What's new

The Death of Zoning in Injustice: GAU

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pick WW, use shield stance, -4 projectile.
Not good enough. Shazam's teleport is not good enough. Neither is Batgirl's. Nor Scorpion's. These scrubs will not quit until NRS adds a "disable projectiles" button, which you may see in the next MK game.

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
So do these so called "Zoning character" have rushdown? I'd love to see more forced rushdown against the DLC characters or on most of the cast or are they "not meant to zone"? I doubt it. And let's face it. No matter how much you all cry about the changes NRS are making, you will keep playing, learning, and trying to win in this game however way possible. Even if it means not being able to zone like you wanted. You're just going to have to approach some match ups differently afraid to say.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
been a member for a month and I notice that M2dave is the biggest crybaby on this site and I bet he is a mod.... you guys have great taste in mods on this site:rolleyes:

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
NRS "We will not be patching Injustice as often as we patched MK9"

Injustice breaks record for four patches in less than 2 months which MK9 only had like 1 or 2.

To be fair, Injustice's "Patches" aren't really full blown patches.

We had one real "patch" and it was more so just bug fixes and some character alterations but not a full cast thing.

All the other tweaks have been gameplay mechanics or like single move adjustments. Nothing severe in the meta or the actual game has occured...unless you are a Deathstroke player.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hopefully after Batgirl and Scorpion releases, Zod will be some godly combination of Kenshi/Freddy to reign Lord of The Zone.

To be fair, Injustice's "Patches" aren't really full blown patches.

We had one real "patch" and it was more so just bug fixes and some character alterations but not a full cast thing.

All the other tweaks have been gameplay mechanics or like single move adjustments. Nothing severe in the meta or the actual game has occured...unless you are a Deathstroke player.
The wake up game has changed dramatically.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
NRS "We will not be patching Injustice as often as we patched MK9"

Injustice breaks record for four patches in less than 2 months which MK9 only had like 1 or 2.

^^^^^ This. And apparently getting 5 or 6 more.

Yesterday, I got viable wake-ups and a buffed Sword Flip.
Tomorrow, I could have no Low Shot, a D2 that's a Pit Fatality, and Wonder Woman's tiara.

Welcome to Injustice :coffee:.

Also: I understand your point, m2dave , even if next to no one else does.

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
The wakeup game was fixed so that players can actually do them instead of mashing when they're on the ground hoping it would come out during active frames.

Now it's as intended.

Before the patch I could only mash bf ones, as the timing was very odd for the get up animation.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Im not even going to read this thread because most of you probably dont even understand what zoning actually is. Especially dave.
I read bits and pieces. But I agree with your comment. A number of players don't understand what zoning is. Essentially, it's a process to control space. You can do it actively or passively. It doesn't necessarily have to be with a projectile. The goal is to control your opponent's movement so your in the best possible position to punish your opponent. You can do it with pokes, special moves, or whatever is in your character's arsenal. You're trying to shut down their offense.

When used appropriately it's a beautiful thing. I don't agree with the opinion that zoning is dead. You don't can't be predictable with it.

Cosmic_Castaway

Flying Grayson
Not good enough. Shazam's teleport is not good enough. Neither is Batgirl's. Nor Scorpion's. These scrubs will not quit until NRS adds a "disable projectiles" button, which you may see in the next MK game.
And scrubs like you won't stop complaining until everyone is miserable like you and making terrible threads like these.

Stay free.

Sent from the Batcave

Xenrail

Noob
the characters you've listed have decent footsies. minus cyborg. now you're forced to stop using your guns and actually play the game. stop the hissy fit

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
I read bits and pieces. But I agree with your comment. A number of players don't understand what zoning is. Essentially, it's a process to control space. You can do it actively or passively. It doesn't necessarily have to be with a projectile. The goal is to control your opponent's movement so your in the best possible position to punish your opponent. You can do it with pokes, special moves, or whatever is in your character's arsenal. You're trying to shut down their offense.

When used appropriately it's a beautiful thing. I don't agree with the opinion that zoning is dead. You don't can't be predictable with it.

I was done when he said that cyborg has no footies

Goldi

Noob
I love m2dave threads. He knows exactly what to say to rile everyone up, but does it subtle and classy enough not to get into trouble lol

... Long thread. I just skimmed over it, but what struck me was the re-learning this game every few weeks. Maybe I'm just bitter because I got nerfed, but yea, it is disheartening to think "why am I practicing this combo? They're gonna patch it out. This isn't the same game we'll be playing at EVO. I was doing well, but this is vanilla version/my character is broken/ it's because of the stage it will probably be banned..." Just so much... Doubt.

I seriously miss putting a disc in a console (or maybe a cartridge - I'm pretty freaking old) and everything that was there at purchase was all that ever would be.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Wow. Some of the people posting here SMH. I may not always agree with Dave, but you guys are fools if you think he doesn't know what he is talking about. There is always some truth in what he is saying...even when trolling. He has been playing FGs for a long time... show some respect.

As for this game, zoning has been hurt a lot. With DS nefs and the removal of Cyborgs IANB hitting mid, two of the zoners took a hard hit. Sinestro got buffs.. but his particular zoning style is easy to get around with a lot of the character tools.

I agree that zoning in this game is much less effective than in MK. Kabal, Freddy, and Kenshi could all be considered zoners and low and behold they could all also be considered top 5 characters. Right now, there is no top 5 zoner in Injustice,U nless you count superman that is.... which means zoners will not really be able to compete at the highest level unless they have a secondary. And no one likes to pick up a character just so they can face tough match-ups. People want to be able to play the characters they like, in a playstyle they like. If they cant then it is a perfectly legitimate reason to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.