What's new

The "Boo-Hoo! The DLC is Too Expensive" Complaining Thread

BRUTALITY

Banned
A lot of the responses in this thread are so out of context and nasty it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I pray for the day US DLC gets a 50% price hike from your regular. Last MK I paid $30. This MK I'm paying $45. Next MK?

This is not about affording it or not affording it and trying to shame people like me with your kind of bizarre attempt at classism, trying to make me feel bad about this stupid increase. I can afford it. I don't want to pay it.

I support thr fucking scene and travel with my setup to events even when this game was banned in my fucking country. I have donated to EVO players and bla fucking bla. I am part of this community much more than so many people here so get the taste of NRS out of your mouths for 5 seconds and consider how you will feel if the next DLC pack is $45, American.

If this game gets a second season pass and THAT is another $30 or $45 dollars, that will be $60 - $90 dollars in DLC not including the original game purchase.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many people in this thread doing the whole "It's just $30" thing without understanding others economic situations.
if you are breaking even or going negative per paycheck...its not NRS's fault that DLC is expensive......you just suck with money.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
IIRC in current "vanilla" game we have 25(?) characters for 60 bucks.
Let's say for a costumer one character then costs 2,4$ or so. So how is it "fair" to charge 30$ freakin bucks (half the price of a full game) for only 4 characters? Basically the DLC should cost no more than 10$ in total... 4x2,4=9,6$
So yeah.. few pixels and 4 chars for half of the price of a full game? No thanks.
Ever heard of buying in bulk? :DOGE

But this is what I was saying by Assetto Corsa; Kunos, a company tiny as hell compared to NRS, yes it's a different game, but I can tell you getting car licenses aren't cheap, You get 10 cars with realistic physics....because that's easy? and also giving you the longest, most difficult track in the world that took TWO years to laser scan to the best quality possible and you get that all for $10. You would think that alone would cost the price of the game.

Last edited:

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I always liked Midway/NRS, I appreciate their sense of humor and their willingness to take risks, even if it didn't always pan out. They stick to the fight and come back better next time. I have no problem for any DLC prices on a game I intend to put hundreds/thousands of hours into, and a company that I appreciate as well.
That being said, Capcoms decision to make SF5 PS4 exclusive (and me being on XB1) they can have a hearty dose of Fuck You... Now NRS can have all my money, and I will do it with a smile on my face.
I am an adult, I work hard for my money, I have no issue with the cost.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
IIRC in current "vanilla" game we have 25(?) characters for 60 bucks.
Let's say for a costumer one character then costs 2,4$ or so. So how is it "fair" to charge 30$ freakin bucks (half the price of a full game) for only 4 characters? Basically the DLC should cost no more than 10$ in total... 4x2,4=9,6$
So yeah.. few pixels and 4 chars for half of the price of a full game? No thanks.
$15 for 4 characters $15 for 5 skin pack containing 3 characters which is $3 a pack. Or $1 per character/costume.

trufenix

bye felicia
A lot of the responses in this thread are so out of context and nasty it is absolutely fucking ridiculous. I pray for the day US DLC gets a 50% price hike from your regular. Last MK I paid $30. This MK I'm paying $45. Next MK?

This is not about affording it or not affording it and trying to shame people like me with your kind of bizarre attempt at classism, trying to make me feel bad about this stupid increase. I can afford it. I don't want to pay it.

I support thr fucking scene and travel with my setup to events even when this game was banned in my fucking country. I have donated to EVO players and bla fucking bla. I am part of this community much more than so many people here so get the taste of NRS out of your mouths for 5 seconds and consider how you will feel if the next DLC pack is $45, American.

If this game gets a second season pass and THAT is another $30 or $45 dollars, that will be $60 - $90 dollars in DLC not including the original game purchase.
Not to make light of your problems, but did it ever cross your mind to just not spend the money? Like, seriously if all this is breaking the bank and woe is me maybe just not do it? Who is breaking your arm to keep throwing money at a thing that is such an inconvenience for you? When I can't afford a thing, I just don't do it.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Gaming is getting more Expensive in general.
Absolutely. Yet it doesn't mean that you have to agree with this bs nonsense of 30$ bucks for 4 characters. LOL WTF? This DLC is worth no more than 10 bucks. 15 at most. But 30 fucking bucks for 4 charcters? Hell no.

BRUTALITY

Banned
Not to make light of your problems, but did it ever cross your mind to just not spend the money? Like, seriously if all this is breaking the bank and woe is me maybe just not do it? Who is breaking your arm to keep throwing money at a thing that is such an inconvenience for you? When I can't afford a thing, I just don't do it.
Have you even read a single one lf my posts dude? I dont have any problem. These 'problems' have been invented by you guys bashing me for complaining about the price hike. Is the price hike my 'problem'?

Listen I feel you, even though in the grand scheme of things, this is a petty amount of money, it does get sickening with the way these companies nickel and dime us nowadays. Good God I miss the days of earning and unlocking things and having a sense of achievement after doing it. But I cant lie, when it comes to certain games, I know im going to purchase the DLC cause I enjoy the game and will utilize it. I understand the money goes towards supporting NRS and future content so Im ok with that. But overall I do agree with you.

Absolutely. Yet it doesn't mean that you have to agree with this bs nonsense of 30$ bucks for 4 characters. LOL WTF? This DLC is worth no more than 10 bucks. 15 at most. But 30 fucking bucks for 4 charcters? Hell no.
Yet you PAID money for TYM premium.....in which only your name turns yellow.....w0t

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
No shit $30 isn't alot but some ppl obviously think its alot for what its being spent on.

$5 isn't alot but would you spend that much on a JollyRancher ?? Fuck no , better be the best tasting JollyRancher you ever had.

Anyway, if its that much of a problem just buy what you feel you would want separately..Its not that hard.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I think it is too expensive. As of now, I'm not really interested in the guest DLC characters and there are 2 klassic combatants. If one of the two Klassic characters are interesting I will buy it individually. Hopefully, that's around $4.99 per char. I don't care too much about collecting all the skins, so that is w/e to me.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Yet you PAID money for TYM premium.....in which only your name turns yellow.....w0t
Hey smartass, I paid for premium because I wanted to support TYM site, not because of the yellow nick name. So no, in return of those money I got satisfication that I actually supported this site. You Tried to prove something here but only made urself look even more stupid. Nice b8 m8.

SLy

Noob
Absolutely. However I feel as though NRS specifically deserves it (Not all Games). Business wise they understand its in high demand. I think they are going about the right way. Besides. Alot of hardwork was put in for this. If the tables were flipped Im pretty sure you would want your moneys worth also.

Hey smartass, I paid for premium because I wanted to support TYM site, not because of the yellow nick name. So no, in return of those money I got satisfication that I actually supported this site. You Tried to prove something here but only made urself look even more stupid. Nice b8 m8.
you paid to support TYM. TYM supports NRS.....but you don't want to support NRS and just complain....w0t

BDMao88

Filthy Casual

trufenix

bye felicia
Have you even read a single one lf my posts dude? I dont have any problem. These 'problems' have been invented by you guys bashing me for complaining about the price hike. Is the price hike my 'problem'?
So "I don't want to pay it" means "I don't have any problem" in your language? My bad.

It's simple. Don't buy it.

$60 gets you the game, you can enjoy that all you want. However, if you want to enjoy more of the game, pay more. It's like general admission into events, you want the extra stuff? Pay more!

Reactions: SLy