What's new

The "Boo-Hoo! The DLC is Too Expensive" Complaining Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hilarious how so many people miss the OP's point and insult him. Almost as hilarious as people who make a little change thinking someone must be broke to not want to pay it.

I pay more for rent in NYC than some of you dudes make a month and I still think it's too much for what it is. Everyone isn't gonna be willing to pay the same price for the same things, especially when that price is an increase.

Now I could easily tell OP buy what he likes separate, like I will do with the characters because I refuse to buy skins, but I don't see the point bashing the other side of the argument simply because they disagree.

NY-Shadow

TestYourMight SUCKS
Just let NRS release a full game with all the characters from launch so that they can spend the next 3 months patching and nerfing the hell out of this game that will have 90+ characters. So that by Christmas they can hit us with a KOMPLETE EDITION version so that all you retards can go out and buy that as well.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
If you are looking to play competitively then you'll be spending a lot of money going to events and stuff. You should be able to pay $100+30 to the people making the game. This is a business and anything NRS decides to charge is fair if they can get away with it. If you don't have the cash then delay the purchase. I'll wait for Steam sales for example. Others might even wait for the komplete edition.

Wow give me a break, the paranoia levels are insane.
You must be young and naive. To think businesses are honest is truly the most extreme for of obliviousness.

EDIT: I do remember seeing you on a stream, yes you are young. My fault for engaging in conversation with someone lacking in real life experience such as yourself.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You must be young and naive. To think businesses are honest is truly the most extreme for of obliviousness.

EDIT: I do remember seeing you on a stream, yes you are young. My fault for engaging in conversation with someone lacking in real life experience such as yourself.
I'm probably much older than you. You're insane in the brain.
If you're seriously crying about all this you can't be older than 15.

Are the 2015ers the new 2013ers?

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Of course if things were cheaper it would be better. But without the money we can be in the situation of Capcom being broke. With the extra money it just means that the future of NRS games will only get better. Quality can't come without money unfortunately.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
The DLC is 20 bucks if you get it with the game right now. Everyone on this forum should be doing that anyway. 20 dollars is a steal for 4 amazing characters, and 12 skins (CARL FUCKING WEATHERS).

Besides, I'm happy to support additional content for my favourite franchise of all time. If you love something, I don't see why you wouldn't want to support it, and it getting more stuff.

Nerds have been spoiled. It's the only medium where the price of stuff has actually gone DOWN since the 90's.

And lol at thinking this DLC is already complete. Have you seen the models? Clearly they ain't finished.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd pick the option that says "I'm fine with this amount considering what I'm getting" It's VERY reasonable especially compared to Capcom especially with paid on disc bs. Which Tyler confirmed they don't do, none of the DLC is on disc...

Techincally we're getting 5 characters ahead of time if you count Goro(which we get just by preordering and they take the 5 bucks off whichever game(version) you're getting just by preordering. So technically he's free, why anyone would pass this up is beyond me...

Last edited:

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
GMG has a Steam code discount for MKX going on for $44 so I don't mind the $30 DLC that I was going to buy anyway. MKX + season pass + skins for $74 on PC? Yes please.

Edit: I just bought the Kombat Pack off GMG and they gave me another discount so it was only $24. Now I've only paid $68 for everything.

Last edited:

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
With the prices lowering at this rate, I'm thinking there's a conspiracy going on to buy MKX.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Or how about you don't tell people what to do? This is forum and people express different opinions because they are different... Nicely said "Shut the fuck up" won't help a bit.
Who said I was trying to help someone? A nicely said " shut the the fuck up" was exactly my intention. You can't help whiners, and if you whine, expect to get that nicely said shut the fuck up over and over again.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Or how about you don't tell people what to do? This is forum and people express different opinions because they are different... Nicely said "Shut the fuck up" won't help a bit.
Typical moron answer who instead of actually making valid points post stupid pics. Right.

That being said: 1) "You paid to support TYM" - no shit, Sherlock? Yes I paid because I like TYM as MK fanbase and I like discussions here. But I already stated that before. 2) "TYM supports NRS" - now if you cared to read what's written above you would realise that I really don't give a fcuk whether it supports NRS or not, im supporting TYM because I like this place. 3) "but you don't want to support NRS and just complain" - WHAT? I already supported NRS (which has nothing to do with my Premium acc decision in the first place) by buying MKX. I, just like the rest of people who feel the same, are expressing their concerns how 30$ is an overprice for this ridiculous DLC. So this DLC discussion and your claims about my TYM acc once again makes no sense.

Try harder next time. I know you can, boy.
Could you be more hypocritical, "boy"? I do not think it's possible. How does calling someone a "typical moron" help more than my "nicely said shut the fuck up"?

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Why is this thread still going on? If you think its too expensive then don't buy it.
DLC Supports NRS, the same reason why you buy the game.