What's new

The Kommunity was built on ft10 wins

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Ft10s are good when trying to gauge out MUs and stuff.
Exactly. That's the whole purpose of making threads like these. Obviously you can see many of the people who have replied take online entirely too seriously instead of using it for what it is actually good for.....gaining experience, learning how strings and mix-ups hit (high, low, mid), learning MUs, practicing how to land combos under pressure, etc. Of those people I don't care much to play with the ones who take it that seriously, but I'd much enjoy playing those who understand it for what it is - a learning experience.

FT10 gives people time to learn , commit things to muscle memory and understand things since more time is spent playing and the fact that you may not even be conscious that it is happening, but it IS in fact transferring into your muscle memory. LBSH, we simply can't take this game seriously online ftmp regardless of who would like to, which is why we HAVE Offline and tournaments, why we have people who so kindly host casuals at their houses and things of the like. The entire concept of playing Easytobeat or Doomsdaychaos back in the day to a ft5 was retarded cuz they would just completely destroy any opponent to the point where you were left wondering "WTF just hit me?" Some players are robotic in a way that many can't keep up with and learn at a ft5 pace, therefore that is part of why the kommunity made a ft10 set-rule. When people started playing those few top players that set the learning curve 20,30,50+ matches in a row, the results were incredibly obvious in a matter of very little time.

Obviously there isn't going to be any real "punishment" , but ultimately the kommunity just punishes themselves by not allowing others that chance to learn more and level-up, thus creating larger skill-gap and delaying improvments. High-level players were always viewed is leaders in the kommunity and they would always play and play and play, and help and give advice as well. This is not the case anymore and I strongly feel that getting back to our roots will further help the kommunity to grow as a whole, increase the general skill-level and get us back to the people who actually used to LIKE each other before all this keyboard drama took over. So many grudges and resentments just push people further apart instead of making us function more like a kommunity willing to help each other improve.

Dayum. Everyone's panties are so in a bunch all they can do is counter troll a thread that isn't even a troll thread. And people wonder why I petitioned for the Outworld Remonstrate to be created.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why does it have to be a ft10 though? When I play online I just play until I don't want to play anymore, or if I have to go. I'm not going to be forced to do a ft10 just because it's polite. I do agree though, that if you're gonna play someone from TYM, that you play more than a couple of games. That is, of course, if it isn't laggy.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Why does it have to be a ft10 though? When I play online I just play until I don't want to play anymore, or if I have to go. I'm not going to be forced to do a ft10 just because it's polite. I do agree though, that if you're gonna play someone from TYM, that you play more than a couple of games. That is, of course, if it isn't laggy.
Well, i mean think about it, isn't the whole purpose of playing the game to PLAY the game? I don't recall a time you ever played less than ft25 tbh, so I don't see the big deal, it wouldn't pertain to people like you, and above all, UMK3 player would be the LAST people that need to concern themselves with it, ftmp....when we go, we go HARD. All in all, it IS kinda of a respect/polite thing, and i'm sure many people agree, "Why you gonna have me even turn my shit on for a quick little 5 matches?" If they aren't from TYM/MKU I couldn't possibly expect them to know any better so it's irrelevant, but I can think of no reason why we can't encourage them to do so. There is really nothing to lose and everything to gain from it.

Dayum. Everyone's panties are so in a bunch all they can do is counter troll a thread that isn't even a troll thread. And people wonder why I petitioned for the Outworld Remonstrate to be created.
And i think that's an excellent example of how what used to be the kommunity now stereo-types and attacks people w/out even really understanding things 1st. It's like it's not even a kommunity anymore, but more like a bunch of little cliques who stick together and back each other up on everything according to people, not "right and wrong". That is not how a kommunity works.

GhosT

Noob
Well, i mean think about it, isn't the whole purpose of playing the game to PLAY the game? I don't recall a time you ever played less than ft25 tbh, so I don't see the big deal, it wouldn't pertain to people like you, and above all, UMK3 player would be the LAST people that need to concern themselves with it, ftmp....when we go, we go HARD. All in all, it IS kinda of a respect/polite thing, and i'm sure many people agree, "Why you gonna have me even turn my shit on for a quick little 5 matches?" If they aren't from TYM/MKU I couldn't possibly expect to know any better so it's irrelevant, but I can think of no reason why we can't encourage them to do so. There is really nothing to lose and everything to gain from it.
I see your point.. but if you play five matches, and win all five in a row. its safe to say you gonna win the ft10 anyway.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Well, i mean think about it, isn't the whole purpose of playing the game to PLAY the game? I don't recall a time you ever played less than ft25 tbh, so I don't see the big deal, it wouldn't pertain to people like you, and above all, UMK3 player would be the LAST people that need to concern themselves with it, ftmp....when we go, we go HARD. All in all, it IS kinda of a respect/polite thing, and i'm sure many people agree, "Why you gonna have me even turn my shit on for a quick little 5 matches?" If they aren't from TYM/MKU I couldn't possibly expect them to know any better so it's irrelevant, but I can think of no reason why we can't encourage them to do so. There is really nothing to lose and everything to gain from it.

And i think that's an excellent example of how what used to be the kommunity now stereo-types and attacks people w/out even really understanding things 1st. It's like it's not even a kommunity anymore, but more like a bunch of little cliques who stick together and back each other up on everything according to people, not "right and wrong". That is not how a kommunity works.
Yeah, there was a thread similar to this and it was pretty surprising. These new players think leaving after one match is acceptable.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Ah... the days of ft10 in MKD/MKA. I both loved and hated them. I was glad that my opponent didn't leave after one game, but was left hanging when the 10 wins happened and they left ;_; ... If I have time, I will play until my eyes bleed and ft10 is NOT ENOUGH.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I see your point.. but if you play five matches, and win all five in a row. its safe to say you gonna win the ft10 anyway.
Again, I wish I could explain this better, but that is one of the most common misconceptions when it comes to gaming. Many people take much longer to warm up and adapt...you are looking at it from a competitive point of view...i need you to stray away from that to see the logic in this for a moment. Take for example my last series in MKA w/ Eazytobeat: We did a full roster of 57 characters, no re-picks.....I didn't even get my 1st win until we already played well over 15 matches or so, but it also ended up being my best series against him ever (42-15, him). Yes i got more wins as time progressed, but it wasn't because I was catching onto his patterns and strategies (no re-picks), or because he was getting tired (we both played the same time), but simply because I needed more time to adjust and get my fingers working properly. The same goes for any game when playing a high-level player....people are different and we should treat people according to that....we don't all learn, improve, adjust and warm-up at the same rate.

Think of Football or Basketball....some teams reserve their strength and strategy for the 2nd half and make miraculous comebacks from a seemingly unbeatable deficit. These are very real life situations that happen everyday that we can convert to Sirlin-esque knowledge and philosophy. People just need to be willing to understand it for it to work - otherwise we are merely throwing valuable tools in the trash.
Ah... the days of ft10 in MKD/MKA. I both loved and hated them. I was glad that my opponent didn't leave after one game, but was left hanging when the 10 wins happened and they left ;_; ... If I have time, I will play until my eyes bleed and ft10 is NOT ENOUGH.
I KNOW ft10 is not enough, but it's a start LMAO....Lemme just see if I can work this in baby-steps for now, then we'll see about raising the standard after that :p
Funny thing is, after that 57 set w/ Eazy, after our 57th match, I selected "yes" at the rematch screen LOLOL

GhosT

Noob
AREZ God of War

If it makes u feel any better, when im playing friends or people from TYM i generally play a lot more than ten games anyway, win or lose. I cant stand KOTH not only cuz it lags even worse than normal, but i like to get my reps in.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I disagree with ft10 being the standard, but I respect your opinion anyways.
Unfortunately for new members like you and probably half of the remaining kommunity, this was decided by the pioneering kommunity a long time ago (in excess of 5 years). It has worked thus far, so who believes they truly have the right to change what has been set in place by unanimous kommunity vote in excess of 5 years now? These standards were already in place for several years when I MYSELF was a noob back in 2008. it is the reason we became high-level in the 1st place. Whether you agree or disagree it was always this way, and then was changed without going through the proper steps to do so which is why we have this little dilemma right now. I respect your opinion, but the way the change was made wasn't right...it was just kinda like a bogarding where people basically said "Fuck you guys, we're doing what we want and there's nothing you can do about it". Well, here I am and I'm trying to do something about it.

I respect your opinion, but I would like to hear reasons for why you have that opinion, tbh. I can't think of anyway that it would be beneficial to anyone, so go ahead....I'm listening.

Also, your sig is God-like.