What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Anyone got any advice on punishing Heihachi and Kazuya?

I know this sounds ambiguous but it seems most of their normals and specials are safe on block (which im sure they are not), and they have the ability to punish really hard upon my counter attacking.

King is probably my best character, but im deciding on whether to flesh out Armor King or Jaycee as his tag partner. Nina is kind of on the shelf for the time being.
What moves specifically? I was messing in training mode with the CPU on ultra hard and many times when the AI blocked my (Heihachi) 1+2 or while rising 1 it would just throw me. I had King and Jinpachi as dummies. Heihachi's lows can be hop kicked on block I believe. Jab string into throw as King, plain throw or fastest knockdown mid should cut it. Electric wind god fists can not be punished due to the pushback on block. Regular WGF's should be hop kickable.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Anyone got any advice on punishing Heihachi and Kazuya?

I know this sounds ambiguous but it seems most of their normals and specials are safe on block (which im sure they are not), and they have the ability to punish really hard upon my counter attacking.

King is probably my best character, but im deciding on whether to flesh out Armor King or Jaycee as his tag partner. Nina is kind of on the shelf for the time being.
I try to tombstone if they do something that allows for it. With both of them actually.
That sets them up for the giant swing.

King's b2,1 is fairly fast ... and you can CH with it since its safe. But yeah... anything that even looks really negative hopkick

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
How do I tech King's chain throws? The AI would just keep on throwin' throwin' throwin' throwin'... for like over 100 pts of dmg.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
How do I tech King's chain throws? The AI would just keep on throwin' throwin' throwin' throwin'... for like over 100 pts of dmg.
the largest damaging ones are usually teched with just 1.

however, there are some that are two button. I'd suggest searching on google or whatever for like... Tekken DR King breaks.... stuff like that.

You can't mash the input... there is a window to break them.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Bryan Fury... this character is so much fun to play. What a great offensive character, great personality and a very good troll on par with Paul and Bob.

What's the best combo you can do after Jet uppercut? The launcher itself is inferior in comparison with his other launchers imo but I'd like to know.

Crathen

Death is my business
Bryan Fury... this character is so much fun to play. What a great offensive character, great personality and a very good troll on par with Paul and Bob.

What's the best combo you can do after Jet uppercut? The launcher itself is inferior in comparison with his other launchers imo but I'd like to know.
He's not an offensive character , he's more geared towards whiff punishing / punishing and has got some decent long range tools and jet uppercut is his best launcher at i14 frames SAFE...everyone wants it.

Anyways here's a basic combo for JU:

f+1+2 , 2 , f+4,1 !B u/f+3 , d+3,2
ff , d/b+2 , d/b+2 , f+1 , b+3f 412 ( wallcarry )

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
He's not an offensive character , he's more geared towards whiff punishing / punishing and has got some decent long range tools and jet uppercut is his best launcher at i14 frames SAFE...everyone wants it.

Anyways here's a basic combo for JU:

f+1+2 , 2 , f+4,1 !B u/f+3 , d+3,2
ff , d/b+2 , d/b+2 , f+1 , b+3f 412 ( wallcarry )
Well, the way I see it he is very dangerous with his crush move launchers df3 and fu4. Looking at his moves he doesn't need to block stuff that much cuz he can just dodge and punish, so trying to pressure him is a bad idea when for example Ogre and Jack-6 need to be pressured because they have the range advantage over most of the cast. Now that I know what tools Bryan has if I have to fight Bryan as Jinpachi/Heihachi/Bruce I will try to keep my distance if possible. BTW I just looked... Jet uppercut being -7f on block according to Avoiding the puddle is pretty ridiculous, I just assumed it was at least -14f.

gdf

Noob
Oh shoot, SWBeta is on the front page of SRK.

To be honest I was hoping it was a new DLC package of costumes. :(

(But those combos are sexy, so I can't truely complain)

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Bryan's D/F+3 will always get blocked on reaction. It's too slow like Anna's D/B+3.

Flagg

Noob
Damn, I dont know if I can stick with this game. I mean I go into training mode, I find all these little things, I mean the game fascinates me, and I get utterly destroyed online. It's getting that im beginning to not enjoy the game.

My only semi decent character in this is King and I cant just go solo with him. Im thinking I would probably prefer to play Tekken without all this tag nonsense.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Damn, I dont know if I can stick with this game. I mean I go into training mode, I find all these little things, I mean the game fascinates me, and I get utterly destroyed online. It's getting that im beginning to not enjoy the game.

My only semi decent character in this is King and I cant just go solo with him. Im thinking I would probably prefer to play Tekken without all this tag nonsense.
Didnt take you long bro. Play SCV.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

All you've gotta do to start is understand the following:

- Movement
- Your characters best whiff punishers
- Your characters frame data, how to use it to create setups
- Safe moves
- Quick lows etc

Dont worry yourself about how to punish X character or how to fight against Y character so early. By doing all these so far I've become able to take games off of Sakishiro and when I played Ryan Hart it kept going to the wire.

It helps being beaten up anyway, the more you play the more you'll begin to recognise characters strings and playstyles etc. As well as how to get around them

You cant learn this game in an hour like MK.

Flagg

Noob
All you've gotta do to start is understand the following:

- Movement
- Your characters best whiff punishers
- Your characters frame data, how to use it to create setups
- Safe moves
- Quick lows etc

Dont worry yourself about how to punish X character or how to fight against Y character so early. By doing all these so far I've become able to take games off of Sakishiro and when I played Ryan Hart it kept going to the wire.

It helps being beaten up anyway, the more you play the more you'll begin to recognise characters strings and playstyles etc. As well as how to get around them

You cant learn this game in an hour like MK.
I feel you need to invest quite a bit of time into Tekken and I dont usually get to play every day cause of other commitments. I've always liked fighting games because of the mechanics and mind games of them.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I feel you need to invest quite a bit of time into Tekken and I dont usually get to play every day cause of other commitments. I've always liked fighting games because of the mechanics and mind games of them.
I'm getting blown up too tbh but hey there is so much room for improvement. I think a lot of people will back out early and pick up something else as its complex and does take time, but I think the investment will be worth it. Stick with it dude and if you're tired of getting blown up, send me an invite. I'm oh so bad at the moment.

One doesn't simply pick up a Mishima.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
You seem to have the wrong idea about how to play Tekken my friend.
If you aren't playing a Mishima the odds are stacked against you from the start.
I disagree. From my albeit limited understanding of the game, Mishimas require excellent spacing and execution, neither of which I currently have. It would slow down my learning and frustrate me more than anything.

There already seems to be an influx of players that think just because they can do an EWGF that they will auto win.

Flagg

Noob
Yeah I think I need a sparring partner, im just playing people that have obviously been playing the game since Tekken 5 and all on Master/Marauder ranking.

Flagg

Noob
I think that would help alot tbh and who is your team atm?
Well, King is my main man. I've been swapping between having Jaycee or Armour King as his tag partner. I have a bit of knowledge with Bruce and Nina but they dont really suit my game play right now.