What's new

The Injustice League Podcast: Episode 2

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I remember him having to fight Jupiter in the first round on stream. It was quite unfortunate.
Digit was the guy who put me into Losers. The Shazam Mirror fucking Sucks. And Digit didn't seem to understand the MMH MU that well. VS Jupiter who knows how to play it from playing against me so much.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Sweet Podcast.
Unfortunately I am no longer participating in the tourney. Traveling to an offline regional tomorrow. I donated my spot

But yeah, MMH and Zod are up my sleeve...

Crathen

Death is my business
On the d1xxTR talk , i've said you can backdash that in the DTH thread with the obligationary #Kappa , the only character that can backdash and punish d1xxMB TR while mashing forward is non-debuffed Bane , other characters can interrupt it like Batman with trait out or Zod w trait out , or anyone with a parry but i still know that's mostly a read so it doesn't take out how strong the move is.

For further clarification , no he can't backdash punish a d1xxTR ( mashing forward ) as 1 stab will hit and make Aqua safe but if Aqua does that then he can get punished by 113 , that's if he doesn't have trait.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Enjoyed the podcast :D

As far as MLG.. They have millions of dollars in Venture Capital funding. They could actually afford to lose money on each event because they had a ton of money sitting in reserve for their longterm plan. They also had the kind of sponsors that only that level of exposure can bring; big name companies that paid a premium to advertise, donated setups and games, and supported MLG through cobranding. In addition, they had SC2 and LoL (now DotA) bringing in millions of viewers.. Their FG division was actually a loss, but the other games subsidized it.

The end result is that your $40 paid to enter the MLG venue could not even come close to covering the cost of the actual event. But it wasn't supposed to.

Grassroots stuff is a different story.. Your money is actually going directly to cover the costs of putting on the event you're attending. This isn't to say that there are a lot of things that can't be improved; but MLG and organizations like it are not really a fair comparison at all.

Last edited:

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Yo, @SwiftTomHanks I'm totally going to your place for the boycott party. I've been pretty fed up with cramped Philly tournaments for a long time.
I told Jaxel when [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600861]his shit [/url] went down that the worst thing that could happen for organizers is for people to show up to hang out in hotel rooms playing casuals, not bother to enter the tournament, and save their venue fees. Yet Philly tournaments continue to do nothing for the average player and not a whole lot for anyone else either.

"Akuma's fucking bull shit" - @DarthArma
Who'd you main in SF4 again?

4x4lo8o

Noob
I think people are missing an important implication of the incomplete meta thing, and it's turning into a bunch of stupid, obvious talk about different character representation between scenes.

A lot of people keep saying how this game is so great since the last patch, the balance is so good, look at all the characters in top 8. That's all great, and seeing the characters we have in top 8 has been awesome but there's a problem.
This game has a lot of bad match ups. 3-7's or hard 4-6's or whatever you want to call them. Match ups where the characters on the screen are almost as important as the people playing them.
The bad match ups are pretty well spread out. A lot of characters in the upper half of the tier have one or two. The otherside isn't nearly as well distributed. A few characters have more than their fair share of 7-3 match ups. Everyone knows what characters I'm talking about. But for some reason we aren't seeing too many of those characters.
For example, look at KiT top 8. How many of those would have had a problem if you'd replaced their opponents if finals or their pool with, say, a high level Aquaman player?
So where the fuck are the good players playing Aquaman? We're starting to see it. Look at that Rico Suave Aquaman.

@EMPEROR_THEO, you mentioned your scene not having a Bane and how that's bad for you. It's true, but it's different than something like GGA not having a Superman.
I have a Bane. It's very new, but I was planning to use him at WNFs and was thinking he'd be a new main for me eventually. Then first match I got Slayer. I don't want to play Ares in the match up, but I'm not gonna debut my Bane against Superman. Not match is Batman. Same thing. Don't like the match up with Ares, but I have a ton of experience and that's hard for Bane. 3rd match was Batman again. My last match was Scorpion. I really REALLY did not want to use Ares in that one, but why the fuck would I use Bane? I almost just went Aquaman.
Would someone at GGA have a similar experience if they were working on picking up Superman? I doubt it

I think this is closer to what @EGP Wonder_Chef had in mind when he was originally talking about the incomplete meta

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yo, @SwiftTomHanks I'm totally going to your place for the boycott party. I've been pretty fed up with cramped Philly tournaments for a long time.
I told Jaxel when his shit went down that the worst thing that could happen for organizers is for people to show up to hang out in hotel rooms playing casuals, not bother to enter the tournament, and save their venue fees. Yet Philly tournaments continue to do nothing for the average player and not a whole lot for anyone else either.

"Akuma's fucking bull shit" - @DarthArma
Who'd you main in SF4 again?
Jaxel showing everybody everything about the FGC Illuminati.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I think people are missing an important implication of the incomplete meta thing, and it's turning into a bunch of stupid, obvious talk about different character representation between scenes.

A lot of people keep saying how this game is so great since the last patch, the balance is so good, look at all the characters in top 8. That's all great, and seeing the characters we have in top 8 has been awesome but there's a problem.
This game has a lot of bad match ups. 3-7's or hard 4-6's or whatever you want to call them. Match ups where the characters on the screen are almost as important as the people playing them.
The bad match ups are pretty well spread out. A lot of characters in the upper half of the tier have one or two. The otherside isn't nearly as well distributed. A few characters have more than their fair share of 7-3 match ups. Everyone knows what characters I'm talking about. But for some reason we aren't seeing too many of those characters.
For example, look at KiT top 8. How many of those would have had a problem if you'd replaced their opponents if finals or their pool with, say, a high level Aquaman player?
So where the fuck are the good players playing Aquaman? We're starting to see it. Look at that Rico Suave Aquaman.

@EMPEROR_THEO, you mentioned your scene not having a Bane and how that's bad for you. It's true, but it's different than something like GGA not having a Superman.
I have a Bane. It's very new, but I was planning to use him at WNFs and was thinking he'd be a new main for me eventually. Then first match I got Slayer. I don't want to play Ares in the match up, but I'm not gonna debut my Bane against Superman. Not match is Batman. Same thing. Don't like the match up with Ares, but I have a ton of experience and that's hard for Bane. 3rd match was Batman again. My last match was Scorpion. I really REALLY did not want to use Ares in that one, but why the fuck would I use Bane? I almost just went Aquaman.
Would someone at GGA have a similar experience if they were working on picking up Superman? I doubt it

I think this is closer to what @EGP Wonder_Chef had in mind when he was originally talking about the incomplete meta
That sounds like a personal problem and nothing to do with an incomplete meta. What does it matter who you debut your character against? If you want that character to be a main or secondary you would want to get as much MU experience as possible, even if you stand no chance in the MU. I didnt really understand this part, if you lack experience in the MU that should be all the more reason to play it out.

As for your first part, really the only characters with multiple 7-3s are the bottom 5, most mid tier and up characters have mostly 4-6s with maybe 1 really bad MU. That is actually how it is in most games.

And finally, this incomplete meta thing is stupid without further proof. GGA has won two major tournaments already with unexpected characters. If west coast puts 8 supermans in the SCR top 8, then we can talk.

4x4lo8o

Noob
That sounds like a personal problem and nothing to do with an incomplete meta. What does it matter who you debut your character against? If you want that character to be a main or secondary you would want to get as much MU experience as possible, even if you stand no chance in the MU. I didnt really understand this part, if you lack experience in the MU that should be all the more reason to play it out.

As for your first part, really the only characters with multiple 7-3s are the bottom 5, most mid tier and up characters have mostly 4-6s with maybe 1 really bad MU. That is actually how it is in most games.

And finally, this incomplete meta thing is stupid without further proof. GGA has won two major tournaments already with unexpected characters. If west coast puts 8 supermans in the SCR top 8, then we can talk.

I mean, yeah me not being able to use Bane is obviously a personal problem(not even a problem, I'm happy with the players I ran into), but it was just an example to show that there's probably a reason why Socal doesn't have Bane, but the reason that other scenes aren't full of Supermans and MMH's like Socal is much less obvious

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

GGA only won NEC. Max got 2nd at KIT.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Is Batman hard for Bane? I was just watching Max and King go about 5-5 in casuals. Who knows.

My issue with the "complete meta" talking point is the implication that because of the characters we use we shouldn't hype our players up or talk matchups and tiers. That's a lack of respect I won't stand for, not after the work we've put in and the results we've achieved. Wonder Chef can act all passive aggressive and non confrontational since this blew up but that's what he said and I've posted quotes. Fuck that noise. I'm not going to let a guy who's constantly hyping up his local players and constantly hyping up characters he personally struggles against try to play meta police and decide who can and cannot talk about this game. That's the bottom line.

I haven't had time to listen to this episode but I will!

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Also can we stop pretending Bane is overrated because he may lose to Superman? WNF has one full time Superman player. Somehow this means Max can't compete at WNF? Catwoman has been getting bodied by Bane lately, I still win GBS all the time. Slips will beat Max then I beat Slips. Just like if Max was at WNF regularly he may struggle against Slayer but beat guys that beat him. Who knows. We don't even know if Superman is this unwinnable mu.