What's new

The fate of Mortal Kombat 9's online services? A response by Ed Boon.

been playing mk9 online majority of this month and the peak hours in the lobbies have a higher amount of people than injustice does on psn so i am glad to see it ain't getting canned for people who still enjoy playing it.

CRKFIEND

Noob
some ngga? show some respect!

@CRKFIEND is the best stryker XBL has ever seen!
LOW TIER REPRESENT! :DOGE Thanks for the shoutout pal! I just wish I played the console versions more often. I find myself playing the Vita version over any of the others. I'm glad Ed responded to my tweet though (I RARELY use my twitter). I messaged him about it over 3 weeks ago, and I never heard anything back.

Oh, I'm also a big fan of the CRKFIEND photo bomb by OP. that needs to happen on more threads...

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Also, am I the only one still wanting a UMK9? I mean, MK10 will be nice and all. But I REALLY love MK9's simple mechanics and meter system. It seriously just needs re-tweaking balance-wise and all the bugs and glitches. Maybe make the graplers true graplers but other than those things, the game is equally fun to play and watch. Near perfect.

Oh, and good online

CRKFIEND

Noob
Also, am I the only one still wanting a UMK9? I mean, MK10 will be nice and all. But I REALLY love MK9's simple mechanics and meter system. It seriously just needs re-tweaking balance-wise and all the bugs and glitches. Maybe make the graplers true graplers but other than those things, the game is equally fun to play and watch. Near perfect.

Oh, and good online
Funny you mention that... I've always seen MK9 as a reincarnation of MK3 gameplay-wise. I would be perfectly happy with UMK9. In all honesty though, I think MK10 will be UMK9 at heart.

I'm assuming it will kind of be like how MK:Deadly Alliance paved the way for MK: Deception. We've got the solid base from the first game, now time to work out the kinks...

Even though MK:DA wasn't a solid base.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Funny you mention that... I've always seen MK9 as a reincarnation of MK3 gameplay-wise. I would be perfectly happy with UMK9. In all honesty though, I think MK10 will be UMK9 at heart.

I'm assuming it will kind of be like how MK:Deadly Alliance paved the way for MK: Deception. We've got the solid base from the first game, now time to work out the kinks...

Even though MK:DA wasn't a solid base.
If that's the case, I would be VERY happy. But Boon has said before that if he were to do a MK10, he'd want new things.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
What about the other MK games that use Gamespy servers? Why are people only concerned with MK9? You should support MK, not just the tournament scene.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah I guess you're right, however it really depends on the people you find. In my experience, pretty much 80 percent of the players I find have horrible connections.
Yeah you gotta admit though the online is way better than the console version when it works and you find someone with a good connection. On consoles, when you found someone with a good connection it did not feel nearly as good as the PC version does. You are right though it is all about finding the right people to play in the end.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Yeah I guess you're right, however it really depends on the people you find. In my experience, pretty much 80 percent of the players I find have horrible connections.
Yeah you gotta admit though the online is way better than the console version when it works and you find someone with a good connection. On consoles, when you found someone with a good connection it did not feel nearly as good as the PC version does. You are right though it is all about finding the right people to play in the end.
lol for sure but honestly i think most of those ppl that we do have problems connecting with, don't have the right specs on there pc. like if u look in the forums on steam u see all these guys with problems with potatoe computer/gpu setups and are wondering why its not working lmao. if you have a decent comp with the right requirements, that game has no issues. i've never had any issues or seen my friends with good comps have issues either.

When we played the other day, I thought it was great (minus that first match, which was like oddly laggy for some reason lol)

lol for sure but honestly i think most of those ppl that we do have problems connecting with, don't have the right specs on there pc. like if u look in the forums on steam u see all these guys with problems with potatoe computer/gpu setups and are wondering why its not working lmao. if you have a decent comp with the right requirements, that game has no issues. i've never had any issues or seen my friends with good comps have issues either.
Yeah I've noticed that sometimes when you play people with shitty rigs, that it actually lowers the framerate for both players in the match. Feels like playing in bullet time.

But my rig is pretty badass as I custom built it for audio engineering and gaming on the side lol

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
When we played the other day, I thought it was great (minus that first match, which was like oddly laggy for some reason lol)

Yeah I've noticed that sometimes when you play people with shitty rigs, that it actually lowers the framerate for both players in the match. Feels like playing in bullet time.

But my rig is pretty badass as I custom built it for audio engineering and gaming on the side lol
Yeah it all felt alright to me. The only problem I have still is d1 cross ups online really and that is pretty much always going to be a problem.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Yeah it all felt alright to me. The only problem I have still is d1 cross ups online really and that is pretty much always going to be a problem.[]
I can do it with Rain online Lol but mainly because his d1 is awesome. It's more difficult to do it with the other characters I use.

Yeah it all felt alright to me. The only problem I have still is d1 cross ups online really and that is pretty much always going to be a problem.
At this point you pretty much just have to read cross ups and njp like instantly lol. I tried doing anti crossup rolls with mileena many-a-time and in the end you just have to settle for less damaging options because of online execution barriers...