What's new

The Death of Zoning in Injustice: GAU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaym7018

Noob
Can't tell if trolling or super bad with batgirl. Batgirl vortex is better then KF (or equal at worst) and she CAN go into 40%+ from teleports

No her vortex isnt better as it does less damage every loop , with yesterday KF nerf they are closer though. And no there is no 40% combo off teleport.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Wow. Some of the people posting here SMH. I may not always agree with Dave, but you guys are fools if you think he doesn't know what he is talking about. There is always some truth in what he is saying...even when trolling. He has been playing FGs for a long time... show some respect.

As for this game, zoning has been hurt a lot. With DS nefs and the removal of Cyborgs IANB hitting mid, two of the zoners took a hard hit. Sinestro got buffs.. but his particular zoning style is easy to get around with a lot of the character tools.

I agree that zoning in this game is much less effective than in MK. Kabal, Freddy, and Kenshi could all be considered zoners and low and behold they could all also be considered top 5 characters. Right now, there is no top 5 zoner in Injustice,U nless you count superman that is.... which means zoners will not really be able to compete at the highest level unless they have a secondary. And no one likes to pick up a character just so they can face tough match-ups. People want to be able to play the characters they like, in a playstyle they like. If they cant then it is a perfectly legitimate reason to complain.
Very thoughtful post as always. From your posts in the Cyborg forum I know you're familiar with the character. Based on these recent developments do you feel Cyborg can be effective against competent players if used properly? If the answer is yes what strategies would you recommend.

I cant believe I actually heard people say that you shouldnt be able to win with zoning alone in this thread, that is pathetic
Yeah you shouldnt be able to win with zoning alone... But its ok to win with RUSHDOWN alone like everyone is praising around talking about how mashing buttons and scrubby mix ups in someones face takes so much more skill.

#HerpDerp.

Bad gamers these days. They are every where

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
Yeah you shouldnt be able to win with zoning alone... But its ok to win with RUSHDOWN alone like everyone is praising around talking about how mashing buttons and scrubby mix ups in someones face takes so much more skill.

#HerpDerp.

Bad gamers these days. They are every where
You actually had me worried for the first nine words in you sentence, God this makes me sad that some people who post here think that

jaym7018

Noob
You have to be a pretty BAD player to lose to zoners in Injustice with characters like Batgirl and Scorpion in the game. even my grandma can punish fireballs on reaction with those two

And this is coming from a Bane player...
Mods can we atart deleting idiotic posts like this. Ill use sinestro as an example his fear blast has 9 start of frames batgirls teleport has 15 frames ofstart up. How in the fuck can your grandma react in -6 frames, unless she can see into the god damn future.

Play Batman. Several patches in and he has yet to be touched. :cool:

He has been touched. Nerfed damage and trait from demo. Has holes in all his good strings. Requires trait to be good. Would you guys rather them buff his strings and make them safe while needing his trait which already goes away on pushblock. Imagine if 223 was safe lol. You guys are hilarious.

DuskAlloy

He has been touched. Nerfed damage and trait from demo. Has holes in all his good strings. Requires trait to be good. Would you guys rather them buff his strings and make them safe while needing his trait which already goes away on pushblock. Imagine if 223 was safe lol. You guys are hilarious.
Yes he is a solid and dare I say it "fair" character, the sad part is that other fair characters have been nerfed, tbh I am glad that batman wont be touched, but I am scared for the other characters

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
123 is the string for me!

(Yes, that was totally meant to rhyme. I'm a poet and didn't know it.)

jaym7018

Noob
If you guess correctly which is the case in most matchups. Every time she touches you it is a guessing game and my Batgirl loves to touch.
Vortex =/= pressure vortex=vortex. F23 breath batman with his trait and j2 thats pressure. Outside of her vortex d1 beats b1 or b2 every single time for every character in the game.

Black Adam just like batman is another character that people complain about that is fine. He has no lows really and has a shitty mixup game. People need to learn matchups and now to punish things properly. Now everyone is bitching about scorpion on day 1. This community is hilarious.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Vortex =/= pressure vortex=vortex. F23 breath batman with his trait and j2 thats pressure. Outside of her vortex d1 beats b1 or b2 every single time for every character in the game.
blockstring into cartwheel is not a vortex. When did I ever mention pressure being a vortex?

GrundyFox

I will spit on your tomb!
Wow. Some of the people posting here SMH. I may not always agree with Dave, but you guys are fools if you think he doesn't know what he is talking about. There is always some truth in what he is saying...even when trolling. He has been playing FGs for a long time... show some respect.

As for this game, zoning has been hurt a lot. With DS nefs and the removal of Cyborgs IANB hitting mid, two of the zoners took a hard hit. Sinestro got buffs.. but his particular zoning style is easy to get around with a lot of the character tools.

I agree that zoning in this game is much less effective than in MK. Kabal, Freddy, and Kenshi could all be considered zoners and low and behold they could all also be considered top 5 characters. Right now, there is no top 5 zoner in Injustice,U nless you count superman that is.... which means zoners will not really be able to compete at the highest level unless they have a secondary. And no one likes to pick up a character just so they can face tough match-ups. People want to be able to play the characters they like, in a playstyle they like. If they cant then it is a perfectly legitimate reason to complain.

Just when I thought civility was dead...

jaym7018

Noob
blockstring into cartwheel is not a vortex. When did I ever mention pressure being a vortex?
Cartwheel isnt safe if you are tossing it out to maybe get 2% from the mix up at the risk of getting full combo punished then you are a bad batgirl.

There is only one solution. Give projectiles to the projectileless characters. Truly double down on and revive zoning. Give Bane players a knife throw and an AK47. We will need it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

People seem to forget that Kabal and Kenshi had zoning tools that only like a couple characters had tools to deal with. On top of this, they had solid enough offense to combat said characters that could handle this. That is why they were the top 2 characters in the game. They weren't pure zoners to begin with, anyway, not like Freddy, Cyborg, and Sinestro are. Freddy could survive because, like Kabal and Kenshi, he had zoning most of the cast couldn't handle. Was he top 5, though? With the other characters in MK9, that's easily arguable he wasn't.

If anything, zoning is still very good, and arguably at the same level, if not better, when you consider that there are also system mechanics aiding zoners as well. MK9 didn't have that...why do you think only 1 pure zoning character was actually competitive?

DuskAlloy

There is only one solution. Give projectiles to the projectileless characters. Truly double down on and revive zoning. Give Bane players a knife throw and an AK47. We will need it.
He needs to throw a big ass sombrero like Kung Lao

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Cartwheel isnt safe if you are tossing it out to maybe get 2% from the mix up at the risk of getting full combo punished then you are a bad batgirl.
Oh, I am the worst Batgirl! All I do is strings into cartwheel. I don't have any other mind games or any other mixups or ways to do damage. Everyone just d1's me and I am just so sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.