What's new

The Brutality Opinion Thread

The brutality concept was not one I cared to revisit at all. After the stream I am COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY!

They feel more like the old school fatalities I grew up with for starters. They are quick, violent, and don't have a 25 second cinematic cut scene, which makes it feel like I did it, not the game.

On top of that having to fulfill some sort of requirement during the match is an awesome thing, just like babalities in mk9.

But comboing into them? It's the best!

I can't understate how different I feel about brutalities after the stream than I did before. These are going to be amazing to see happen during a tournament and even more fun to pull one of the HUNDREDS of them out on my friends.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I overall like them. It's disappointing to not have elaborate button inputs to make them challenging to execute, but they are some pretty awesome flavor to add to the game when finishing people off, great for the tournament setting as they are pretty brief, and still require some degree of setup/good reads from the looks of it (certain conditions needing to be met before executing them, only occur with certain moves acting as the kill shot, etc.).
Not thrilled, but I'm happy with them.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
They are definitely different from the old beat em up to a pulp and explode into a million pieces ones from back in the day... which I like. I also like that there are different requirements for each one.

Definitely interested in hearing more about the requirements and exactly what they are. Can't wait to see them in game--I feel like the stream isn't really doing the game justice, but it's better than nothing for now.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
My only concern is how much life the loser seemed to have left when they were performed. A few times it looked the loser had as much as 25% life left when it was performed.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
The guy also said that some of them will be more difficult to pull off than others.. and some will be trolly. I like that. It will bring some comical balance into this dark themed game.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
They are awesome. Quick and dirty fatalities that dont stop the flow of battle. Im just curious on what needs to be met to trigger them. something like, "Do 5 teleports in the round then the shock grab will brutality on kill."? I thought at first it was as simple as killing with the special move causes it, wich would also be cool i guess.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
I really like them, but like someone said they're just not.. brutalities. Now I myself couldn't care less, I never liked the brutalities, just saying I understand if people are disappointed with that, I guess they just expected something else.

That said, damn they're fucking cool! Kotal's is in my opinion a lot more gruesome than any fatalitie so far. The way he pulls his sword down like that. This is gonna be mad hype in tournaments. :D

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
a lot of you that are hating on these brutalities because they weren't what you expected really makes me laugh. you just want nostalgia served on a platter for you huh? the old brutalities were just long ground combos into an explosion, the exact same thing as a KI Ultra like wtf? now you can swag combo someone to death, where is the drawback? you still get to do the combo, your swagiest shit then end in a Brutality, which is light years ahead of what brutalities used to be. Some of you Complain JUST to Complain about something i swear.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sorry but no. Brutalities are fucking epic lol and flashy.

Bullshit. I love them. It's a flashy way to end combos and it's awesome. Would you prefer a bunch of shitty strung together attacks and then the opponent exploding in 100 rib cages?

I think they're cool and they just said there's over 100. I'm really happy with what they did with them.

My only hope is that there is a way to NOT do them if you don't want to. Like....I don't want them to be automatic by simply ending a round with a certain move.
Agreed, Brutalities aren't horrible. They're like a combination of classic MK fatalities, brutalities from MKT and babalities and friendships in regard to "having to do something to in order to do it" I like them.

I'm curious as to what the things are will be, probably will change depending on the brutality and apparently I think we'll be able to choose or something before the match because notice Tyler asked Jenn to put the cam on them instead of the game at one point.

P.S. umm KI copied MK first off if anything with "humilations" and punching people off of roof tops, pits etc because we all know it's not like MK didn't do that first...lol

This is nothing like an Ultra Combo, KI3 they beat you up and punch you into a background portal or something very tame compared to MK X. I have to say Raiden's was fucking beast.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Nope I love them. I said it's not going to be like it was 20 years ago. I think they are fine and it works. It's like a quick solution to if you want to finish them without the long wait.