What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Mehhhhhhh, why does she need buffs if she has options for everything
Apart from bugs the character was designed to have Roll her best whiff punisher and counter poke. But seriously if you play the character for a bit you will see how she does have some struggles and how much she actually puts her life on the line in situations. Any string that is cancelled into a special is essentially death if blocked correctly

Is this in reference to escaping Kang pressure? Assuming this by your avatar
Yh kinda, I do 111 which is +2 and do my 9 frame b1, nope, roll beats it. I do s44 - +4 and do 10 frame f44, nope, roll beats it. Btw i play dualist, not that broken as df. Feel my pain. I also feel her roll shouldn't be able to low profile lius b1 when it comes out at 4 frames

TheGabStandard

Yh kinda, I do 111 which is +2 and do my 9 frame b1, nope, roll beats it. I do s44 - +4 and do 10 frame f44, nope, roll beats it. Btw i play dualist, not that broken as df. Feel my pain. I also feel her roll shouldn't be able to low profile lius b1 when it comes out at 4 frames
I remember looking into this a while ago and found a perfect F12 after F213 xx SS was able to beat our Roll, but had to be timed perfectly

beats it bro, although f44 beats it but still, y won't a frame d1 beat an eight frame mid(roll).cmon
Wtf? Well there ya go, lol. F44 that shit!

You also are talking about a rare case where Mileena roll beats a lot of Dualist specific stuff. It's really not often Roll wins vs all those options.

Also, can someone test both midscreen and in the corner the f213~ss cancel~D3/D4 vs reversal roll. I can't believe that's consistent. If it loses midscreen it's probably because of Liu kang's pushback on that string.

TheGabStandard

Well thanks guys. I really appreciate it. She just has soo many options and i feel people shouldnt sleep on her.
People generally don't, but it is accepted that in a game where so many of the roster can make themselves safe with or without meter or constant jailing pressure without really having their turn end that she falls down the tier list. While she does have options a lot of it is on the onus of the player due to the risk, there is nothing she can really throw out for the sake of it

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Mehhhhhhh, why does she need buffs if she has options for everything
Its fixes that she needs. Empty frames where she can get hit out or the move isn't active FROM those empty frames like with air sais and telekick. Just lots of bs bugs and lopsided frame data on strings/normals that really don't grant her much of anything unless on a hard read. And no range on her pokes, let alone decent enough speed.

I actually like her risk/reward, but I feel its not "balanced" currently because of how slow and/or negative her f3 and f4 are, so you're left with NEEDING to use EXRoll to punish them blocking low. Whereas Kang, Tanya, D'Vorah, Reptile, etc etc. has 50/50s as normals and are safe, launch on hit or hit-confirmable, and they can make them plus, not to mention the range they have.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
yeah but she really only gets + frames from using meter to pressure with ex fade and that's not ideal in ethereal seeing as that her meter is supposed to be saved for escaping. you can do as you please with ex fade, however the + frames are not going to help you that much. in my opinion.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
Enjoy being plus while losing your quote "mixup" from using meter and now being left with either a 33f overhead, which you will be punished/poked or have your opponent block all follow ups low while you look like a fool grabbing them for 12% for 1 meter =).:DOGE

Last edited: