What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Black Knife

AKA Blank
I notice they didn't change her EX teleport in Ethereal. Am I missing something with that? I can't tell if meter burning it actually does anything, but it isn't getting changed in any patches.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
I notice they didn't change her EX teleport in Ethereal. Am I missing something with that? I can't tell if meter burning it actually does anything, but it isn't getting changed in any patches.
No you're not missing something, EX teleport does nothing but a flash on the screen to make it look pretty. I doubt it will get changed until a future patch. I'm treating the one we got yesterday as stuff that NRS wanted to implement before release but couldn't get them done in time

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Rather annoyed about nothing being done to EX Fade, it's like they dont want you to use Ethereal haha.

Pretty pleased apart from that though honestly wouldn't change anything now. Tele being safe on hit is a huge load off our backs, but please fix EX Fade.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Rather annoyed about nothing being done to EX Fade, it's like they dont want you to use Ethereal haha.

Pretty pleased apart from that though honestly wouldn't change anything now. Tele being safe on hit is a huge load off our backs, but please fix EX Fade.
It would be nice, telekick bug still exists but that's not surprising

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
@james1926
@ZeroEffect

Don't trust the frame data with stuff like projectiles and teleports. See for yourself. Set the AI to jump and connect your hit while they're grounded. You'll see you jump much earlier in both scenarios.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
loving the new changes in the patch :D
interesting to see high pounce changed from -6 to -7 in the frame data now. still a few her normals that wrong though as mentioned

now all nrs need to do is make EX ethereal fade have a use and we're set :DOGE

Yeah, I noticed 123 was slight advantage. (Never tried 12 by itself). But the problem is, outside of a blocked JIP, I rarely get anyone to block it since it's a High starter.

itsmeMOB

Mileena's back!
Scorpion main here trying to pick up Mileena as a secondary character. So far, I know how to use her Piercing variation a bit to know what I'm doing to win some games but I want to expand myself with her. I've been reading what's safe and what isn't and learning her combos but I feel like I can do more with her or something is missing that I can't do yet. Any tips that are crucial for me to know?

Also, I'm not sure how to complete this part of these combos yet:

F343 xx TK xx air sai, F2 xx Roll, B21 2+4 (41% - no meter)

F343 xx TK xx air sai, run xxF23 xx Roll, B21 2+4 (43% - no meter)

F343 xx TK xx air sai, Roll, B21 2+4 (39% - no meter)
I'm not sure if it's timing after the air sai into her roll, but I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Last edited:

Sami

Noob
So as I'm on the PC and can't test this. Can someone provide the full details of the tele-kick changes?

1) Telekick on block with no follow-up is still punishable?
2) Telekick on block followed by air sai still punishable? Does the air sai connect if the telekick is blocked?
3) Telekick on hit with no follow-up still punishable?
4) Telekick on hit with air-sai follow-up still punishable?
5) Can you continue the combo after telekick into air sai on hit?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
So as I'm on the PC and can't test this. Can someone provide the full details of the tele-kick changes?

1) Telekick on block with no follow-up is still punishable?
2) Telekick on block followed by air sai still punishable? Does the air sai connect if the telekick is blocked?
3) Telekick on hit with no follow-up still punishable?
4) Telekick on hit with air-sai follow-up still punishable?
5) Can you continue the combo after telekick into air sai on hit?
1-3 yes
4 no
5 no but you can ex to get + frames

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Safe on hit. By itself on block isn't but you can air sai to stay safe.
air sai does nothing to make telekick safer.
air sai mad minus on block and and even though ex sai is alot better on block theres a gap between sais that can be blown up.

if you did telekick~sai on block and weren't punished, its that you got away with something you shouldnt have.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
air sai does nothing to make telekick safer.
air sai mad minus on block and and even though ex sai is alot better on block theres a gap between sais that can be blown up.

if you did telekick~sai on block and weren't punished, its that you got away with something you shouldnt have.
You can also be punished before you get the sai out due to having to wait to drop to the right height