is S tier because of resets.
I would caution you against this before EXTREME investigation. I've played plenty of Liu Kangs and JCs and Smoke doesn't lose to rush down in practice nearly as much as everyone thinks he does...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Another thing everyone needs to understand. Is that [MENTION=27]m2dave[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION] and @tombrady
They don't base these lists on personal feelings, they have actually spent time in practice with every character in the game breaking down all of their strengths and weaknesses.
I see too many people basing their feelings on how they like or dislike a character.

Another thing. This isn't a 100% final list. We're all still working on the match up chart as a kummunity and when that gets completed is when we'll finally have a completed tier list, when it's all said and done I see this list being pretty close to the final match up chart.

Mileena players - you guys are heavily underestimating your character, multiple safe jumps, 50/50 mix ups, full screen punish, she can't be zoned, she can zone, decent combos that lead into her safe jumps. How many characters actually have a 6 or higher match up vs her?? ***edit let's not forget d4 lol how could i forget that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Another thing everyone needs to understand. Is that [MENTION=27]m2dave[/MENTION] [MENTION=16]REO[/MENTION] and @tombrady
They don't base these lists on personal feelings, they have actually spent time in practice with every character in the game breaking down all of their strengths and weaknesses.
I see too many people basing their feelings on how they like or dislike a character.

Another thing. This isn't a 100% final list. We're all still working on the match up chart as a kummunity and when that gets completed is when we'll finally have a completed tier list, when it's all said and done I see this list being pretty close to the final match up chart.

Mileena players - you guys are heavily underestimating your character, multiple safe jumps, 50/50 mix ups, full screen punish, she can't be zoned, she can zone, decent combos that lead into her safe jumps. How many characters actually have a 6 or higher match up vs her?? ***edit let's not forget d4 lol how could i forget that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Funny how the characters that are actually upper tier usually have the most downplay... and the characters that are lower tend to have the most overestimation. This game man....

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I am in the middle of updating my tier list for nw but I'll give you his bad matchups.

NW's bad matchups are:
Cyrax, kabal, kitana, mileena, raiden, Freddy, jax, Lao, csub, and kang.

But he beats:
Sektor, sub, Kano, kenshi, quan, Shang, baraka, ermac, noob, sheeva, sindel, skarlet, jade

I disagree with ranking characters based on bad matchups due to some characters matchups being worse than others. Example: nw doesn't have any 7-3 matchups but has ten 4-6 matchups. But he also has 13 matchups that I believe are 6-4. The rest are 5-5. He may lose to most of the tops but beats 90% of the rest. I would rearrange this list somewhat but it is a guess until we add up the numbers for each character.

My recommendations:
S Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Smoke, Raiden
A Freddy Krueger, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Sonya, Sub Zero, csub, kenshi
B Kano, Liu Kang, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, nightwolf, Noob
C Baraka, Ermac, Sheeva Jade, Sindel, Skarlet, Stryker

I took out A+ tier to keep it simpler. I feel the cast is much more condensed than before. Every character is great and can compete with the characters in their tier and just above. But there is a huge difference between characters and two tiers above. For example, B characters have a really hard time against most S tiers. And C have a hard time vs most A tiers.

NW did get hurt a bunch with his lightning trap nerf...I'll actually explain how it works in a thread in the nw forum soon. I tested it a bunch last night.

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
I am in the middle of updating my tier list for nw but I'll give you his bad matchups.

NW's bad matchups are:
Cyrax, kabal, kitana, mileena, raiden, Freddy, jax, Lao, csub, and kang.

But he beats:
Sektor, sub, Kano, kenshi, quan, Shang, baraka, ermac, noob, sheeva, sindel, skarlet, jade

I disagree with ranking characters based on bad matchups due to some characters matchups being worse than others. Example: nw doesn't have any 7-3 matchups but has ten 4-6 matchups. But he also has 13 matchups that I believe are 6-4. The rest are 5-5. He may lose to most of the tops but beats 90% of the rest. I would rearrange this list somewhat but it is a guess until we add up the numbers for each character.

My recommendations:
S Cyrax, Kabal, Kitana, Mileena, Smoke, Raiden
A Freddy Krueger, Jax, Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, Rain, Reptile, Sektor, Sonya, Sub Zero, csub, kenshi
B Kano, Liu Kang, Scorpion, Quan Chi, Shang Tsung, nightwolf, Noob
C Baraka, Ermac, Sheeva Jade, Sindel, Skarlet, Stryker

I took out A+ tier to keep it simpler. I feel the cast is much more condensed than before. Every character is great and can compete with the characters in their tier and just above. But there is a huge difference between characters and two tiers above. For example, B characters have a really hard time against most S tiers. And C have a hard time vs most A tiers.

NW did get hurt a bunch with his lightning trap nerf...I'll actually explain how it works in a thread in the nw forum soon. I tested it a bunch last night.
Really? I always felt the mileena match-up was in favor of NW. What makes it a bad match-up? (You would probably know this match-up better than anyone so i won't doubt you tho.)

Status
Not open for further replies.