What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
So her changes are good for me! (Though they should really do something about her overhead.) Has anyone figured any of the unlisted changes? I was told by a few "ins" that she some of the characters have some unlisted changes?

Also, for everyone going to Combo Breaker or if anyone is. I will there and plan on hitting Top 8.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
So her changes are good for me! (Though they should really do something about her overhead.) Has anyone figured any of the unlisted changes? I was told by a few "ins" that she some of the characters have some unlisted changes?

Also, for everyone going to Combo Breaker or if anyone is. I will there and plan on hitting Top 8.
I haven't found any changes besides a few frame data corrections. Good luck. Most people shrug this character off so here's to showing them what the fuck is up.

Ninjaguy446

all I have is the Green

Good luck! Show everyone what the Empress can do. :)

I'll be at SJ, NEC, and WB to rep Mileena.

Last edited:

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I won't be able to make ComboBreaker, but I plan on going to MWC, SJ, SCR, TFC, & NEC. Maybe EVO if I can register in time.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
How are you guys working with option selects? So far, I can only get them to work when they either block the whole string or eat it the whole string. Only one hit hitting (F12-B4) won't work.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
How are you guys working with option selects? So far, I can only get them to work when they either block the whole string or eat it the whole string. Only one hit hitting (F12-B4) won't work.
I haven't had much success with the option selects yet. It's probably because my timing is off, but when I try I often end up canceling my Ball Roll.

JDE

I check with Auto Block on & then set it to "Always block" to make sure that my inputs don't come out.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I haven't really done them online in matches but in practice b12 roll OS works for me. Some ppl I've heard said they like doing "whatever string into special" and input dd block. But just inputting dd for me is easier than dd block.

Ram

Buluc Chabtan
hey guys, this is kind of off-topic, but is it possible to dash-cancel out of her fade move in Ethereal as you are waiting to teleport?

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I haven't had much success with the option selects yet. It's probably because my timing is off, but when I try I often end up canceling my Ball Roll.
I've found that you have to buffer out the Roll command very late. Pretty much around the time it would come out.

I haven't really done them online in matches but in practice b12 roll OS works for me
I have the same problem with B12. It's either eat the whole string or block the whole string. If they block the B1 but get hit by 2, Roll doesn't come out.

Holy shit.
I am having a reeaalllly tough time getting IAS (instant air sai) to come out consistently.
I actually started trying to use the left analog and just hitting Up and doing an 270 degree motion and it was working somewhat better.
But man I would end up losing rounds off of whiffing NJPs, lol.

@james1926
@ZeroEffect

Don't trust the frame data with stuff like projectiles and teleports. See for yourself. Set the AI to jump and connect your hit while they're grounded. You'll see you jump much earlier in both scenarios.
Does the AI jump on frame one after I hit?

I tested and you can actually do a 50/50 before AI jumps. Which means tele on hit should be around +16. Did Mileena receive such a huge buff or do I get this wrong?

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Holy shit.
I am having a reeaalllly tough time getting IAS (instant air sai) to come out consistently.
I actually started trying to use the left analog and just hitting Up and doing an 270 degree motion and it was working somewhat better.
But man I would end up losing rounds off of whiffing NJPs, lol.
If you have Input Shortcuts on you can do either

1. U, UB, B, F, 1
2. U, DB, D, DF, 1

Both should make it easier to do IAS

If you have Input Shortcuts on you can do either

1. U, UB, B, F, 1
2. U, DB, D, DF, 1

Both should make it easier to do IAS
Yeah I had shortcuts on after awhile. I'll probably get it down once I'm able to just sit down in training mode for an extended time.
You think maybe Alternate Controls would make it easier instead? Like a Street Fighter motion?

Edit: I also play Hollywood Cass and instant airguns is the same input, lol

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
I have yet to fight against Jason. So I still don't really know what to do against him yet. I'll probably have to take some of your notes and use them.
I honestly feel that slasher Jason is really tough for mileena, mileena has a hard time opening some characters up when they decide to turtle and that's what Jason is best at- plus he has more range than she does in that variation

JDE

I feel like Piercing in general is a very strong variation for her (like it the best). That & Ravenous (if you want to play more offensively & get a little more damage). For the most part, she's a lot better than what 1st believed that she was going to be. Especially with her fixes now. I'm glad I decided to play her. Hope that she will take me far in the scene.

In Ethereal, you lose more than you gain. She still has combos that will reach like 28, 29, or 30% meterless, but it seems like that you have hold onto meter even moreso than the variations. I mean you do have fade which you could use to avoid attacks & then on wake up with a knockdown, you can force an opponent to whiff & then land a big damaging combo (with meter), & frustrate an opponent, but in the neutral, her overall game plan doesn't mount up like Piercing or Ravenous in terms of what you want to do. I mean B12 & F1 are similar to those. So I just feel like it's another option to avoid attacks & for wake ups.

& @Arkayne us Milly players have to stick together :cool:

Last edited:

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Can anyone go onto PS4 version and see cr.3 hit or block Instant NJ1 (blocked) still hits on the way up and makes the opponent block? This is something I've been using a lot for pressure and it's really good!

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
@Sulfur So playing Piercing would be the best option in that matchup right? It seems like it. : \

@JDE awesome! Can wait to see what you guys got!
Nope, tbh I'd recommend to use ravenous against Slasher Jason. Piercing gives her no benefit to the matchup at all.
Piercing is strong against the other 2 tho.

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
In terms of pressure and opening people up, I've been using a lot of pokes; and it seems to be working about as well as it did in MK9 ... People are still getting as frustrated. Unfortunately, the D4 is ass when it comes to range this time and nothing is really + on block.

I've been pressuring with 123, 21U4 and F12B4 using D4 after some of the strings. The issue is that at 10f [or 9 if you'd prefer D3], the poke is slow and the faster characters can just mash out their faster combo starters. The pressure game is BAD this time, but it's still there. It just relies on a lot of conditioning. Mileena still feels like the queen of mind fuck being able to cancel so many things into Roll and have multiple lows in her strings. 21U4, F12B4, F44. I feel like I start winning more the longer the sets are because I have a longer period to get inside the other guy's head.

I'm not having any luck with either Ravenous or Ethereal variations. I'm a dirty, dirty low sai spammer and I just feel gimped without it. lol. My biggest issue with Mileena is not safety, but speed. It's becoming increasingly hard to find openings to "punish" when people are constantly at -6 or -8 after a string. It's frustrating because her kit feels like it would great for punishing if she had anything fast enough to abuse those frame gaps.