What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
If I use B1 roll I can react to wake up back dash, chase people down and punish. If I only press F1 I'll lose a combo opportunity if people wake up, however F12B4 is minus if they don't. It's still based on read though, but sometimes I just need to make my setups less predictable. Everything can be blown up easily if repeated too many times
Does B1 xx Roll break Scorpion's teleport or does he still leave the screen too fast?

Do mileena players realise how much their opponent has to guess when they are on them or 3/4 away(especially those that know the match-up). Her mix-ups are abundant. Is it possible to react to ex-roll, well i can but not when mileena does something like s2 ex roll. Is it possible to block s2 ex-roll, f2 ex roll, f12 ex roll by reacting to the roll and not letting go of your low block. This char has the touch of death, one touch, two guesses one knockdown, one anti-air attempt that turns into teleport, one yolo low profiling roll and you are dead. Mileena wins. She also has the bully spacing string thats +2, cmon. The point, is how do i beat her? Btw am the patient type, i dont jump to much, i dont armor, but i get hit by roll or ex roll cause am trying to react to something.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Do mileena players realise how much their opponent has to guess when they are on them or 3/4 away(especially those that know the match-up). Her mix-ups are abundant. Is it possible to react to ex-roll, well i can but not when mileena does something like s2 ex roll. Is it possible to block s2 ex-roll, f2 ex roll, f12 ex roll by reacting to the roll and not letting go of your low block. This char has the touch of death, one touch, two guesses one knockdown, one anti-air attempt that turns into teleport, one yolo low profiling roll and you are dead. Mileena wins. She also has the bully spacing string thats +2, cmon. The point, is how do i beat her? Btw am the patient type, i dont jump to much, i dont armor, but i get hit by roll or ex roll cause am trying to react to something.

You kinda described her core lol. On top of that, she's really playing the opponent more than the MU. She has tools for every MU, especially in Piercing (Ethereal too, but meter dependent), so she KNOWS what to and what not to do.

Once she starts conditioning, truthfully, you're playing at her pace. If you're patient, she'll just keep chipping you and CHOOSE if she wants to 50/50 you or not. If you play offensively, her roll, EXroll, and EXFade for Ethereal, WILL force you to relax or else you'll eat a punish. If you don't armor, she'll have a ball. If you do, she has F1 or she can bait it and punish.

If you know the MU, you have to fight the player, not her.

TheGabStandard

Some points I will throw in that may help.

- s2 xx Ex Roll is a true 50/50 with that and 21 so to be honest it is a guess, although usually Mileena should be going for the low option (21U4) more often to condition you blocking low before going for the overhead. However, the counter to that is if you read 21U4 is coming, armour through the gap between 1 and U4 to teach the player they cannot abuse that string against you. That way Mileenas will less likely go for that string or will make the 2 xx Ex Roll more predictable.

-F2 xx Ex Roll is not a mix up as there is no low to at that moment in time unless they are doing Low Sai after F2 (which is super risky). So you should be stand blocking.

- F12 xx Ex Roll is imo a 50/50 between Ex Roll and B4. Just have to guess.

- The bully string B12 can be low profiled with a d3/d4. So if the Mileena does B12 into another B12, do your low poke inbetween the strings to get advantage.

Outside of that you just have to pick up on player tendencies, see how risky they are and make sure to punish any mistake/unsafe move as hard as you can.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Whats funny is that I've actually done this a LOT when trolling online idiots lol. I didn't think much of it at all since it hardly moved her forward or back at the pace I would do it. It seems like every character can, but at different speeds when you input the down or back input depending on the startup of their animations. Kitana's is stupidly fast because she starts quickly from the first frame.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'

keep poking at me bro. those ex rolls are fresh out of the oven :)

You kinda described her core lol. On top of that, she's really playing the opponent more than the MU. She has tools for every MU, especially in Piercing (Ethereal too, but meter dependent), so she KNOWS what to and what not to do.

Once she starts conditioning, truthfully, you're playing at her pace. If you're patient, she'll just keep chipping you and CHOOSE if she wants to 50/50 you or not. If you play offensively, her roll, EXroll, and EXFade for Ethereal, WILL force you to relax or else you'll eat a punish. If you don't armor, she'll have a ball. If you do, she has F1 or she can bait it and punish.

If you know the MU, you have to fight the player, not her.
Some points I will throw in that may help.

- s2 xx Ex Roll is a true 50/50 with that and 21 so to be honest it is a guess, although usually Mileena should be going for the low option (21U4) more often to condition you blocking low before going for the overhead. However, the counter to that is if you read 21U4 is coming, armour through the gap between 1 and U4 to teach the player they cannot abuse that string against you. That way Mileenas will less likely go for that string or will make the 2 xx Ex Roll more predictable.

-F2 xx Ex Roll is not a mix up as there is no low to at that moment in time unless they are doing Low Sai after F2 (which is super risky). So you should be stand blocking.

- F12 xx Ex Roll is imo a 50/50 between Ex Roll and B4. Just have to guess.

- The bully string B12 can be low profiled with a d3/d4. So if the Mileena does B12 into another B12, do your low poke inbetween the strings to get advantage.

Outside of that you just have to pick up on player tendencies, see how risky they are and make sure to punish any mistake/unsafe move as hard as you can.
Thanks A lot guys.
Try to react to mileena, well nope ex roll on me. Trying use my 9 frame mid after -5, nah bruh mileena rolls. What bout f12b4 into low sai or ex roll, can I fuzzy or react?

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
Thanks A lot guys.
Try to react to mileena, well nope ex roll on me. Trying use my 9 frame mid after -5, nah bruh mileena rolls. What bout f12b4 into low sai or ex roll, can I fuzzy or react?
if ur so worried about low sai, remember that the payoff is not worth the risk being taken. the hit advantage sucks so u can poke me on hit. just stand block for ex roll. only time u have to be worried is if u have to guess when ur health is nearly depleted. that's when u should be more worried about it. am i saying eat low sai all day? not necessarily, but if i have meter then ur interests need to be placed blocking high.

and bruh, don't forget u have a b12 as well.

I suggest playing her for a week or so. No joke. You'll see just how much she risks to get going.
Especially vs good rushdown characters like Liu Kang.

Mehhhhhhh, why does she need buffs if she has options for everything
Risk is too great for this game as she is.

TheGabStandard

keep poking at me bro. those ex rolls are fresh out of the oven :)
That might be my favourite post of the year loool

Thanks A lot guys.
If they are Ex Rolling after 21U4 then bait it by either waiting and block the Ex Roll for a punish,or jump over after blocking 21U4 so Mileena wastes the bar and resets the neutral instead of poking back. This though is a player tendency that you have to pay attention to and adapt to.

F12B4 to Low Sai/Ex Roll I doubt can be fuzzy guarded (might be wrong) but it would be best to just stand block. If you get hit by Low Sai/Ex Low Sai Mileena is only +2/+3 respectively so doesn't gain a lot if anything depending on who she is facing.

Mileena doesn't care bout +2. Its soo hard to condition her, she just goes over everything. Her risks pay off.
Wha? Roll doesn't beat low pokes at +2. Sure, she can make matches look lopsided if she's always guessing right. But that's any matchup.
No one here thinks she's garbage. But imagine if Roll and Teleport were safe and you'd have top tiers, lol.

I'm telling you, try her out. Worst case scenario is you like her and join our cause.