What's new

The Injustice League Podcast: Episode 4 Featuring KDZ and Pig of The Hut

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
@Zyphox delivering was the biggest thing that happened for Injustice at WB

Are we really dissing him for popping off after every health bar?

He couldn't get a single word in the community without "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" being thrown in his face.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Yes, I have to be objective here. How would you feel if you won or placed in a stacked Major, and people told you that you played no one significant to get there? It's disrespectful to you, and the competition that made it as far as you did.
So? I wouldn't care. The placing is what matters. Other people would be saying the same if they were in those shoes. And if it is a fluke, it wouldn't happen again and the points wouldn't place me amongst the top of EVO. It'll be irrelevant. I placed top 8, they didn't. I couldn't help which pool I was placed in...neither could they. They would be better off slandering the venue for how the pools ended up.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
@AK Pig Of The Hut I've heard you say you've loved Zod since you were 4 years old several times now. I'm actually really curious what version of him you saw that got you so interested in the character. I only ask because most of the times I've seen him in comics and such I was always kinda underwhelmed, so I was wondering if there is some arc of something that you were particularly impressed by, or if you just liked him in the cartoons/original Superman movie franchise.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
@AK Pig Of The Hut I've heard you say you've loved Zod since you were 4 years old several times now. I'm actually really curious what version of him you saw that got you so interested in the character. I only ask because most of the times I've seen him in comics and such I was always kinda underwhelmed, so I was wondering if there is some arc of something that you were particularly impressed by, or if you just liked him in the cartoons/original Superman movie franchise.
I'd wager to guess he's talking about Superman II Zod. Those movies were awesome back in the day.

Related Interview

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Superman II

I thought superman was such a dweeb/dork and loved what ZOD was and instantly knew he was my guy

StevoSuprem0

Superman II

I thought superman was such a dweeb/dork and loved what ZOD was and instantly knew he was my guy
Lol yeah, I do hate how lame Superman is usually done. Zod generally is what Superman would be if he wasn't such a "boy scout". I can respect that answer :). I have this thing about movies from that era where if I didn't watch them when I was little, I HATE watching them for the first time now for some reason, except in a few cases. Looking forward to watching you tear it up at SCR/Final Round!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Lol yeah, I do hate how lame Superman is usually done. Zod generally is what Superman would be if he wasn't such a "boy scout". I can respect that answer :).
I think it can be an issue with DC comics in general. A lot of the characters are pretty 1-dimensional. They've made efforts to infuse them with more depth over the years, but the basic archetypes for a lot of the marquee characters are pretty straightforward.

Imo that's one the reasons Batman is so popular; his character has all kinds of wrinkles in it and he's pretty fascinating. If it'd been "he's a man, with Bat wings! And he's really strong!" I don't think he'd have as many fans.

Even when I think about characters like the X-Men (Marvel's poster children) a lot of them are pretty quirky.. They're not necessarily "good guys", just people -- and their powers are just limited enough to need each other. I think it helps a lot with the storylines. Even Iron Man, not being superhuman and always being 1 step away from going down in flames, holds a lot more interest for a movie than "this guy is really fast! Like faster than everybody! Even faster than light!"

Anyway, short rant, but yeah :)

StevoSuprem0

I think it can be an issue with DC comics in general. A lot of the characters are pretty 1-dimensional. They've made efforts to infuse them with more depth over the years, but the basic archetypes for a lot of the marquee characters are pretty straightforward.

Imo that's one the reasons Batman is so popular; his character has all kinds of wrinkles in it and he's pretty fascinating. If it'd been "he's a man, with Bat wings! And he's really strong!" I don't think he'd have as many fans.

Even when I think about characters like the X-Men (Marvel's poster children) a lot of them are pretty quirky.. They're not necessarily "good guys", just people -- and their powers are just limited enough to need each other. I think it helps a lot with the storylines. Even Iron Man, not being superhuman and always being 1 step away from going down in flames, holds a lot more interest for a movie than "this guy is really fast! Like faster than everybody! Even faster than light!"

Anyway, short rant, but yeah :)
I agree completely. I kinda dislike Batman generally, but it's more because of how universally liked he is (yeah, I'm one of those); both he and his rogues gallery are awesome to read and watch in the cartoon. I've always been a big Flash fan, the Barry Allen series since he was resurrected has been awesome.
I've always been more of a Marvel guy, but since both universes rebooted, honestly, things are pretty even in my opinion, for better or worse. I think one problem is alot of people are only really exposed to the big stories and huge teams (JLA/Avengers) and EVERYONE is really watered down in those stories. Like, I can't even READ JLA because Flash and the others are just so lame, but their individual stories are generally really good lately. Just gotta read the right stuff :).

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
One day... maybe one day i'll try to practice my combos so I can actually do them. Considering I sold my copy last june.. this causes an issue. Maybe I can theory practice combos???

SonicFox5000

The Best.
No the first couple of games were input errors since my F2 comes out in 7 frames but even if I input error on df2 I can literally just click mb on the last frame and still ex it. Its really easy to reeact to when you see you hit it lol. Yeah my gameplay didnt change but I was dropping combos that I hit on the daily lol. But I cant downplay my win, you easily outsmarted and outspaced me so Ill just run it back lol.

No the first couple of games were input errors since my F2 comes out in 7 frames but even if I input error on df2 I can literally just click mb on the last frame and still ex it. Its really easy to reeact to when you see you hit it lol. Yeah my gameplay didnt change but I was dropping combos that I hit on the daily lol. But I cant downplay my win, you easily outsmarted and outspaced me so Ill just run it back lol.
That OS!! If it hits, I'm godlike! If it was blocked, uhhh input error. Don't worry, youre still the best of slut fighter Dead or alive <3

Finally some one is real about Superman. I feel that everyone that has talked about him either up-played him or downplayed him. KDZ matchups were pretty much the same as mine and I can agree with most of his points unlike Theo. Superman definitely has problems post patch with the characters he mentioned and his analysis of said matchups were great.

As far as the Orochi and Viking thing goes, Orochi sold his 360 months ago and only has it when he can borrow one. He is mostly on KI but has started back into Injustice for his tournaments coming up. He will do well at Final Round in both games.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@KDZ Arma was losing to Superman week after week for months. It's reasonable to ask why he thinks Batman wins when the results showed otherwise. He said he was getting out played and I accepted the answer. I know how match ups work, it's not some blowup of the NRS community.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
And I stand by DJT as NRS player of the year. As Pig said, the award was for both games. KDZ was hands down the IGAU player of the year but DJT was MK's best player and also had a great EVO for IGAU. That puts him over the top. No favoritism.