What's new

The Death of Zoning in Injustice: GAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah cause seeing Kabal block inf you up close with 999 normals cancelled into a special over and over, seeing Cage players spam f3 over and over, seeing Kung Lao fly all over the screen and check you with jabs constantly, seeing Sonya lock you in frame traps from sweep with d4~ms was so AWESOME and FUN to watch.

/Sarcasm

No it made the game look retarded and super dull
MK9 is retarded and super repetitive. I don't know how Perfect Legend managed to win but random tele 3ing everybody to death but he did it. I was in the crowd and that shit was scandalous. Lucky for the game nobody watching who didn't play that game (95% of them) knew why that was bad.

But at the very least characters frame trapping eachother all day resembles a fighting game. You know what gas blast xN, clone xN, spectral sword xN, Freddy claw xN ect all look like? It looks like a fucking low rent shmup.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
LBSH,

I don't think pure zoning is dead. You just got 2 more hard matchups. A lot of characters just tacked on another difficult matchup...to illustrate this with DLC purely in mind and my character:

Nightwing
Batgirl - Unfavourable
Scorpion - Even/advantage. To early to say really.
Lobo - Advantage.

I am assuming this is the loadout for Deathstroke and Sinestro in regards to DLC.

Deathstroke
Batgirl - Unfavourable
Scorpion - Unfavourable/still to early to tell
Lobo - Advantage.

Sinestro
Batgirl - Unfavourable
Scorpion - Unfavourable/still to early to tell
Lobo - Advantage.

I am sure there will be more pure rushdown characters introduced/more zoners via DLC. You will win those matchups. It is way to early to say that a whole style of play is irrelevant based upon two new bad matchups.

MK9 is retarded and super repetitive. I don't know how Perfect Legend managed to win but random tele 3ing everybody to death but he did it. I was in the crowd and that shit was scandalous. Lucky for the game nobody watching who didn't play that game (95% of them) knew why that was bad.

But at the very least characters frame trapping eachother all day resembles a fighting game. You know what gas blast xN, clone xN, spectral sword xN, Freddy claw xN ect all look like? It looks like a fucking low rent shmup.
Yeah mindless teleport spam, scrubby frame traps, and mashing high priority normals up close sure does make a fighting game shine! Gosh I hope you never become a developer because your game would be thrown in the bin just like Donkey Kong Battle Rumble.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Can't tell if trolling or super bad with batgirl. Batgirl vortex is better then KF (or equal at worst) and she CAN go into 40%+ from teleports
Lol, which batgirl are you playing? Damaging scaling on smoke bomb is so ridiculous even with 3 meter (after the meter used for smoke bomb) you're not gonna get to 40%. Also, her pressure sucks. She has t-rex arms on almost all her normals.

Also, just because zoning isn't effective against two characters in the roster does not mean it is dead. It means those two match ups must be played differently. Also, I don't know where these 7/3 and 8/2 match ups are coming from because sinestro/deathstroke vs. batgirl is not 7/3.

Even if it were that bad a match up, it doesn't invalidate zoning, it just means that zoning is not a great tool to use against those two characters. Likewise, it doesn't invalidate those characters, just means they have some bad matchups. If you want your character to be like superman with 0 bad matchups, THEN PLAY SUPERMAN. Stop whining about how you can't zone two characters and either counter pick yourself, or learn the matchup.

The nature of any fighting game with unique characters is that some characters will have advantageous match ups against other characters. It's not like your playing hawkgirl who gets completely wrecked by sinestro or lex, you jut can't zone as effectively anymore.

Learn to adapt; or don't - I don't really care either way.

Saffa

Noob
Yeah thats why all these zoning characters like Sinestro Cyborg and Deathstroke have been winning majors. We dont see Batmans Supermans Black Adams Green Arrows DoomsDays etc. rushdown mix up characters winning tournament majors. /Sarcasm
Well, Sinestro and Deathstroke HAVE won big tournaments.

I have not seen a Doomsday win.

U sure that was sarcasm?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Lol, which batgirl are you playing? Damaging scaling on smoke bomb is so ridiculous even with 3 meter (after the meter used for smoke bomb) you're not gonna get to 40%. Also, her pressure sucks. She has t-rex arms on almost all her normals.

Also, just because zoning isn't effective against two characters in the roster does not mean it is dead. It means those two match ups must be played differently. Also, I don't know where these 7/3 and 8/2 match ups are coming from because sinestro/deathstroke vs. batgirl is not 7/3.
Batgirl's pressure is fantastic. I don't feel confident putting numbers on it yet, but it is absolutely by far Deathstroke's hardest matchup. If he has a 7/3, Batgirl is fucking it. Learn your own character, that shit is a fucking nightmare for DS.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Yeah thats why all these zoning characters like Sinestro Cyborg and Deathstroke have been winning majors. We dont see Batmans Supermans Black Adams Green Arrows DoomsDays etc. rushdown mix up characters winning tournament majors. /Sarcasm
Green Arrow won one...
It was UFGT...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Batgirl's pressure is fantastic. I don't feel confident putting numbers on it yet, but it is absolutely by far Deathstroke's hardest matchup. If he has a 7/3, Batgirl is fucking it. Learn your own character, that shit is a fucking nightmare for DS.
Not denying that the matchup is in her favour, nor that it may be deathstroke's worst, just saying that the 8/2 hurrdurr was uncalled for. Also, if you continued reading, even if it was 8/2, that still wouldn't invalidate zoning, nor the character. To use SSBB, as an example, that's like saying because Ice Climbers exist, Falco is shit. No, one bad matchup doesn't make a character bad, it just means that maybe you might consider a secondary.

Even if it were that bad a match up, it doesn't invalidate zoning, it just means that zoning is not a great tool to use against those two characters. Likewise, it doesn't invalidate those characters, just means they have some bad matchups. If you want your character to be like superman with 0 bad matchups, THEN PLAY SUPERMAN. Stop whining about how you can't zone two characters and either counter pick yourself, or learn the matchup.

The nature of any fighting game with unique characters is that some characters will have advantageous match ups against other characters. It's not like your playing hawkgirl who gets completely wrecked by sinestro or lex, you jut can't zone as effectively anymore.

Learn to adapt; or don't - I don't really care either way.
Um do teleport b3 j3 d2 bola b2d3 f212db2 which is about 32% factoring in all chip and I dont EVEN play Batgirl and know the basics. You can get 40% if you combo into teleport instead of getting 32% from raw

And t-rex syndrome? Lol because having a 12 FRAME cartwheel that travels 1/3 screen, stuffs jumps, and goes into block mix ups equals no range.

Well, Sinestro and Deathstroke HAVE won big tournaments.

I have not seen a Doomsday win.

U sure that was sarcasm?
Please name me the major tournaments deathstroke and Sinestro have won.

Batman won Civil War
Black Adam won Norcal Regionals
DoomsDay won Toryuken Canada Cup
Aquaman won ECT
Green Arrow won UFGT

All major tournaments won by rushdown / 50-50 thriving characters.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Lol @ Green Arrow being a "zoning character". Yeah thats why Chris G wins by running up to people and doing 50/50 ice arrow mix ups and reptitive trap loops.

Green Arrow is rushdown and mix-up way more then he is zoning.
I didn't say he was?
I saw how he played... Are you high? You seem to be making up your own argument you don't even need me do you, You could just have an argument with yourself, Go ahead carry on I'm no longer interested in you.

Saffa

Noob
Please name me the major tournaments deathstroke and Sinestro have won.

Batman won Civil War
Black Adam won Norcal Regionals
DoomsDay won Toryuken Canada Cup
Aquaman won ECT
Green Arrow won UFGT

All major tournaments won by rushdown / 50-50 thriving characters.
Define "major" first...

I have heard of WNF but never of the Canada Cup.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Um do teleport b3 j3 d2 bola b2d3 f212db2 which is about 32% factoring in all chip and I dont EVEN play Batgirl and know the basics. You can get 40% if you combo into teleport instead of getting 32% from raw

And t-rex syndrome? Lol because having a 12 FRAME cartwheel that travels 1/3 screen, stuffs jumps, and goes into block mix ups equals no range.
That's still not 40%. Also, if you wanna argue you can get more from comboing into teleport then your argument that she can use teleport to punish for 40% is still not valid. Also, exaggeration much? Cartwheel doesn't travel 1/3 screen lol. True, it is pretty OP and can stuff shit up. I'm not arguing that batgirl isn't as good as you say she is (she is). What I'm arguing is that her being good doesn't invalidate zoning nor mean that zoning characters are no longer viable.

I didn't say he was?
I saw how he played... Are you high? You seem to be making up your own argument you don't even need me do you, You could just have an argument with yourself, Go ahead carry on I'm no longer interested in you.
Then why did you quote my post where I already mentioned Green Arrow? Lol?

Define "major" first...

I have heard of WNF but never of the Canada Cup.
Um a major are those tournamanets that usually happen ONCE a year and a ton of players from around the world travel to them? lol @ WNF being a "major". If that's a major then I guess the GGA weekly tournaments and VSM weekly tournaments and Battlecircuit weekly tournaments are majors too? Fail

Those are called locals

Saffa

Noob
Um a major are those tournamanets that usually happen ONCE a year and a ton of players from around the world travel to them? lol @ WNF being a "major". If that's a major then I guess the GGA weekly tournaments and VSM weekly tournaments and Battlecircuit weekly tournaments are majors too? Fail

Those are called locals
Oh ok coolz.
So obviously the same players don't play at these things right?

That's still not 40%. Also, if you wanna argue you can get more from comboing into teleport then your argument that she can use teleport to punish for 40% is still not valid. Also, exaggeration much? Cartwheel doesn't travel 1/3 screen lol. True, it is pretty OP and can stuff shit up. I'm not arguing that batgirl isn't as good as you say she is (she is). What I'm arguing is that her being good doesn't invalidate zoning nor mean that zoning characters are no longer viable.
Oh sorry 32% isn't 40%. If you want to get technical Batgirl can actually get up to 100%+ from your teleport since you have to factor in the fact that she can reset you and put you into a loop / vortex that can cotinue up to 4/5 reps dependent on her meter.

You want to talk about a character with no range? Try Cyborg. AT LEAST Batgirl has teleport which has technically full screen any where range. And Cartwheel has dumb range for a footsies tool. Stop downplaying

You didn't before I quoted it, everyone knows there is an edit function, it's not my fault you forgot about him and had to add it...
Then why does your post of you quoting me show that I had Green Arrow in the quote?

Fail.

You better go edit your post now so you don't look dumb. Lol

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Oh sorry 32% isn't 40%. If you want to get technical Batgirl can actually get up to 100%+ from your teleport since you have to factor in the fact that she can reset you and put you into a loop / vortex that can cotinue up to 4/5 reps dependent on her meter.

You want to talk about a character with no range? Try Cyborg. AT LEAST Batgirl has teleport which has technically full screen any where range. And Cartwheel has dumb range for a footsies tool. Stop downplaying
Lol, I'm not downplaying, read my entire post. I think she's amazing as a charcter. I just think she has poor range on her normals. What I'm saying is that her being good does not make zoning dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.