What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

people are so quick to make snap decisions and judgements when we don't even know anything about it for sure yet, for all we know they are holding back THEE BEST brutalities for us to find out on our own... be happy with what just happen, don't go making threads dissing them...

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I wont lie, when Cassie first did hers at the end of the match I was pretty disappointed, but then they showed the trailer, explained how they work, that you can do them in combos, and there are well over a 100 of them.

I like them better then fatalities.

I understand why some wont like them, but I'm glad they are nothing like MK3 brutatlities.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
I'm not particularly impressed, but these Brutalities are basically what I wanted as an alternate option for Fatalities, so there would be a way to use them in competitive play or online beobefore your opponent can disconnect.

And they're better than those goofy-ass thousand-hit explodey ones. Seriously, guys. The only reason you would want one of those in is due to nostalgia. They were goofy as hell and not even that rewarding to pull off.
These also bring back some nostalgia factor for me, because I enjoy how the camera stays fixed like in the fatalities of the 2D days. And the fact that you can use them to end pretty much any combo at the end of a match gives them flexibility. The best of both worlds, IMO. Plus, over a hundred unique Brutalities (made even more so by being able to add them to any combo). Much better than having a canned series of hits with some crazy camera angles (THAT would be too much like the current Fatalities).

coolwhip

Noob
Yeah man, they totally ruined those dull repetitive combos (that only look like an extended combo of the combos you see mid game) which end in an over the top explosion and a horde of bones raining down from the sky. Totally ruined the nostalgia factor indeed...by giving something more interesting, and a little more creative.

I mean, some of them were kinda meh, but others (Raiden and Quan Chi) were absolutely awesome. The "kinda meh" part should be easy to tolerate once you factor in the fact that there are over a hundred of them. I'm not blown away by the concept or anything but I found it quite cool.

shig

kool guy
I think they should make at least ONE brutality in mkx that is more or less like the old ones, and the opponent explodes into like 15 ribcages

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
I wont lie, when Cassie first did hers at the end of the match I was pretty disappointed, but then they showed the trailer, explained how they work, that you can do them in combos, and there are well over a 100 of them.

I like them better then fatalities.

I understand why some wont like them, but I'm glad they are nothing like MK3 brutatlities.
Sooooo how do they work?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
The hype for this game for me went down drastically after I saw that awful brutality they embarrassingly show and expect people not to complain. It not even a brutality!!! Its a short Fatality without the flashiness

GetSpookd

#1 Enemy : Rust.
Jesus Christ you niggas really need to put down the Nostalgia Googles from time to time.
These were really good, at least made somehow sense without looking so over the top as the old ones.

Besides, we still dont know the conditions to make them happen. Sometimes even a shitty throw bait can be harder to do than a memorized button combination.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
While I agree that I was expecting something much more traditional in style, these new-age Brutalities are still pretty cool, IMO (I'm looking at you D'Vorah...). What really sells me on them is the sheer amount of them that will be featured in the full game. Here's hoping Mileena still has her neck bite.... :joker:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yeah man, they totally ruined those dull repetitive combos (that only look like an extended combo of the combos you see mid game) which end in an over the top explosion and a horde of bones raining down from the sky. Totally ruined the nostalgia factor indeed...by giving something more interesting, and a little more creative.

I mean, some of them were kinda meh, but others (Raiden and Quan Chi) were absolutely awesome. The "kinda meh" part should be easy to tolerate once you factor in the fact that there are over a hundred of them. I'm not blown away by the concept or anything but I found it quite cool.
I kinda didnt like Raiden's tbh. One of them was just a classic fatality of his and the other one was just a recycled version of Shang's classic.

I liked Quan's tho. Reminded me of Skarlet lol.

Jordy

Noob
cmon old style brutalities were just plain cheap... just a faster copy of combos with an explosion at the end: senseless. these brutalities r a completely different way to finish and humiliate your opponent, not the usual 'cutscene' like babalities, fatalities etc... loved them. anyway, the last match between the guys in the stream was so hyping that i dont know HOW TO KILL TIME UNTIL THE RELEASE? i wanna be cryogenized and wake up the 14.4.2015

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I love them. absolutely perfect. I mean tbh, if they were like old mk brutalities they would too much resemble ultras from KI. This idea is fresh while still rehashed, well over 100?! Ull never get tired of these things, better than watchin someone beat u and then doing a 300 hit ultra combo. Come on now people!

khrome

Master of The Universe
I like Brutalities more they flow better than Fatalities. And although the finish isn't brutal, u can lead it up with a brutal combo and ending it with the finisher hence why it's a Brutality.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
I disagree. I like them. You can use them as combo enders which might be the reason they decided to call them brutalities. I also like the fact that cinematics and camera angles are absent.

I just hope there are requirements linked to meter and such, e.g. two bars and full stamina bar required for a regular brutality. For more swaggy ones more requirements and harder inputs of course.