What's new

The "Boo-Hoo! The DLC is Too Expensive" Complaining Thread

Rajhkeem Beck

Mr. Still Getting it Together
I totally understand your dilemma. Not to mention that this is probably not gonna be the only dlc that they make as well. Im sure there will be more. Knowing Netherealm though, they will probably release some free dlc costumes in between the patches for the new characters.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
I can't speak to AU pricing, but the DLC is totally in line with previous NRS games in the US.

Previous season passes were $15 for four characters. Sold separately they were $5 a piece. Purchasing the season pass basically got you a character for free.

For Injustice they also sold skin packs for $3. In the MKX season pass we are getting four characters and five skin packs for $30. If all that was purchased separately (assuming skins and characters cost the same as IGAU) it would be $35. So, once again the season pass saves you $5.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. If you are like @Braindead and don't care for half of what the season pass offers... Wait until it goes on sale or Just don't buy it? Just get the DLC you want and save some money.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Everything in AU and NZ is overpriced. Especially in the latter, coming from someone who lives there.

It could be worse for you, I'm probably gonna end up paying like $50 for the shit.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
$30 is about what I expect, honestly. Or you can pay for each character individually to be relevant in competition for probably 20ish and not get Skins

FinalBoss_FGC

Don't buy it then? Simple.

Don't care about the price cause NRS puts a lot of work into their DLC. Tons of costumes, fantastic characters, great support of the game through free patches.
The only issue is that if you wish to play competitively, you basically have to learn much of each character. Without having them to mess around with in practice, it's harder. I mean, I plan to spend the reasonably priced (in my opinion) $30 for the Kombat Pack but I do understand the struggle of other people. There's bills and shit lol

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
I can't speak to AU pricing, but the DLC is totally in line with previous NRS games in the US.

Previous season passes were $15 for four characters. Sold separately they were $5 a piece. Purchasing the season pass basically got you a character for free.

For Injustice they also sold skin packs for $3. In the MKX season pass we are getting four characters and five skin packs for $30. If all that was purchased separately (assuming skins and characters cost the same as IGAU) it would be $35. So, once again the season pass saves you $5.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me. If you are like @Braindead and don't care for half of what the season pass offers... Wait until it goes on sale or Just don't buy it? Just get the DLC you want and save some money.
5 skin packs? each pack with 3 skins?
preordering on psn if that's the case

FinalBoss_FGC

This answer gets dumber every time I see it. Or maybe it's the people reposting it.
Well shit, everybody wants it to be cheaper...but it's not. Might as well get the Kombat Pack because it'll be cheaper in the long run if you want all the skins and stuff. It's just how I see it. We can't make it cheaper so might as well make the best of what we got, ya know?

BRUTALITY

Banned
Well shit, everybody wants it to be cheaper...but it's not. Might as well get the Kombat Pack because it'll be cheaper in the long run if you want all the skins and stuff. It's just how I see it. We can't make it cheaper so might as well make the best of what we got, ya know?
We can't make it cheaper but instead of eating it up with a shit eating grin while NRS laughs we can tell them to not pull this shit with us. They were heiled as the counter to Crapcom (I say that lightly and in character in this moment) with their patching and DLC innovations of last generation. Here they have the same strategy but this time are milking it a little too much (a lot) for my liking.

BRUTALITY

Banned
I would be indifferent.

I had a nasty post lined up about entitlement and free or super cheap DLC but it would fall on deaf ears here.
Thats funny because I would have countered with how games made it to release completed just fine for 20+ years before capitalist strategies strangled the industry to the shitheap it is today.

edit: Id also call you an asshole for being nasty for no reason but since you didnt, I wont.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
I would be less happy no matter what the price as long as the DLC exists.

Tournaments should ban any character that's not on the disc.

FinalBoss_FGC

We can't make it cheaper but instead of eating it up with a shit eating grin while NRS laughs we can tell them to not pull this shit with us. They were heiled as the counter to Crapcom (I say that lightly and in character in this moment) with their patching and DLC innovations of last generation. Here they have the same strategy but this time are milking it a little too much (a lot) for my liking.
I just don't see this being any different from MK9's pack deal.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Thats funny because I would have countered with how games made it to release completed just fine for 20+ years before capitalist strategies strangled the industry to the shitheap it is today.

edit: Id also call you an asshole for being nasty for no reason but since you didnt, I wont.
I didn't because there is enough BS on forums now days. But it's been a long time since big titles didn't milk the DLC cow. The writing has been on the wall for years and you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. They wouldn't still be doing it if people didn't buy it. It's the future of gaming and you either embrace it, or whine endlessly. Everyone knows it's kinda Bullshit, like paying extra for cheese, but it's we we're at now. Besides as far as DLC goes what else were you going to spend $30 on? A couple pizza's, alcohol or personal refreshments, I mean LBSH. Unless you have terribad management of your money it shouldn't be an issue for something so important, I mean you're here aren't you? Also not buying the premium editions has never once lessened my enjoyment of a title. But I also don't have special snowflake syndrome either which is rampant in gaming.