What's new

The Injustice League Podcast: Episode 4 Featuring KDZ and Pig of The Hut

LMAO

The amount of backbreaker jokes I've had directed at me has at least hit the 15 mark by now. It was torn up, not broken btw haha.

Pretty bummed I had to cancel SCR, was insanely hyped to go. The issue isn't the back anymore, I just can't play basketball/do physical activity again for about 6 weeks lol. But I just can't get the time off work since I missed a bit, and would have to fly out on Friday which won't work.

On the bright side, looking forward to UFGT

KDZ's downplaying of prepatch F23 about an hour and a half in is kind of frustrating to listen to, because I really think he's overlooking a crucial part of the metagame. Even putting aside the fact that his trait limited the option to MBb3, the real problem was that F23 pressure started the second the words "Begin" popped on the screen. By the time the opposing character even had meter to burn they were already in the corner, and at that point it was basically GG. The problem with prepatch F23 was that, in a game which is hugely momentum based, Superman always had all the momentum he needed to snowball his way to victory every single time.

Also as far as flash goes, I'm going to roll with top 5. If not top 5, I'd say that I can definitely see a flash winning a major in the future. Why? bcuz he doesn't have a losing 7 3 matchups and with dat damage/ large array of tools, it is bound to happen. Also DJT picked up the flash as well, more will pick him up later on for sure, mark my words.

LEGEND

YES!

And Sabby, please add the "D3 low profiling everything Superman does" to the WW matchup thread and adjust it to 4-6 please. KDZ has convinced me.
even though you can wiff punish it with B1 for up to 5x the damage that it will ever do to you?

even if you don't want to space the B1-scoop you get B1-breath or a divepunch punish no problem. And if you are up close its not like her D3 goes under your D1

Note that after F23-breath on block you are at the perfect distance to wiff punish D3

LEGEND

YES!
KDZ's downplaying of prepatch F23 about an hour and a half in is kind of frustrating to listen to, because I really think he's overlooking a crucial part of the metagame. Even putting aside the fact that his trait limited the option to MBb3, the real problem was that F23 pressure started the second the words "Begin" popped on the screen. By the time the opposing character even had meter to burn they were already in the corner, and at that point it was basically GG. The problem with prepatch F23 was that, in a game which is hugely momentum based, Superman always had all the momentum he needed to snowball his way to victory every single time.
i don't see this timestamped, is this just in general throughout the whole episode?

even though you can wiff punish it with B1 for up to 5x the damage that it will ever do to you?

even if you don't want to space the B1-scoop you get B1-breath or a divepunch punish no problem. And if you are up close its not like her D3 goes under your D1

Note that after F23-breath on block you are at the perfect distance to wiff punish D3
Yeah, I often do B1 scoop for WW players who do not know the matchup but it just adds another layer into the "mixup". The main problem for me in this matchup is that she can duck under a consecutive f2 if she blocks the f2 of f23 breath standing and the rest crouch. Meaning she does not even need to risk a d3 and can punish for full combo if the superman player dares to pressure her. Sometimes I feel like I am the only one truly feeling the pain of the nerfed f2. At least KDZ knows.

Honestly, a ranking system might not work well. The only real issue I'd have is that some can't go to as many tournaments as others, so just because a player has had more chances which resulted in more for example top 8 results, obviously they'll be ranked higher, but that wouldn't truly show a player ranking for tournament players since some get to go to more than others (a known example, the East Coast has way more regionals/majors than pretty much every region/coast. But either way, it is a ranking system, it doesn't mean a player of higher rank is better than the other player of lower rank, it just means that they got cold hard results that can be used to show success they have had.

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Honestly, a ranking system might not work well. The only real issue I'd have is that some can't go to as many tournaments as others, so just because a player has had more chances which resulted in more for example top 8 results, obviously they'll be ranked higher, but that wouldn't truly show a player ranking for tournament players since some get to go to more than others (a known example, the East Coast has way more regionals/majors than pretty much every region/coast. But either way, it is a ranking system, it doesn't mean a player of higher rank is better than the other player of lower rank, it just means that they got cold hard results that can be used to show success they have had.
Well you can't blame that on the players who travel. No one in this community has a lucrative sponsor getting them to every Major; people just travel to the ones closest to them and the biggest ones in their opinion. No one should be penalized for utilizing every opportunity to place and acquire points with their own money. Yes, as 16 Bit puts it, "East Coast has a Big E Major every month. " but I'm sure people are aware of that and will take it into account when comparing to a WC person, but the same argument applies in reverse. Why is it fair for someone who goes to 2 Majors a year to flaunt accomplishments against, for example, a guy from Atlanta whos traveled to 8 and placed in 6? That's not a good way to measure consistency.

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Also as far as flash goes, I'm going to roll with top 5. If not top 5, I'd say that I can definitely see a flash winning a major in the future. Why? bcuz he doesn't have a losing 7 3 matchups and with dat damage/ large array of tools, it is bound to happen. Also DJT picked up the flash as well, more will pick him up later on for sure, mark my words.
oh lawwd !!

Well you can't blame that on the players who travel. No one in this community has a lucrative sponsor getting them to every Major; people just travel to the ones closest to them and the biggest ones in their opinion. No one should be penalized for utilizing every opportunity to place and acquire points with their own money. Yes, as 16 Bit puts it, "East Coast has a Big E Major every month. " but I'm sure people are aware of that and will take it into account when comparing to a WC person, but the same argument applies in reverse. Why is it fair for someone who goes to 2 Majors a year to flaunt accomplishments against, for example, a guy from Atlanta whos traveled to 8 and placed in 6? That's not a good way to measure consistency.
but how can you measure a west coast's players consistency when they have only a few tournaments around them? I'm just saying that for a ranking system, it will not work that well because not everyone can get to multiple tournaments. Yeah it can measure consistency, but that'd be about it. There are too many high lvl players who don't get to showcase their skills as much as others. Also I'm not saying penalize those who are able to travel more, it is just a ranking system. Nothing but results utilized, so I'm fine with that. I'm just saying what I'm saying because ppl will be like "Why is X player not on this list even tho they are as good as those on the list". Overall, I say make the system because it is a good way to track tournament players results. I'm not against it :p.