What's new

The "Boo-Hoo! The DLC is Too Expensive" Complaining Thread

If 30 dollars breaks the bank you got bigger issues than competing in fighting games my dude. :coffee:
Ahh but you're forgetting about the props one will receive once the world knows they are good in MK, surely that's worth more than any amount of money isn't it? Smh lol

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
@Compbros LOL. So I said the truth and you are salty about me indicating that it's possible that NRS is just playing typical marketing games with costumers? You know...like majority of companies these days?

And wtf are you even talking about? I said that 30 bucks for few pixels is a joke to me, and how nice it would be if NRS made something like free skin pack. That's why CDPR example was given.
Your post once again makes no sense as im just expressing my opinion on how 30+ dollars for this DLC is too much in my eyes, yet you are screaming how im trying to bite NRS. Lol, get over it - there are shitload of examples in gaming industry how companies charge people for the stuff that's already in the default game etc. There's allways a possibility, even with your beloved NRS.

If, for example, they reduced the price to 15 dollars - I would be willing to get it despite the fact that Im asked to immediately throw more money just after I already spent 60 bucks for the main game.

That's what you call salty? My replies? Ok. I said a quote from NRS, you responded in a mocking tone with "butbutbut" and then said roughly "like devs always tell the truth these days" thus implying that NRS aren't telling the truth, hence, lying. Am I incorrect in my assessment so far?

And I replied that all companies aren't the same ans you're still going with this mentality that these thinga could be on disc. They could WITH SACRIFICES. NRS has always offered free skins with their compatibility packs so they still are offering free dlc as well as paid. Regardless, NRS must answer to their bosses, WB, and that means turning a good profit especially on used copies to which they see no money. Do you have proof they're with holding the content or are their "the characters are being worked on and not on disc" just another "not truth".

The dlc can still be purchased separately and waiting allows you to pick and choose instead of blindly plopping down 15-30 bucks. That option is readily available.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
it is expensive. but NRS delivers quality content... and I need the data to not get bodied by OP dlc characters :D

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
You can always buy the game now and wait for the Komplete edition and it would probably save you money.

Assetto Corsa just released dream pack #1....$10 pre order with all info given, $15 after release day. You get 10 cars, Nurburgring-Nordschleife with 3 variations including the tourist experience, the track is laser scanned that took TWO years to make that includes every little dip and bump. Redesigned physics engine in a game that already had the best physics engine in a racing sim. That's VALUE. Suck it!

Yet some still complained about $10 for insane value...so nobody will ever be happy.

Just be happy NRS even made another Mortal Kombat for us, they didn't have to, but they care.:DOGE

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I wish skins would be unlockable in game and not have to be paid for. Having a skin should be a bragging right because you completed a hard task in game, not just bought it. But skins are a high demand thing for a lot of players, tournament players very much included. So business wise it's a no-brainer, just a little unfortunate for the consumer.

They should just have a Komplete Kombat Pack, and a Kombat Pack. Where the Kombat Pack just includes the DLC characters, and the KKP has everything.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I wish skins would be unlockable in game and not have to be paid for. Having a skin should be a bragging right because you completed a hard task in game, not just bought it. But skins are a high demand thing for a lot of players, tournament players very much included. So business wise it's a no-brainer, just a little unfortunate for the consumer.

They should just have a Komplete Kombat Pack, and a Kombat Pack. Where the Kombat Pack just includes the DLC characters, and the KKP has everything.
In all fairness I'm sure they'll have a few skins like that. Such as Elseworld Flash and Kryptonite Sex Luthor for example.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
You're all dummies, we get nothing for free, not even skins. NRS/WB just pre-charges us in different ways by pricing the game at set price that also include all the skins and DLC you already have on your disc that you bought. They are just making you pay nearly twice for the game by delaying features and locking them on the damn disc you bought! How sad.

R00KI30FTH3Y3AR

(S)teel (V)alley (K)ombat
I'm going to go ahead and try to rationalize this to the best of my ability, and bare with me here, 'cause I'm not sure I really understand how this whole process is working out. So for MK9 it was $15 for the season pass and by extent, four additional characters. None of those characters had any additional skins. This time, they want $30 for access to four characters and five additional skins. Well, in my ideal world and all future viewers are subject to disagree as they see fit(Intelligent discourse is always welcome), but why can't we just trim down the additional cost by offering an essential DLC pack. To clarify, just give me the characters, because I'm imagining that the surplus charge of $15 comes from those skins that, as a consumer, I could really care less for. Hell, it's a possibility that licensing fees for Jason and Predator could be what's pushing cost up. I do know this, it's not in good taste for myself as a consumer to shell out that kind of cash for extras when I'm paying an additional HALF of the cost for the WHOLE game I JUST bought.

Overall, it's nothing really major, I don't really see this as some grand conspiracy to screw over the working man out of his hard earned cash, but there's an it about this situation that no matter how hard I scratch just won't go away. Who knows maybe somewhere down the line it'll be stupid cheap and then I'll pick it up or I might come into some cash I didn't expect, and then it'll be "NRS....take my money...take it now!"

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I'm going to go ahead and try to rationalize this to the best of my ability, and bare with me here, 'cause I'm not sure I really understand how this whole process is working out. So for MK9 it was $15 for the season pass and by extent, four additional characters. None of those characters had any additional skins. This time, they want $30 for access to four characters and five additional skins. Well, in my ideal world and all future viewers are subject to disagree as they see fit(Intelligent discourse is always welcome), but why can't we just trim down the additional cost by offering an essential DLC pack. To clarify, just give me the characters, because I'm imagining that the surplus charge of $15 comes from those skins that, as a consumer, I could really care less for. Hell, it's a possibility that licensing fees for Jason and Predator could be what's pushing cost up. I do know this, it's not in good taste for myself as a consumer to shell out that kind of cash for extras when I'm paying an additional HALF of the cost for the WHOLE game I JUST bought.

Overall, it's nothing really major, I don't really see this as some grand conspiracy to screw over the working man out of his hard earned cash, but there's an it about this situation that no matter how hard I scratch just won't go away. Who knows maybe somewhere down the line it'll be stupid cheap and then I'll pick it up or I might come into some cash I didn't expect, and then it'll be "NRS....take my money...take it now!"
Because you can just buy each character Ala carte, don't want Predator or Jason but want the two MK characters? Then just pay $5 each for the two that come out. You can buy the skins separately anyway.

Games have had the standard retail price of $60 for this entire past decade. Except 10 years ago, games were being made by dozens of people with the same price. Now, games are being made by hundreds, sometimes thousands of professionals that need to be paid their salaries. The prices of everything else and wages have only gone up ever since then, except the standard pricing of AAA games. If you think a game made in 2005 is worth the amount of money as a 2015 game because they are both a single entity, I'd assume you are a four year old who also thinks that two nickels are worth more quarter. The standard could be bumped up (which some games are doing), or they could remain affordable for 95% of the content with the option to pay for content that totals with the game much beyond $60 worth.

Espio

Kokomo
Vote with your wallet and don't buy it. It's not like you need to buy the DLC to learn the match ups when you can get match up experience at locals, online and what not (contrary to people insisting you need to buy them to learn match ups). I got by just fine without buying Freddy and I found buying all the DLC for Injustice a waste cause I only labbed with Martian in a deep, relevant way and learned the match ups by playing them so that's what I'll be doing for MKX.

If history shows us anything, it's best to wait for the Ultimate/Komplete edition to save a good deal of money so you can get all the content in one shot. I personally don't want any guests on mine so if I buy anything, it would just be skin packs for Sonya and Goro (if they even get skins, that remains to be seen) and the two MK characters at most.

Most of the costumes will probably be for characters you're not going to main, alt or even use so in that respect, why bother beyond pure novelty? I only bought skin packs in Injustice that included Hawkgirl and Raven/Cyborg, nothing that didn't have them.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Do you guys complain when restaurants asks if you want to do a 1-2$ up charge for soup?
A better example would be if you purchased a pizza and the pizzeria sold you a pie with half the cheese a normal pie would usually have, then say, "You want more cheese? That's 2.99 extra.:" If it's supposed to be with the meal/game you best believe it should come with the item by default.

MK Led

Umbasa
A better example would be if you purchased a pizza and the pizzeria sold you a pie with half the cheese a normal pie would usually have, then say, "You want more cheese? That's 2.99 extra.:" If it's supposed to be with the meal/game you best believe it should come with the item by default.
Actually this dlc is more like you buy a normal pepperoni pizza and then the pizzeria is like hey do you want like a bunch more toppings? That'll be 44.99 extra...

If you can afford it, great you got extra topings, if you can't, then you still have the full pizza you bought to begin with.