What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi The Best Way to Balance Quan Chi (All Variations)

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You work for NRS? how do you know this shit?
...because I had a longtime in at EA for Madden, have a lot of friends in the business, and its the same everywhere.

When you work your tail off to get to a position where you then have to work your tail off again to impose your will and make it work, you tend to take input from outside sources to just a point.

If you went back and followed how it has gone up until now, you'll see I'm not wrong.

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
There is a big thread up for Liu's cancels they no longer build meter and I believe no longer jail
F213 still jails but is now +10 down form +14.
he still builds the same meter, 90% of a bar for 3 reps.
the meter nerf only occurs when his Fly Kick is meter burned.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
...because I had a longtime in at EA for Madden, have a lot of friends in the business, and its the same everywhere.

When you work your tail off to get to a position where you then have to work your tail off again to impose your will and make it work, you tend to take input from outside sources to just a point.

If you went back and followed how it has gone up until now, you'll see I'm not wrong.
Not saying you're wrong, just wondering how you knew, I love insight into the industry but for all I knew was just speculation, you know

Was working at EA exactly how I imagine it would be?

"What are we going to do today, EA Executive?"

"Same thing we do every day, @GAV - try to milk every dollar we can out of our customers!"

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
Not saying you're wrong, just wondering how you knew, I love insight into the industry but for all I knew was just speculation, you know

"What a we going to do today, EA Executive?"

"Same thing we do every day, @GAV - try to milk every dollar we can out of our customers!"
Any response to my rebuttal?

There is a big thread up for Liu's cancels they no longer build meter and I believe no longer jail (don't quote me on the specifics you can read about it in there). Jax lost 4% on all combo's and his overhead has like triple the frames to punish that it did before against most characters (although Wrestler did get a couple of extra Tick buttons, it's still an overall nerf). And nah I don't have a source on Tanya so I won't say anything else here. And sounds like you already know about Lao / Cass.

I mean there's no way of testing right now, but I'm almost 100% it won't juggle into the ender, that BnB it's already tight as hell on gravity to the point that I'm sure it won't string, also there is the fact that even if it did juggle it will do the exact same damage as it does currently. So I'm not sure what the point of it would be other than possibly a new opener or something. But yeah even without that change that would do nothing, we end up in the same place, it would leave him doing 2% less than he currently does because his combo's would be exactly the same. So I'm not sure what it is you are aiming for with that change but it wouldn't have whatever effect that you think it might, if you get me.
F213 fbc jails but its tight

GAV

"What a we going to do today, EA Executive?"

No, its more like keep employees in the dark using phrases like "need to know basis" and pay half of what other industry programmers get paid with little to no job security to speak of.

You think they screw the consumer? They're way worse to their employees.

no wonder a lot of games nowadays are crap

Reactions: GAV

GAV

B1 and B2 should combo into a low which should combo into his trance...
:coffee:

Goat-City

Banned
Not bad. But lets be real here none of these changes will be implemented because they'll just do what they want
I don't know man, I don't get why people have so little faith in NRS. I don't even mind if they disagree with these ideas just as long as they seriously consider them.

I like the concept of your changes, but i think I would go a more simplistic route and modify as few moves as possible to achieve similar balance.
First, i'll assume the -1 ex rune change is implemented and we would balance around it. As many have mentioned, this nerfs summoner the least of the 3, and doesnt solve the blender issue. For me, the fix would be-

-Quan not able to send bat while jumping
-Summoning bat cant be done mid trance

This lowers overall combo damage, nerfs meter gain, and prevents the trickier timing of most hard blocks. It pretty much changes his combos to sorcerer combos, always trying to end in 141 xx bat and concentrating on zoning.

To compensate for rune in Sor/War, i would just heavily cut the startup of ex skull and add a couple of blockstun frames. Essentially, this makes quan choose in each mixup midscreen to either not have a gap and be plus with skull, but cant combo to trance, or, combo to trance with rune but have a low-starter gap and a -1 on block.

These changes keep his mixup and runetrap in the corner (nerfing runetrap damage a little as well) and make quan choose a sensible mixup option midscreen but keep him dangerous if he corners the opponent.

I would still like some of your string changes, such as making 21 F3 be a useful tool in warlock, and keep your purple spell change and maybe have it drain a little stamina as well.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sorry man, thought it would be ok since I had a lot of agreement on the thread. When you type stuff like this out you just want to know it actually got seen by someone important so it wasn't a waste of time. Won't happen again.
we're never really looking for anything in specific or if we did it would be asked somewhere. I personally generally values everyone's opinion equally on most things and read through all kinds of threads and thoughts on things. Don't need anyone yelling 'look at me' for special attention.

Either way there is a ton of random speculation on this particular thread based about rumors, misinformed third hand information, or someone imagination.

ps would you actually think a game update comes out without random quanchi buffs???

we're never really looking for anything in specific or if we did it would be asked somewhere. I personally generally values everyone's opinion equally on most things and read through all kinds of threads and thoughts on things. Don't need anyone yelling 'look at me' for special attention.

Either way there is a ton of random speculation on this particular thread based about rumors, misinformed third hand information, or someone imagination.

ps would you actually think a game update comes out without random quanchi buffs???
If you guys make quans bat have no cooldown i will love you forever