What's new

The Need Help Choosing Main/Secondary Character Discussion Thread

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Ok so, before I start, this isn't really a "help me find another character" thing, though suggestions are always welcome.

Here's my issue;
I started the game out with Jacqui and Takeda.
I then quickly discovered Ermac and fell in love (not literally) with his playstyle.
Soon after that, both Takeda and Jacqui got boring.
And pretty much every character and variation I have tried are all boring me after playing Ermac.
I had the same thing in Injustice when I played Black Adam, though ended up with Zod and Lobo in the end (but they were DLC).

So far, I have not found anything that pleases me besides Ermac.
I'm unsure where to go from here and I'm affraid I'll eventually get bored of MKX if I can't find someone I like besides Ermac.

Does anyone else feel this way about a certain character they main?
Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can avoid this trap I put myself in?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I main the characters I like because they're not boring

kotal's fun as heck and watching him call down the sun to burn you alive feels so satisfying

and punchwalk never gets old

Theres about 7 or 8 really god characters, like four or five really bad characters, and the left over ones are stupid.

Thats why its hard.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I main the characters I like because they're not boring

kotal's fun as heck and watching him call down the sun to burn you alive feels so satisfying

and punchwalk never gets old
Never been a fan of brute type characters, and they both feel like that to me.
I know Kotal is somewhat mixed if you look at it that way, but he just isn't my thing.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Never been a fan of brute type characters, and they both feel like that to me.
kotal isn't

IMO he's almost entirely based around baiting and punishing. his pressure is pretty lacking and most of his block game will be around trying to open you up or Sun Choke you; it's really easy to notice how lacking he is in blood god, whereas War God is sort of the 'safe pick' variant

but a set-up Blood God who lands even 1 parry can convert to up to 80% damage, and a Sun God can usually go as high as 60%

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
kotal isn't

IMO he's almost entirely based around baiting and punishing. his pressure is pretty lacking and most of his block game will be around trying to open you up or Sun Choke you; it's really easy to notice how lacking he is in blood god, whereas War God is sort of the 'safe pick' variant

but a set-up Blood God who lands even 1 parry can convert to up to 80% damage, and a Sun God can usually go as high as 60%
Yeah, Despite his high damage potential though, he for some reason doesn't really interest me.
Though to mention it; I never particularly look at characters for rush downs or defense, it's just whatever I end up with.

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
For me I used to main Green Lantern ...With MKX Im not sure where to go cant seem to find the same feel he had but maybe thats a good thing. Any ideas of whom plays like him? more so in regards to his combo strings not so much his special moves