What's new

The Injustice League Podcast: Episode 2

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
@9.95 We need to clearly state that these are the thoughts of @SwiftTomHanks alone, he wasn't speaking on behalf of the podcast and its members, just himself. I do agree with what you're saying though as far as entertaining both sides.

@DarthArma We should definitely get Big E's side of it.
@Emperor DMS You should edit the timestamps or put a disclaimer somewhere that lets people know that the statements made by SwiftTomHanks are his own, at not the podcasts' collective thoughts.

Noob
@9.95 We need to clearly state that these are the thoughts of @SwiftTomHanks alone, he wasn't speaking on behalf of the podcast and its members, just himself. I do agree with what you're saying though as far as entertaining both sides.

I know that. Andrew and I have talked and he knows I disagree with a boycott but won't stop him from doing it, LOL.

I just hope that you know why I call this an irresponsible way of reporting. Both sides should be represented equally, and if one can't come on and the other can, AT LEAST make the other side aware.

Kitana Prime

I know that. Andrew and I have talked and he knows I disagree with a boycott but won't stop him from doing it, LOL.

I just hope that you know why I call this an irresponsible way of reporting. Both sides should be represented equally, and if one can't come on and the other can, AT LEAST make the other side aware.
I do know and agree with that 100%.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I started listening to this and had to stop.

First and foremost, to all my friends involved in this, I tell you the truth because I RESPECT you enough to do so rather than be a scumbag and lie to you.

First, I have to address what I believe is a completely irresponsible way of "reporting" this, and yes, this is directly aimed at the broadcasters of the podcast. If you wanted to treat this fairly, why was Big E himself not made aware of this podcast, your intention to report on it (in what you knew would be a negative tone), or given an opportunity to come on and have an open discussion as opposed to what seems to be out and out mud raking?

Next, why is it that NOBODY has talked to Big E directly regarding these problems? I hear about the problems and people posting and talking about the problems, but let me say that in all the time I have been involved in Big E events, all I had to do was discuss something I was unhappy with him DIRECTLY and he did his best to resolve it.

Why did nobody go to him directly? Why did nobody have the balls to stand in his face and say, "Eric, I was completely dissatisfied with your tournament and here is why..." Why instead did you decide to go on a podcast to voice your opinion BEHIND ERIC'S BACK and not say it DIRECTLY to the SOLE person with the power to change it? I'm confused as to why it was handled this way instead of with a direct and open dialogue with Eric himself.

Why would anyone talk about someone's business like this? Generally when you're unhappy with a product, you go directly back to the store/manufacturer, etc. and you speak with the manager/owner to discuss your displeasure, the options available to you to resolve this and how future products can be improved. Speaking with Me or other TO's means you're saying it to SOMEONE, but in the end, unless you've said it directly to ERIC then you haven't said it to the right person.

Am I defending a bad tournament? No. If NEC was sub-standard (I wasn't there) compared to the rest of Eric's tournaments, then by all means, Eric should be addressed (by the people who are unsatisfied) in an attempt to rectify the situation. But the only way you're going to get the answers you're looking for is if you talk to the RIGHT person.

I wish this had been more well thought out before presenting this situation to the public this way. This is a clear cut case of creating drama that could hurt someone's FINANCES and BUSINESS, and that simply isn't right, especially when you left him out of the loop.
basically this is everything i had on my mind that i couldn't put into words. with that being said, you guys have legitimate concerns but are going about it the wrong way.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

@Emperor DMS You should edit the timestamps or put a disclaimer somewhere that lets people know that the statements made by SwiftTomHanks are his own, at not the podcasts' collective thoughts.
I did an hour ago.

Kitana Prime

I realized late. Alert brought me straight to the post...thanks for blowing me up though

;)

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

I agree. We were told 5 minutes before going live that he's coming on. Arma invited him and stated that in the previous page.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I wasn't trying to blow you up, LOL. That certainly wasn't my intention.
I have just contacted Big E to solve things. CrimsonShadow will be organizing a list of concerns the EC Injustice community has and relay them to him directly.

Noob
I have just contacted Big E to solve things. CrimsonShadow will be organizing a list of concerns the EC Injustice community has and relay them to him directly.
With all due respect to @CrimsonShadow I think that he's the wrong person do relay these things to Eric.

Crim, you don't attend events, and while you may be the right person to collect the data and lay it out, the people to present it to Eric should be the same people who have a problem with his events.

Sorry, but I don't send my mom in to Subway when they make my sandwich wrong. I go in myself, and this should be handled the same way.

Reactions: 7L

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
With all due respect to @CrimsonShadow I think that he's the wrong person do relay these things to Eric.

Crim, you don't attend events, and while you may be the right person to collect the data and lay it out, the people to present it to Eric should be the same people who have a problem with his events.

Sorry, but I don't send my mom in to Subway when they make my sandwich wrong. I go in myself, and this should be handled the same way.
Well if those people are being irresponsible and avoiding the problem, what do you expect? Someone has to get it done, and I'll do it my damn self if I have to. I'm from Nashville but I still go to all these events and know what the main issues are.

Before anyone gets excited about J Wong playing Doomsday, I asked him how hype he thought IGAU was, and he said "cement drying".

Noob
Well if those people are being irresponsible and avoiding the problem, what do you expect? Someone has to get it done, and I'll do it my damn self if I have to. I'm from Nashville but I still go to all these events and know what the main issues are.
But that's the point. Again, I mean no disrespect to @CrimsonShadow I just think that when there's a problem or concern, I think it's better when they hear it directly rather than through someone acting as an agent.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
I'd hazard that anyone planning on going to SwiftTomHanks's has been around the block a few times. It's not like this is just something from last NEC, and honestly it's not just an Injustice/NRS thing. Good luck getting close enough to a Street Fighter or Marvel game to watch it, and people running pools are just as "in the trenches". Big E may not be aware of some of the specifics of this Injustice tournament, but he has to be aware of the general state of affairs.

Part of it is trying to run every game there is, like Chemist said, and part of it is that stuff is just plain expensive around these parts. (Even if the TO gets a break on the venue for filling rooms, people put 6 people in a room because they're expensive, and then you're back to running more games to try to get more people.)

Although SwiftTomHanks is billing it as a boycott party, in my mind it's really House Party > Major.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I don't even know what to really say about this whole situation, but if someone would like to hear my side of things i'll be glad to talk on Skype. I am practically shock's right hand man these days at these events and I support Big E's tournaments (have been since 2011). I also consider STH one of my best friends of this community.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I'd hazard that anyone planning on going to SwiftTomHanks's has been around the block a few times. It's not like this is just something from last NEC, and honestly it's not just an Injustice/NRS thing. Good luck getting close enough to a Street Fighter or Marvel game to watch it, and people running pools are just as "in the trenches". Big E may not be aware of some of the specifics of this Injustice tournament, but he has to be aware of the general state of affairs.

Part of it is trying to run every game there is, like Chemist said, and part of it is that stuff is just plain expensive around these parts. (Even if the TO gets a break on the venue for filling rooms, people put 6 people in a room because they're expensive, and then you're back to running more games to try to get more people.)

Although SwiftTomHanks is billing it as a boycott party, in my mind it's really House Party > Major.
its not that complaints/concerns that i have a problem with. i have a problem that nobody talked to the man directly and just decided to pop off on the internet about stuff that has been going on for a continued period of time. i had a very strong suspicion that nobody talked to him beforehand because hes a pretty reasonable guy and not ONCE in the entire interview do I recall them saying "Big E said this or that." in all honesty, the complaints/concerns are legit. 100% legit. but doing things this way is more likely to burn bridges than anything else.