What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Thanks a lot
I made a video a while back here:

I need to do a new one because there's been 2 patches since this video was made. Anyway, the main point of the video is setups and meter less combos. However, there are some meter combos for mixup purposes. Hope it helps!

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Mileena's F12 doesn't whiff anymore on Raiden. I said it a while back, but many believe that it still does. However, I've tried it again on Allan Paris (Lucky Loopz) when we were in the lab. He also said that he couldn't do it against Saltface, nor could any other Raiden player.

Mileena's F12 doesn't whiff anymore on Raiden. I said it a while back, but many believe that it still does. However, I've tried it again on Allan Paris (Lucky Loopz) when we were in the lab. He also said that he couldn't do it against Saltface, nor could any other Raiden player.
I think people were saying it whiffs in piercing only. Saltface uses Ravenous and I don't know the other guy you mentioned.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It still whiffs on Piercing after sadictic ways in the oki game.

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Mileena honestly needs NO nerfs.

Leave her roll alone. It's ridiculously punishable on block, so I think it's an even trade for fast startup.

Gimme these buffs, however, and I'd be one happy blondie:
-Slightly lessen frame startup on F3 (I'd be just fine with 2-3 less).
-Take away the option of being thrown during fade invisibility (Ethereal).
-Slightly lessen frame startup and/or recovery on regular fades (Ethereal).

Ravenous and Piercing are pretty awesome right now for the most part. Ethereal is definitely a step up, but I'd like to see it a bit more viable since it takes a noticeable hit on damage output in comparison to the other two. That's just me, though.

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Mileena honestly needs NO nerfs.

Leave her roll alone. It's ridiculously punishable on block, so I think it's an even trade for fast startup.

Gimme these buffs, however, and I'd be one happy blondie:
-Slightly lessen frame startup on F3 (I'd be just fine with 2-3 less).
-Take away the option of being thrown during fade invisibility (Ethereal).
-Slightly lessen frame startup and/or recovery on regular fades (Ethereal).

Ravenous and Piercing are pretty awesome right now for the most part. Ethereal is definitely a step up, but I'd like to see it a bit more viable since it takes a noticeable hit on damage output in comparison to the other two. That's just me, though.
These are just luxury buffs, though. Honestly Mileena is fine as she is.

If we were to ask for luxury buffs, I would add:

- D1 now has 1-2 less startup frames (since d3 is already strong for other reasons, low profiling etc.)

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
These are just luxury buffs, though. Honestly Mileena is fine as she is.

If we were to ask for luxury buffs, I would add:

- D1 now has 1-2 less startup frames (since d3 is already strong for other reasons, low profiling etc.)
I agree, although I do think Ethereal still needs a slight buff. EX fade is really the only thing it has. Granted, it's amazing, but I just feel another little buff wouldn't hurt her in that variation. Especially given how crap it used to be.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'll fix Mileena like this: F3 startup is reduced to 20-22 frame (yea i'm not kidding, 32 frame F3 is too useless to use) and F3 will correctly connect to a jump in punch BUT damage of two strings F343 and F344 is reduced by half (F3 damage is reduced as well)
I think this can be considered a buff, it's not even a nerf

I'll fix Mileena like this: F3 startup is reduced to 20-22 frame (yea i'm not kidding, 32 frame F3 is too useless to use) and F3 will correctly connect to a jump in punch BUT damage of two strings F343 and F344 is reduced by half (F3 damage is reduced as well)
I think this can be considered a buff, it's not even a nerf
F3 is not supposed to be used often. The way it is right now it feels useless but make it below 22 frames and Mileena will be too strong. Its purpose is to be used when you feel your opponent is not expecting it at all. Yeah it will probably not hit anyone when it matters but what to do... the move is there I suggest ignore it as I do :)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
F3 is not supposed to be used often. The way it is right now it feels useless but make it below 22 frames and Mileena will be too strong. Its purpose is to be used when you feel your opponent is not expecting it at all. Yeah it will probably not hit anyone when it matters but what to do... the move is there I suggest ignore it as I do :)
Even someone is not expecting and you land F3 combo (chances are rare because F3 is reactible), you'll never be able to do that again. It works once per person lol (and when you "run out of friends to test" you'll stop using F3). And 22 frame overhead is still slow and reactible (I react block johnny 15 frame overhead all day) but at least it will correctly connect to jump in punch. I'll be mad if her beautiful strings on F3 stay forever like that

Even someone is not expecting and you land F3 combo (chances are rare because F3 is reactible), you'll never be able to do that again. It works once per person lol (and when you "run out of friends to test" you'll stop using F3). And 22 frame overhead is still slow and reactible (I react block johnny 15 frame overhead all day) but at least it will correctly connect to jump in punch. I'll be mad if her beautiful strings on F3 stay forever like that
Well if I had to pick a ratio of usage it would be like 1 per 7 rounds. That's its point, because is too slow, you need to make your opponents forget of that move. I highly doubt they will ever reduce F3 startup frames.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
saying you can react to 15 frames "all day" is bit far fetched imo. (just in case you if you mean 113 or 11, f2, that isnt reacting, that fuzzying)
so your never got hit by erron blacks 16 frame overhead then?? ever? cmon man :/

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I might be one of the few that likes F3 as it is because when it hits (yes I did say "when" because it still hits players when used sparingly) I'm like:

"OMG you just got a hit by a move 99.9% of all players say you should NEVER get hit by and now you've lost half life! :D :D :D"

Maybe that's just me

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
saying you can react to 15 frames "all day" is bit far fetched imo. (just in case you if you mean 113 or 11, f2, that isnt reacting, that fuzzying)
so your never got hit by erron blacks 16 frame overhead then?? ever? cmon man :/
it's either because i play against johnny cage too much (about 50% of the offline matches) or the animation of johnny's overhead looks "more obvious" than erron black's. I play against erron black much less and I got hit by his overhead more often. But i'm still able to react block erron's overhead, like 5 out of 10 times