What's new

The Kommunity was built on ft10 wins

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Just a re-post since the contagion seems to be spreading everywhere and needs to be stopped. Not sure who thought this was ok and why, it's not and we need to get back to our roots and fix it back to normal. last time I checked a unanimous or at least majority rules vote was needed to change one of the kommunity's decided rules. This decision was made by a group and can not be un-done by singular individuals, much less new people who think they can play MK9 as their very 1st MK game, and come up into the Kommunity and run shit like some type of God or something. Just here to say, we're going back to ft10 conditions permitting. Get back into the habit and spread the word.

Someone quits one you before ft10 call them a ragequitter and put them in the "this person ragequitter on me" thread. This is what I am doing from now on so don't act surprised if i do it to you for failing to abide by the kommunity's rule set. I'm ol' skool for life.

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/topic/115853-this-kommunity-was-built-on-ft10-wins-basis/page__view__getnewpost

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
So if I don't play ft10 on someone online I'm labeled as a rage quitter? I suppose I have a vagina as well?

I usually play someone who wants to keep playing, if they lose I'll wait for them to decide, if I lose I'll most likely say "Yes" and try again. If I say "No" then it's because, someone else wants to fight, the connection was horrible enough to the point where I can't even nail "b312, b312." or I had to go.

Besides, (most) rules were meant to be broken.

I thought this guy was banned...

I'm not sure what you mean, AREZ. ft10 may have been the standard back during the UMK3 MKD/MKA days, but it's not anymore. For most money matches nowadays in MK9 it's nearly always a ft3 or ft5.

Am I understanding correctly that you want all "serious" non-tournament matches to move to a ft10 standard? If so that's totally cool and I'm down to discuss it, but I just wanna make sure I'm understanding you correctly as your post seems more directed to blowing up people who weren't around in those days instead of trying to bring change to the community. Just my 2c

Squeaker101 Sage Leviathan

Stop. AREZ may be a dick sometimes but that gives you no right to immediately be hostile towards him. All that does is bait him and everyone involved gets upset. Don't even go there. He's a person who loves the game just like everyone else here does, let him talk about something he thinks is important and discuss it with him instead of blowing him up without putting any thought into it yourselves.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do

Stop. AREZ may be a dick sometimes but that gives you no right to immediately be hostile towards him. All that does is bait him and everyone involved gets upset. Don't even go there. He's a person who loves the game just like everyone else here does, let him talk about something he thinks is important and discuss it with him instead of blowing him up without putting any thought into it yourselves.
I wasn't hostile at all...

I also had a legit answer to this thread, unlike my friend Sage.

REO

Undead
I'm not sure what you mean, AREZ. ft10 may have been the standard back during the UMK3 days, but it's not anymore. For most money matches nowadays in MK9 it's nearly always a ft3 or ft5.

Am I understanding correctly that you want all "serious" non-tournament matches to move to a ft10 standard? If so that's totally cool and I'm down to discuss it, but I just wanna make sure I'm understanding you correctly as your post seems more directed to blowing up people who weren't around in those days instead of trying to bring change to the community. Just my 2c
AREZ is referring to the MKD and MKA days.

Every thing back then was done in a first to ten fashion at bare minimum. This included casuals, money matches, and even tournaments.

A good example is this video:

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Those were really old rules Arez. The community was also alot smaller back then and everything was soley based on online play. Not to mention MK9s netcode is so bad can you blame people for only being able to stomach it in small doses?
I agree Rob, BUT the actual game itself is 10x better. I just don't see it being worth while to play unless you're going to get a decent set out of your opponent. Ft5 is like a cigarette break at work or the amount of time it take coffee to brew. If you're playing someone who destroys you 5 matches straight and you don't even get a round off them, you A.) want more a chance to try haarder and adapt and B.) need more time obviously if you haven't got a round in 5 matches......ft5 can be pretty damn quick, bro. And personally, i think if the people follow the basic internet rules - hardwired ethernet, good upload speed, no multiple components sharing bandwidth etc, MK9 runs just fine online. I actually very SELDOM have matches that render unplayable, even at a great distance, when people use this, tbh.

Thank you Frothy, I'm not really going to respond much to the negativity so i trust you'll just use your better judgement as you have in these previous posts. My issue is that ft10 changed to a ft5 and i still don't know how it happened. We have softened up and let the kommunity kinda make up new rules every 10 minutes these days, rather than just follow the guidelines that were established over 5 years ago. Sure you can update the constitution but not without good reason and a unanimous vote......majority yields exactly just this - half of us play ft5 and don't even KNOW it's supposed to be ft10, while the other half of us play ft10 and wonder why so many people quit before we even get our warm-up going. It's not just me, but I know alot of people who take a while to get in their groove, so my question is,.....wouldn't you rather your opponent playing their best , rather than half-assed?

Honestly the only time I do FT10 is if I msg the person beforehand, and even still I usually have to keep tally on a piece of paper because it's kinda easy to lose track lol
LOL I just count...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.....but your method works too :) I think mine has more of a scientific approach though :p

No, but seriously, just act like it's tennis or Ping Pong and say the score out loud before every match. i found that's the easiest way and effortless.

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
First to 10 online, who cares. And what if he wins 7 in a row, im gonna call him a ragequitter? Normaly we all just play sessions. So every guy I play vs I have to say first to 10 or I won't play? I fail to see your point. Also you ALWAYS FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT ONLINE, and how it means shit. But I guess now it does. Especially when they quit before anyone has won 10 matches.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
First to 10 online, who cares. And what if he wins 7 in a row, im gonna call him a ragequitter? Normaly we all just play sessions. So every guy I play vs I have to say first to 10 or I won't play? I fail to see your point. Also you ALWAYS FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT ONLINE, and how it means shit. But I guess now it does. Especially when they quit before anyone has won 10 matches.
The one and ONLY point is so that you get enough MU experience. it's not for the competitive edge. Idc about online....the only thing I find it useful for is getting familiar and learning MUs. I have Offline for when I want to take MK9 seriously....and the only reason I'd have a problem w/ people leaving early is because I'm getting cheated out of experience. Do you know there are STILL MUs I have no idea what to do in? Thanks, FT5.
I don't even keep track when i play people. We get ready and next thing i know it's been an hour already lol
Which is totally 100% fine.....an hour is easily enough time for a ft10, maybe ft20.....the issue is the little quick shits that take a few minutes then they move on to play someone else. You sound like the type of person I'd enjoy playing. I just find it completely redundant to play ft5 that was pre-arranged....you could do a ft5 to warm up THEN play a ft10 (which almost always yields different results), but I dont even see a reason to PLAY if all they want is a quick ft5 LOL. What are people even PLAYING the game for if they are so anxious to leave? lmao It just another one of those flaws in the kommunity that makes absolutely no sense and is totally SDRAWKCAB in logic

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I just play until the other person doesnt want to anymore or i have priority somewhere else at that moment (friends asking to hangout, dinner, Madden Franchise etc.)
edit: the average time i play with someone is about an hour

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Ill play ft5 or ft3 because I get bored unless I'm playing against friends. If I get labeled a rage quitter I don't care. Post in the thread that I rage quit after beating you 5-0. Sounds like a grand idea.